New Chapter status?

jerrygoodman

This concern with being "impolite" towards Takaya is strange. We are all passionate fans of his work and have purchased it across several forms of media.

He hasn't published anything for years and has said nothing publicly about why. It's fully appropriate for long-term fans to contact Takaya, find out what he is doing, and establish if/when the manga will be published again (if ever).

If you have connections to Takaya then please get over yourself and use them already, and report back with any information you gather.

Edited by Valkamor

Hey! That's not any way to talk to people who take care and effort to cultivate a relationship with somebody of a different culture.
Is that how you make friends? By being impolite?

They have clearly gone out of their way and tried their best to negotiate a very tricky culture, all for our benefit and then you say that?

Edited by Tora Tan

Wow... I never expected that...
Look, I honestly don't know if anyone still knows who I am among the Guyver fan community, I don't know if my history holds any weight or any special privilege.... but I have made a couple of contacts and I feel I am immensely fortunate to have these contacts. I count myself as very lucky to be in the position to ask any questions at all and get a response from Takaya-sensei himself, even if it is a second hand response.
In Japanese culture, it is rude to ask personal questions. There is a lot of subtlety. You have to read between the lines and when you get a reply from a Japanese person, it is very carefully considered.
I do not have any right to be rude to my contact, or ask my contact to be rude to Takaya-Sensei. I'm sorry if my respect for other human beings is inconvenient to you.

• Like 1

Mod time....

Hello Guys / Gals / Guyvers / Zoanoids and others,

Please remember we're not all from the same place in the world and what you might find is acceptable or the  way to do things doesn't quite work that way in another part of the world. It's made all the more complex here were while it's a technically small Guyver community but its global.

Yep it's bloody annoying that Takaya is taking his sweet time but in the end if you're a Guyver fan (especially one since the 90s) you know there are periods of timeout with zero explanation.

Simply put we're all Guyver fans and we've all tried to push for info as to the why we're in our current lack of new content (as the why, it doesn't really matter other than the general word back is at some point Guyver will be continuing and Takaya isn't dead).

The main rule of this forum is to be respectable to each other, there is no need for upset here and no need to be telling other fans what to do.

Keep this in mind as this thread continues.

• Like 4

I surely never attempt to be impolite here or regarding Takaya. I think the majority of us are huge fans anxious for the return of our favorite manga. It's good to be passionate about it, but never to a degree that takes it to a literal negative place. Does it suck it has been years since any news has come of the manga? Oh yeah. But regardless, we're all still fans. Just gotta be patient and hopefully it will come back... and even if it doesn't,  we can read the many, many chapters of great story and art over and over again. I am on my 8th read through of the chapters now. Still damned awesome. Plus, this property has some of the swankiest merch and figures out there. Kind of a huge plus.

6 hours ago, Sully said:

The current Ace cover.... yes that's  some idiot in one of the pictures trying to do some strangely stupid wrestling move to show some girls nickers.....

w641.thumb.jpg.f3955cc2dab55f38e976e22d8b0c3ffa.jpg

Next month looks like the big boobed cat lady again.

for once I know what series that is  (Kemono Michi) as its just finished its anime run and is written by the creator of konosuba. Alas poor princess Altena  or as everyone calls her after said wrestling move princess buttocks

• Haha 1

I don't really have much to say on the above, but as somebody who has lived here in Japan for 20 years now, I can say that Jess' comments about how Japanese people conduct themselves is pretty accurate. A lot of people know what's really going on, but they aren't spilling the beans because to do so would be inappropriate. I know many creators in the industry and could probably get a scoop but like Jess has said, I wouldn't dream of asking as it would be mighty impolite. We will find out when the time is right, and Takaya alone gets to choose the timing and method in how he reaches out. That's just the way things go.

Anyway, as Sully says, LOOK AT THEM PANTIES!!

Edited by TricoBren
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been lurking on this forum for a while, mostly just following this thread.  I loved the Guyver live action movies when I was a kid and got into the source material when I was older.  I saw this picture of Yoshiki Takaya on the the Guyver World facebook group.  Someone in the Guyver subreddit said it was a recent picture.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3167016026659501&set=a.270188496342283&type=3&theater&ifg=1

I saw this picture and was surprised no one shared it on this thread.  It got me wondering, is it indeed a recent picture or has it been circulated previously?

Edited by undyinglight

• 4 weeks later...

There is no word on the street! It seems it's rather impolite to ask directly in Japanese culture, so not much is getting out to the streets. The preview in last months issue didn't make note of any guyver.

It does look rather out of place in the line up. I'm wondering if he doesn't want it publish alongside that line up and is hoping to move elsewhere.