New Chapter status?

jerrygoodman

On 5/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, Kanji said:

I'm happy waiting as well. I mean it won't be the first manga to enter an indefinite purgatory, but at least it's still getting some love.

In the mean-time i've been binge watching a load of 80's OVA's to feed my golden age nostalgia. Stumbled across one called 'Majuu Sensen' recently which bares some striking resemblances. I recommend checking it out if you are a fan of old anime. The manga pre-dates Guyver by a decade and is a mixture of devilman.

I've heard of this OVA, it was made by the late, great Ken Ishikawa - The creator of Getter Robo!

• 1 month later...

It just sucks that no one can ask Takaya what and why since that is seen as disrespectful for his culture. I find that frustrating. Still, I think it's rude that he didn't make an announcement and give an excuse. It's almost as bad as standing up a girl you asked out on a date. The point is, he could have said anything he wanted, it doesn't have to be about his personal life. At least than we'd know not to expect anything. But since it's taken this long and what ever chapters he was working on is in production hell. It's a bit obvious now. 

Edited by Jupiter
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did Yoshiki Takaya know Kentaro Miura?  Both of them have been Mangakas since the 80's.  Many Mangaka paid respects to Kentaro Miura after his passing.  I know that Kentaro Miura inspired many to initially get into the industry though Guyver actually began prior to Berserk.  Has Yoshiki Takaya said anything or paid his respects to Kentaro Miura?

6 hours ago, Bio-Boosted Dude said:

Takaya seems to be a very private person so while I imagine he probably paid his respects he probably didn't do it publicly. If he were going to say anything publicly I would rather it be about Guyver.

You ever get the feeling he and his Guyver ghosted everyone without so much as a goodbye handshake? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Masamune said:

Is the consensus that Takaya owes the fans an explanation, or not?

To be honest, if he has no intention of picking up the series he should at least put the fans out of their misery.

Explanation? No. he can do whatever he wants with his life.

But confirmation whether or not to continue hoping for more? Yes. We absolutely do deserve that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been away a long time, sad to see that things haven't improved but then thats a risk with long running Manga. 

If, and lets not lose all hope here, but if Guyver never comes back lets not forget it. It was my first anime, and it's an amazing series even if it remains unfinished.

These days I find myself watching one of the series that inspired Guyver, Ultraman as well as all it's sequels and spin-offs. I even see some  of the inspirations for Zoanoids.

Zx-tole

5403781-zx-tole.jpg

Zetton

f78397b2d123579eeec0fbe7b4052eb3.png

Even now I think of Guyver even when I haven't watched the series in years.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It just occurred to me.... I never read the translation for the last volume. 

I have the raw, and I went thru it, but I had absolutely zero interest in reading it at the time. Now I'm dying to read it but forgot where I downloaded it to!

Hah! I'm sure its on my old HD, I'll get it, but it just struck me outside of agito getting the exceed, nothing super interested me. 

• 1 month later...