Everything posted by Matt Bellamy
-
HD 2D Guyver sprite.
I see that you used the Max Factory Guyver 1 figure as the basis for your sprite... Which is definitely a good thing! It'd certainly help with the posing for movement and attacks. I won't go too in depth with a critique... As mine can usually throw off a lot of young artists... But a few things I've noticed design wise: - Guyver 1 only has 4 armor plates on his stomach area. While the Max Factory figure makes it look like 6, the piece attached to the top of the torso under the megasmashers are for a visual trick for when the figures torso in leaned forward, to make it still look like it has 4, and the plates had bent with the torso. When his back is straightened however, the effect is thrown off by the extra pieces. It's a simple mistake that a LOT of artists have made since the release of the figure. - The legs are not the same length. The forward leg, mostly the boot, is stretched quite a bit longer than the back leg. A simple tool for helping that, is using your own fingers in a "pinch" pose. Take a brief measurement of one of the boots with your index and middle fingers, and then compare it to the other. It doesn't need to be exact measurement with a ruler of course, but it gives you a better idea... Because eyes are sometimes horrible at judging sizes. I agree with thickening up the lines as well, however, smoothing them out would also help tremendously. It's a small part you can do to make it look less like a flat image, and more like an image with some depth, and not so hard and jagged looking. I could whip up a description in photoshop of critiques... But as I said... I can be a bit harsh when I do that >_>
-
American Comics
We certainly shall see... He's gone quite insane by the end of Dark Reign. Time for a rant! Woooo! I'm a little pissed with Marvel at the moment, and DC has fallen into it's "Infinite" Universes so badly again that they will need to do another "Crisis" within a year or two ( and yes, they just did one a few years back) Granted... It's not a BAD thing what DC does... The idea behind "Crisis" is just getting old... And they don't seem to care. The biggest difference here is that when Marvel does a large crossover story, it's main series, like The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America etc... ALL get involved in one way or another. They all play a part of the larger storyline. What DC does when they have a large crossover, is that only specific books are involved, even though some of the effects are felt in ways after wards. Take Blackest Night for example... The two Green Lantern books shifted their focus to it, along with the 8 part Blackest Night books. But did Superman? No. Batman? Nope. Yet, the characters were involved in Blackest Night... As well as Aquaman and Martian Manhunter coming back... Both really have their ups and downs. When it's a good story arc, Marvel can do it right, and it's freaking awesome. But, while DC's may lack the overall "power" the Marvel crossovers do, they are able ( not often though) to do multiple good stories at once, without each effecting the other. Rant is going into spoiler mode as it's a rant with some spoilers... Though 5-6 year old spoilers, lol... *end rant* So yeah, I'm reading western comics. Ooooh the fanboy drama, lol. So far I'll be picking up some of the Heroic Age stuff... Avengers, Secret Avengers, Iron Man... While with DC I'm still reading Brightest Day, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Bruce Wayne Returns, and Red Robin ( Tim Drake/Wayne is awesome). And anytime a new issue of Atomic Robo comes out I am all over it.
-
Guyver Roleplay
Nope. Will never happen... Again... Long long ago, we did have an RPG forum, and due to many issues, which I will not go into, as it is long in the past, it was closed and eventually all posts removed. So sadly, we're not looking into that happening again.
-
Mantis Guyver Ver.2
Hahaha! See! I'm not just talking out of my ass! ...all the time... some of the time... probably never again... I actually know stuff! ...just not all that much... Anywho, small things... The head is a bit big, and round... Might be a style thing, or part of the design, but just something that jumps out at me. Plus, if you are going to go for long legs, you kind of have to go for all the limbs being long ( unless of course, again it's part of the character), as the arms look a bit shortish. The energy effects kind of blur the image a bit too much, but the actual energy ball looks great. Keep it up! Draw more! More! MORE! MOAR!!
-
Whoho!
Of course he does... He's a full blooded Irshmen, living in Ireland. He'd be filthy rich if it wasn't for the drink. Granted, that is incredibly common... I've known people who blow more than that in 2 weeks of eating out and partying on the weekends... AND it is only a Netbook.
-
Whoho!
I'm actually looking at one of these for next weekend... http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/P ... ME%29.aspx Though, I'm going to toss another gig of ram on it. Bought it this morning! Thought you couldn't afford one? ...Could it be possible that you've given up on beer for a week or two? ...Or maybe food...? Yeah, probably food. There is no way you'd give up your beer
-
Ultimus question
I know the answer to this, and it is: No Comment !
-
Great PS3 RPG's Coming Soon
This is exactly why my friends list is so small. =P I only play with my friends, because of the very fact of the online experience stereotype... I have lived it, and I shall never again subject my ears to that kind of crap. I may not play online that much, or get the coveted achievements... But if I can co-op play a game with a friend(s), it all makes up for it. Hell,the Halo series, Gears of War 1 and 2, Crackdown ( #2 coming soon! Wooo!), all very good games overall... But made only more awesome by Co-Oping with a pal or two ( or three =P) Having a friend HELP you is so much more rewarding them them trying to blow your ass up. I just hope finding a party in FF 14 won't be so frustrating...
-
GUYVER IS ON HULU!
