New Chapter status?

jerrygoodman

• 2 weeks later...

Because of that cover, I got curious of Plunderer (since I just found out it's also published in the same magazine).  Decided to watch the anime and read the manga.  Managed to read that particular issue and saw the contents, no mention of Guyver whatsoever. 

• 3 weeks later...

This months cover. While not Guyver she looks interesting, like she could be Alkanphel's love interest :P

Also for once, they calmed down on the boobage....

Well next months one looks like the made up for that with their boobist character to be next months.

w641.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sully said:

snip

Sully. I don't know if anyone cares about how I feel in this. I'd more than love for there to be new chapters and more support. But I don't know if I want to be that guy that is just standing there and waiting for something that isn't going to happen.  Yoshiki has had more than enough time to come out with a chapter. Let alone either for the author or the magazine to touch base with the fans on why there hasn't been anything. Someone in the Monthly Ace or in the media who know's something could at least comment and give an update or some sort of news about it.  The lack of media and support for the Guyver franchise is terrible. It's unfair to the people reading it. I know everyone's trying to be proactive and trying to anticipate when this thing starts up again. But what if that's it? At what point are we all wasting our time? 

Edited by Polyonymous

35 minutes ago, Polyonymous said:

Sully. I don't know if anyone cares about how I feel in this. I'd more than love for there to be new chapters and more support. But I don't know if I want to be that guy that is just standing there and waiting for something that isn't going to happen.  Yoshiki has had more than enough time to come out with a chapter. Let alone either for the author or the magazine to touch base with the fans on why there hasn't been anything. Someone in the Monthly Ace or in the media who know's something could at least comment and give an update or some sort of news about it.  The lack of media and support for the Guyver franchise is terrible. It's unfair to the people reading it. I know everyone's trying to be proactive and trying to anticipate when this thing starts up again. But what if that's it? At what point are we all wasting our time? 

I think if you have to ask " At what point are we all wasting our time?" I think you might already be there.

It's now been officially over 4 years since we've had a single chapter of manga.

I know I may have mentioned it before to other people, but I will always say it again: Don't count on new material. Move on. Focus on other things.

As much as we want more Guyver, hoping and wishing for it... It's not up to us, and if more does come, it will come when it does. And if it doesn't? Constantly hoping for it will hurt even more when/if we are confirmed no more will ever come.

I have taken years away from any real Guyver talk in the past, and came back when something finally came up... And even during some other long breaks, I have had Fanfiction/Fanart/Friends stuff to keep me interested in the concept of Guyver, even when there is no official material being made.

It is a choice you make, to keep coming and looking for new Guyver material. Just alter that choice. Come for discussion on Guyver related topics if you want to try and continue keeping the community alive, or bow out of Guyver discussion completely. Find a new topic to focus on. I have lots of other interests other than Guyver, and sometimes I take some time (sometimes months) and focus on them. Find their communities and interact with them. Find something else to be excited for.

I am not going to say we don't miss our members who do eventually move on... But since no new content is currently being made, and speculation topics have been so overdone, there is nothing left to speculate about...

Maybe come back every 6 months or every year just to check for new material. If there is, there could be more than you expect. If not, your quick little pop in won't effect you all that much as you move on to your other interests.

Even at this point, as part of the fan fiction part of the site, we've officially moved on from the manga, and will not be writing around it any further. I sometimes wish we could go back to the days where the fan fiction was still actively being put out so that we could contribute SOMETHING... Unfortunately despite all of our current planning ( we meet up to talk at least twice a month), writing just isn't feasible with our lives at the moment... With artwork sometimes popping up in bursts with long times between.

• Like 4

Same here. I've been hooked for years and will wait for the newness without worry. If we get new chapters and an eventual end, sweet! If not, I can always re read and re watch the content. This is my favorite manga. Love it all. At least we can say "damn, this is good! Can't wait for more!" 

• Like 3

I'm happy waiting as well. I mean it won't be the first manga to enter an indefinite purgatory, but at least it's still getting some love.

In the mean-time i've been binge watching a load of 80's OVA's to feed my golden age nostalgia. Stumbled across one called 'Majuu Sensen' recently which bares some striking resemblances. I recommend checking it out if you are a fan of old anime. The manga pre-dates Guyver by a decade and is a mixture of devilman.