Everything posted by Matt Bellamy
-
Kamen Rider Wizard - september 2012
Will definately going to give this one a shot. Can kind of already see how he will use the belt... Though the hand print on the buckle is kind of tacky, but fitting if it works the way I think it will. The suit IS kind of plain, and does scream Den-O in overall looks and/or idea, but it doesn't actually look BAD IMO ( like Fourze... ugh) How much you want to bet the other forms each use a different weapon too?...lol
-
Chibi Griselda
So, Brian O'Sullivan of warriorguyver.com posted some new writing he did on our forum. Me, who hasn't sadly written anything for the site in years, thought I would be funny to mock him... For actually doing something. So I made this post: The idea would be if someone was scolding him for actually doing something. The word "scolding" stuck in my mind, and I pictured a generic anime girl scolding him... But because of who I am... The generic girl turned into Griselda. Then into a chibi Griselda. And there was no way I could NOT draw that. Even if I am at work, and only had scrap paper and a crappy pencil. Then added: This will be fixed up and finished when I get home ( or tomorrow)... But I thought I would share since well... It's a slow day at work... lol.
-
Illusion of Choice (Preview)
What is this...? Writing? On a fanfiction site? Absurd! Chibi Griselda will have none of this! ... Originally had planned to just make fun of the fact someone here actually posted some writing... But the idea of someone scolding Brian seemed funny... And then the idea of a Chibi Griselda doing it just seemed even funnier. So despite the fact I am at work, and only had scrap paper and a "classic" pencil handy... I could not pass it up. And yes, this WILL be fixed up and finished. *EDIT* Yeah... I took it one step further... See below link to the fanart forum... http://warriorguyver.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4652
-
Guyver volume 2 - 7 (non guyver advocacy)
No doubt eventually there will be a proper translated version of the japanese book 5 ( proper names, non-flipped and no McGyver references... lol), but hopfully these will do for now. But Ryuki and I were getting a little sick of people not being able to find the early books, and not reading any farther in this glorious manga series that we do love so much.
-
The Avengers
Went to a Thursday night showing with my brother. Loved it. Downloaded a cam rip. Watched it a few more times on Friday/Saturday. Went to theater again on Sunday when friends went to see it . Yeah, it's good stuff. Great stuff. Puny god. Now, I will admit, I am a much bigger Iron Man fan than any of the other characters... And RDJ's Tony Stark certainly has been the publics favorite character... They perhaps gave him a bit too much screen time once he finally arrived... But what can I say? The guy is just awesome. Everything he says is awesome, just because of how he says it. He has friction with every character (some to a lesser degree) due to his carefree and selfish attitude... Yet doesn't quite come off as an asshole... Though maybe a bit jerkish... lol My only complaint was that there wasn't even a mention of War Machine. They should have mentioned something along the lines of him being busy, or that Stark was still working on a new armor for him. I mean, Rhodey is eveything that SHIELD wanted in an armored fighter ( See Iron Man 2's ending... Iron Man: Yes. Tony Stark: Not Recommended) ... Except the super brain... But Rhodey is still no idiot. If his armor was active, there is no reason why he should not have been there to fight an alien invasion. Kind of a small complaint, especially considering it could have just been 1 sentence added to clear it up... But they gotta think that fans would notice stuff like this. Kind of dissapointed at the first special scene at the end of the initial credits... Should have used Kang the Conqueror or Skrulls... Thanos is more of a Galactic enemy ( though I may be thinking more recently, but even the Infinity Guantlet had non Avengers in it ). The shwarma scene was funny though. Especially since they were still in costume ( well not Stark), but the guys in the background just kept on cleaning as usual. Now just to wait for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 for next year, and Cap 2 in 2014.
-
Marvel's The Avengers
Went to a Thursday night showing with my brother. Loved it. Downloaded a cam rip. Watched it a few more times on Friday/Saturday. Went to theater again on Sunday when friends went to see it . Yeah, it's good stuff. Great stuff. Puny god. Now, I will admit, I am a much bigger Iron Man fan than any of the other characters... And RDJ's Tony Stark certainly has been the publics favorite character... They perhaps gave him a bit too much screen time once he finally arrived... But what can I say? The guy is just awesome. Everything he says is awesome, just because of how he says it. He has friction with every character (some to a lesser degree) due to his carefree and selfish attitude... Yet doesn't quite come off as an asshole... Though maybe a bit jerkish... lol My only complaint was that there wasn't even a mention of War Machine. They should have mentioned something along the lines of him being busy, or that Stark was still working on a new armor for him. I mean, Rhodey is eveything that SHIELD wanted in an armored fighter ( See Iron Man 2's ending... Iron Man: Yes. Tony Stark: Not Recommended) ... Except the super brain... But Rhodey is still no idiot. If his armor was active, there is no reason why he should not have been there to fight an alien invasion. Kind of a small complaint, especially considering it could have just been 1 sentence added to clear it up... But they gotta think that fans would notice stuff like this. Kind of dissapointed at the first special scene at the end of the initial credits... Should have used Kang the Conqueror or Skrulls... Thanos is more of a Galactic enemy ( though I may be thinking more recently, but even the Infinity Guantlet had non Avengers in it ). The shwarma scene was funny though. Especially since they were still in costume ( well not Stark), but the guys in the background just kept on cleaning as usual. Now just to wait for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 for next year, and Cap 2 in 2014.
