New Chapter status?

jerrygoodman

40 minutes ago, Dragonball Lee said:

GUYVER IS BACK!!! Been checking this forum from time to time for years in the hope of some news. Looks like chapter 190 came out end of July. So glad we might finally see an end.

I think I may have gotten too excited. Goddammit. I've asked for my post to be removed. Looks like there's translations from vol.31 being uploaded to certain sites and it's been so long since I've read Guyver and first time I've seen these chapters translated. Bah.

Well, I'm actually surprised that it took this long for the scanlations to be posted somewhere.  Despite the advocacy's efforts to curtail unauthorized reproduction and support the author, there are just some things they cannot control.  This just means that the longing the more avid fans haven been feeling all these years will be felt by the general public as well.  

Hmm... perhaps given the attention widespread scanlation does to a title, perhaps this will let the author know that there are a lot more fans out there than they expect, and hopefully push out new chapters.  Well, here's hoping...

4 hours ago, durendal said:

Well, I'm actually surprised that it took this long for the scanlations to be posted somewhere.  Despite the advocacy's efforts to curtail unauthorized reproduction and support the author, there are just some things they cannot control.  This just means that the longing the more avid fans haven been feeling all these years will be felt by the general public as well.  

Hmm... perhaps given the attention widespread scanlation does to a title, perhaps this will let the author know that there are a lot more fans out there than they expect, and hopefully push out new chapters.  Well, here's hoping...

Well, the person uploading them says it is their own translation. So it's the way that we have always said someone should do it if they wanted it all out there for free: Go do it yourself. It's not nearly as hard as it used to be with translation software getting better and better.

But no one ever wanted to put the time in for Guyver. Now someone finally has, and the rest of the free readers can now access what they new person is posting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't want closure. I would want the true story in full, or nothing. At least if we get nothing, we can each imagine the rest of the story according to our own preferences. I'd accept extra drawings by Takaya of course, what the zoaforms look like, what the uranus look like etc. but I wouldn't want a lacklustre story summary.

3 hours ago, Bio-Boosted Dude said:

I think even if we get the story in full, the one thing that I have no problem with never being revealed is what the uranus look like. theres got to be some mystery left in the guyver universe and keeping the creators as such expands our perceived scale of it.

I Agree. I have a feeling Takaya may never reveal what The Advents/Creators look like, and I'm okay with that. Explaining details about ancient, technologically advanced extraterrestrial races while never revealing their appearances is crucial for maintaining an air of mystery, as we've observed with The Advents/Creators possible inspirations: The Firstborn from 2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequel, and the Protoculture from Macross. 

On 8/27/2022 at 6:29 AM, UltraGuyver351 said:

it wouldn't hurt to know what Balcus & Galenos' battleforms look like. 

Barkas is still working on his, I bet. Probably incorporate anything that ever worked on a Guyver into it. Vikarr's sound waves, Elegen's electricity, the enzyme...

He'd be nuts not to do some 'paperclipping' as the other Zoalords had some interesting ideas...

Like, maybe he can combine with a bunch of Zoanoids, but they don't get incorporated permanently like with Cabral, but can integrate and peel off as he decides - like a giant, walking beehive. But combining does make him, or them,  exponentially stronger, like the Unus. An Enzyme type IV that has that quality? Plus electricity?

Galenus turns into a volcano. That simple. Because how do you beat a volcano?

Edited by Salkafar

4 hours ago, Salkafar said:

Barkas is still working on his, I bet. Probably incorporate anything that ever worked on a Guyver into it. Vikarr's sound waves, Elegen's electricity, the enzyme...

He'd be nuts not to do some 'paperclipping' as the other Zoalords had some interesting ideas...

Like, maybe he can combine with a bunch of Zoanoids, but they don't get incorporated permanently like with Cabral, but can integrate and peel off as he decides - like a giant, walking beehive. But combining does make him, or them,  exponentially stronger, like the Unus. An Enzyme type IV that has that quality? Plus electricity?

Galenus turns into a volcano. That simple. Because how do you beat a volcano?

Galenos' battleform would definitely be a big, rocky magma golem, but I hope the design will be badass.

Combining being Balcus' power could explain why he gave that power to Aptom, and he could've been involved with the optimization of Cabral Khan.   

Edited by UltraGuyver351

12 hours ago, UltraGuyver351 said:

Combining being Balcus' power could explain why he gave that power to Aptom, and he could've been involved with the optimization of Cabral Khan.   

Balcus wasn't the one who gave Aptom his powers, It was a casualty/randomness: He wanted to upgrade his powers.

About the Zoalords forms: He was involved in all the Zoalords optimization.

Balcus Zoaform powers if he has a battle mode, will be (probably) the creation of illusions.

Edited by ALASTOR

4 hours ago, ALASTOR said:

Balcus wasn't the one who gave Aptom his powers, It was a casualty/randomness: He wanted to upgrade his powers.

About the Zoalords forms: He was involved in all the Zoalords optimization.

Balcus Zoaform powers if he has a battle mode, will be (probably) the creation of illusions.

D'oh! I forgot about those two details! I gotta reread Guyver more often. (Well, more often than I already do.)

Agreed, that'd be fitting for Balcus.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:23 AM, UltraGuyver351 said:

I Agree. I have a feeling Takaya may never reveal what The Advents/Creators look like, and I'm okay with that. Explaining details about ancient, technologically advanced extraterrestrial races while never revealing their appearances is crucial for maintaining an air of mystery, as we've observed with The Advents/Creators possible inspirations: The Firstborn from 2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequel, and the Protoculture from Macross. 

A theory I have is that the Creators aren’t depicted in any ancient drawings or artwork because they’re a gas or plasma. So they’d basically be invisible to the naked eye and they needed the Guyver suits to interact with the planet.

14 hours ago, AufWiedersehen said:

A theory I have is that the Creators aren’t depicted in any ancient drawings or artwork because they’re a gas or plasma. So they’d basically be invisible to the naked eye and they needed the Guyver suits to interact with the planet.

Sorry but your theory is wrong.

Yoshiki Takaya is a lazy person but also a smart one: That's why we never seen the Advents. :cheers:

5 hours ago, ALASTOR said:

Sorry but your theory is wrong.

Yoshiki Takaya is a lazy person but also a smart one: That's why we never seen the Advents. :cheers:

No theory is "wrong" until proven by Takaya.

Just like the theory that Imakarum is Apollyon. Some people still believe it is someone else, despite all the evidence from the books saying otherwise being pointed out to them.

You can discuss and call theories unlikely or implausible... unless it is a topic that has been covered in the manga. If it has, then something can be "wrong", because the author said so.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matt Bellamy said:

No theory is "wrong" until proven by Takaya.

Just like the theory that Imakarum is Apollyon. Some people still believe it is someone else, despite all the evidence from the books saying otherwise being pointed out to them.

You can discuss and call theories unlikely or implausible... unless it is a topic that has been covered in the manga. If it has, then something can be "wrong", because the author said so.

I’d welcome to be proven wrong if it means Takaya finally continues the series 😅

Edited by AufWiedersehen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My first post is to share news from Italy. Starcomics, the Italian publisher of Guyver, has cancelled the series from his online catalogue (or at least, the one available to retailers). There is no official announcement (I suppose it's not that interesting), but I have written for confirmation. Keep you posted, guys!

• Sad 1

I am very grateful they keep publishing all the available material; it's been extremely professional from their side. They replied to my request, saying they will publish any new material should the publication resume. The only thing to do right now is to buy the art book and show that the international community is still very much interested in the best bioboosted armour out there!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...