-
The Avengers
Yeah... I find it so sad that certain places of the world are getting it so early... But the places where the movie is based, and where the characters were created.... Gets it 9 days after. (May 4th ) I mean, Over a bloody week difference... Not just a few days. I mean, ok, yeah I know with other movies they tend to get them a bit later at times... But geez, this isn't a foreign film... It decidedly American.
-
Bleach Anime
Huh... Never saw that coming... I mean, yeah, the Anime is basically caught up to the manga again... But even the manga stated that the story arc that has just started is the final part. It just seems like they didn't want to do a bunch of filler crap now that it is caught up. Once the manga is finished, I am sure we will see more animated Bleach. Just to finish it off. Either a movie, or an OAV... But I am sure this is not the last we will see of animated Bleach.
-
Guyver May 2012 - 18 pages
I can't speak for everyone, but I think it would be weak story telling. Jade Tatsu made a thread about weak story telling and this was one of the concerns, apollon coming out of nowhere. I refuse to believe he could be a new player for that very reason. it would be lame, and takaya sensei doesn't do lame. I agree totally, though my reasoning isn't just because "it's lame" lol! Imakarum and Archanphel have been out of play for so long, it would be poor story telling to bring in some new guy, who we aren't even sure IS an enemy... But seems to have powers similar to Archanphel. It's not hard to believe that when Imakarum was in Archanphels healing pod, that he wasn't upgraded. Archanphel made Imakarum special right from the start... this much we already know simply because of his eyes. But Imakrum is maybe so special, that Archanphel risked almost whatever little bit of life he may have in him, to fully resurrect him, because Archanphel wants a replacement for himself, rather than just a replacement for Guyot. And with Imakrum now having seen the true past, and what Archanphels motivations actually are, it's more likely that IF Apollon is Imakarum, he's trying to complete Archanphels goal of getting the Ark going. If anything, he might be using Tetsuro and Mizuki as bargaining chips for Sho to help him take out the remaining Zoalords... Despite some of them possibly still being loyal... But not knowing the full truth. The whole " Hey look, I know how you work. Help me complete my goal, and we'll leave Earth." type of deal. And who knows, maybe they don't need Zoalords to power the Ark anymore. Maybe they just need the crystals. If that is the case, then all Apollon needs are the Zoa-Crystals, thus why he'd even go after still loyal Zoalords. Just as an insurance that they wouldn't betray them at a later date. I wouldn't put it past them to create some kind of biological housing for the crystals on the ark, in order for them to still function.
-
Goodbye 2011!
In my room. Playing Star Wars. Playing Yu-Gi-Oh. Then Kingdoms of Amalur. Then The Darkness II. Now, Mass Effect 3 Demo. That and in the process of moving to a new house ( YES ****ING AGAIN! ).
-
Goodbye 2011!
Hells yeah! Common Dark Armed Dragon! Booya! ...What? Oh right. Happy... New... Yar!...? Right. NOT a pirate. Keep forgetting that.
-
The Avengers
Still don't like the look of the new Iron Man armor, but I know it'll still be badass. Caps costume does look a little... Off... But that is probably because I really liked his costume from his own movie. But gotta say, neither of those things is making me want to see it any less =P
-
American Comics
There was mention about Nova and Star Lord not being dead and all, but yeah... The only thing we've heard from Marvel is the whole "X-Men vs the Avengers" crap. I felt that despite the good ending of The Thanos Imperitive, it seemed to forget everything that happened before it... Like Darkhawk... ( Another old favorite of mine brought back, but tossed away). I think Marvel needs to stop these crossovers and let individual comics do more than 1 or two story arcs on their own before they start shaking things up again. Ever since Civil War ( I think that was the first of the current ones... Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Fear Itself) there has been non stop super crossovers, where individual comics get maybe 6 issues to do something on their own, then they are thrust back into it. Sure, it's what basically made the Cosmic universe awesome... Annihilation was epic... But it got steadily less epic afterwards... mainly because... Really, who cares about the Inhumans? lol *Edit* Check that... Nova is seemingly returned in "Point One"... Guess it came out in early Novemeber...? *Edit 2* Check that, it's an alternate reality Nova. Costume does look a little better than I thought originally... Just still not as cool as Nova Prime's. Ugly new costume too it looks like...
-
Guyver November 2011
I dunno... Doesn't look like they were doing too well against the Libertus, thus probably why the need to merge them before the Libertus took care of them all. I was kind of wondering if they would have posed any kind of challenge to the Libertus... Especially with some of the Libertus away, keeping Aptom busy... But that didn't seem to be too much of an issue... We'll just have to wait and see just how powerful Guyot's new form really is.
-
Bleach Anime
- New ThunderCats
Just some of my thoughts on the new show: Overall: Loved it. I always thought the space aspect was a rather poor way of handling the old series. "The Lost Kingdom" thing has been done lots of times before, so it's nothing new... but it fits with the new Thundercats really well. Lion-O - No more of this "Young Man in Full Grown Mans Body" crap. He's kinda stereotypical in a few ways... But considering it's a remake of such an old show, I'll let it pass for now. Tygra - Yeah... He's a bit of a dick... For now. But I think it's more of a brotherly rivalry than anything... I don't see Tygra as the type to defect... But now that Lion-O is lord of the Thundercats, he will still be a counter voice to Lion-O. In some ways, he'll be the "Wolverine" of the team. He'll follow Lion-O and be all badass... But will let Lion-O know when he screws up. Cheetara - Badass. The idea behind her being a "Cleric" is pretty awesome... Cause it means she might eventually use powers like Jaga did, other than her speed. If not, she's still a highly skilled fighter. Panthro - I doubt he is dead. I HIGHLY doubt they would have splashed him all over the promo pictures if they weren't going to keep him around. Besides, he's always been one of the primary Thundercats. He will return. Snarf - YES! OH THANK GOD YES! I really like the fact they didn't keep him the same. It suits the idea better I think. Jaga - Bad. Ass. 'nuff said. Wilykit/Wilykat - They kinda skipped over their reasoning for leaving the shelter... They should have ran into the guy they swindled earlier or something. Hopfully they prove themselves useful. So far so good though. Can't wait for more.- Guyver Sprites
Moved down to Imagery Forum.- Captain America: The First Avenger
Saw it. Made me happy. Avengers Teaser. Made me happier. A solid 7/10. Certainly not the worst Marvel movie thus far... But Iron Man is hard to top. It hit most of the right buttons it need to. Captain America slips a bit short... But not by far.- Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Sacred Seven. First episode was pretty decent... But I do so love the opening theme.- Okay important question.
Honestly, I cannot say for certain... Drawing has been my ultimate priority right now, and I have been being quite lazy in that department as well. With the return of Brian and such, things are in motion, and there is a very good chance writing shall take me once again. I WILL say this though. IF I do ever to fully decide not to continue the WGC fic anymore, I will at least do a plot write-up of what was to happen. There is still a lot my smaller cast has up their sleeves... And really, after all this time, I think that is the least our loyal fans deserve. However, I am not at that point just yet... However, there is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D to play...- X-Men - First Class
Considering how they are trying to keep close ties with the first 3 X-Men movies, any new characters that would appear, would need to not have had a cameo/part unless the movie timeline fit somewhat. Doesn't stop them from pulling characters that haven't yet appeared, out of random comic continuity though ( ie Havok), and that is still a VERY huge list.- [Artwork] Ultimus Bust
A bust and head shot of Ultimus, up close and in greater detail. One of the issues I've always had, was Ultimus head design. When he was first designed, the head was really tiny, and the details were really poorly done. My "GuyverC Generations" pic added some details... but I wasn't satisfied with it. However, my chibi Ultimus picture came after this, so there is a good reason why it looks more similar to this pic, than the older ones. I had finished the line art for this image years and years ago... I had also started coloring it, but I believe due to a hard drive crash, I lost the original file. Was looking through some old artwork today, and found the original line art... So I rescanned it, and threw some color onto it... really, really, really lazily.- X-Men - First Class
I have to say, I really liked the movie, and really, how they tried to tie it to the existing movies was pretty well done. There were a few things that didn't mesh with the continuity, but considering how good this movie was, I'd like this continuity to continue. AND, most importantly, that you can make a good X-Men movie, without Wolverine, About the only thing I didn't like was how they handled Havoks powers ( as he is one of my favorite Marvel Characters)... But after seeing how it all worked... I kind of gave up on complaining about that one. Here's to hoping for a sequel that actually uses these characters. What I'd really love is a trilogy that ends with moving into the first X-Men movie... Yes, kinda like Star Wars.- the price of figures
Paying $100+ for the figures nowadays is very very common. There is a few points to be aware of: 1. These started getting released around the time the new TV series was being aired. Some figures are already 5 years or more old. 2. Max Factory figures are already more expensive than other companies. The price range of the figures as they were released was something like $70-150 depending on the size of the figure. 3. They were limited production. Not in the terms of individually numbered figures, but once a figure was done being made, they stopped making them. The only 2 figures that had more made, were Guyver 3 ( glow in the dark blade gone, new materials) and the Guyver 1 1.5 version, with the extra head and hand to do the open mask pose. Trying to buy the figures now, means that they are no longer in production, and very limited. Thus, you are lucky if you can just find them. Worrying about the price comes later, after you figure out how badly you want them, or not.- Matt's Livestream Draw Monitor!
Yeah, I'm thinking of scheduling a regular "Doodle" Night as well as anytime I am working on a pic. Maybe Saturday or Sunday evenings... The only reason I say I will post here when I start drawing, is that inspiration can hit me at random times, and cannot be scheduled. - New ThunderCats