Damned Hulu... Not available outside of the stupid US... Oh well, not like it matters... I own it on DVD, and once them Blurays come on out... I'll be gettings them too. And yes, nice to see some actiivity from you Will, was wondering if Chronos finally managed to silence you, or would that be Agito now... It's so hard to tell these days...
-
Next week (Sunday 21st)
*cough*
-
New Fanfic....
Topic Locked Sorry folks, topic was brought back up from the depths of 2006 by a spam bot. If the user Guyot is still here, and has written the fan fic, please start a new topic for it.
-
Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armor - Blu-Ray
Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armor the complete TV series has been announced for release on Blu-Ray disc, on June 22, 2010. I may already own it on DVD... But the Blu-Rays are tempting.
-
Evil-Fx on Deviantart (Bioweapons.com)
Looks like DA came through on the side of good! Account is now disabled.
-
Evil-Fx on Deviantart (Bioweapons.com)
Hey folks, this is NOT meant to be a smear campaign, or the go ahead to spam their Deviantart site (Please don't, Dave is having it handled on his own, and you may only hurt his case, along with your own accounts). However, the user account http://evilfx.deviantart.com despite being on there for over a year now, in indeed a false account, created by someone with a personal grudge against David Carpenter. I know a lot of us have fav'd the account, and this is why I brought it up. You see, the real David Carpenter, Evil-Fx, finally started his own account a few months back. The other day, I am sure the few of us who watch the "evilfx" page, noticed a journal go up, saying they are the "real Guyver", and that someone else is pretending to be them. I have confirmed with Dave, and the account under "evilfx" is indeed a fraud. David Carpenters real DA page is http://evil-fx.deviantart.com . Please note the dash between the "evil" and "fx". So, if you do have the old account fav'd, or the few images they did post fav'd, please remove them, and follow the man himself. Thanks Matt Bellamy/GuyverC
-
Great PS3 RPG's Coming Soon
I'm currently not sure with White Knight Chronicles... While it was supposed to be a PS3 launch game, the changes they made to make it online kind of dsiturb me a bit too much. The simple fact you have an "Avatar" character to play as, rather than someone actually involved in the story. But I love the armored knights designs, so I'll probably wait until after I read some of the reviews. Besides, I'll probably still be busy with Mass Effect 2 on my 360 ( damn release dates being so close!) Star Ocean I've not bothered with on the 360, and as my console of choice, I'll probably not get the PS3 version either. And as for Final Fantasy 13? I'm not impressed... But then I haven't been impressed by the last 2 or 3 non-MMO Final Fantasy's, so I will be skipping it. However, I am eagerly anticipating more info on FF14...
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Unless your a fan of thin plot lines forcing large busted, armored females to fight, and strip each other pretty much every episode... It's best you avoid it. Truthfully it was an H-Game that became too popular for it's own good, but was never hardcore, so they figured a very fan-servicey heavy show would work... And I guess it's fans followed because they have a PSP game that is coming, or is out now.
-
Seven Day's Part 7
Now, now, let's not get too carried away... Remember what his signature says… Pretty sure that speaks for him as well =P
-
Star's Guyver Page
japan-legend.com, of which I am also an admin, has up to date chapters of the manga, fully translated to English. They are also the only place to find them translated... So unless we get the raws ourselves and translate them, we will not be uploading Manga chapters. That would be entirely doable. I don't think it would be very frequent, as normally it'd probably only contain updates to the site, chapter information on new stuff... But then I have heard that the Imakarum figure from Max Factory is finally being released... So new news is coming... Pretty much a big no. The series is still being published by Funimation, and the new box sets are super cheap. If you want the 2005 series, please go buy it! As for the older series... Still probably not. You can find it on certain sites like that... you... tube... Probably fits more with the newsletter idea... But the option to buy from the site is probably not going to happen ( too much hassle) Definitely. The Manga, Out of Control, the 12 episode OAV and the 2005 TV series are all separate Guyver universe's. Each will receive it's own section. I don't know about the novels so much, as we don't really have much info on them... but at least the 2005 TV series added some of them to it.
-
Fan Fiction Poll'O'Rama
About 2-3 hours for the most part. Sometimes more if it's not a design I know very well, or is really complicated. Ok! =P
-
Fan Fiction Poll'O'Rama
Like this?
-
Fan Fiction Poll'O'Rama
Yeah, I keep on forgetting to sign my pics.
-
Fan Fiction Poll'O'Rama
Oooooh, I get to bust out our favorite line that I haven't used in a long time... No Comment
-
Fan Fiction Poll'O'Rama
Chibi Dreadnought has a question... Which of the listed update would you like to see the most?
-
Fallout 3
I was pretty disappointed with Mothership Zeta... But at the very least it's the only downloadable content that has a weapon I WANT to use. The Alien Disintegrator is one hell of a gun. And boy did you get a lot of ammo for it up there... AND spares for repairs. No to mention the clip size of 100 shot before reload, but fires with the speed and accuracy of the Plasma Rifle... But with uber power... And the fastest reload time of ALL Fallout 3 weapons. A little overkill yes, but wicked awesome with all the right perks. Point Lookout was better... But I wish it felt more like a side story, than just a bunch of smaller quests that kind of become tangled together. The double barrel shotgun is really useless if you have the Terrible, and the Lever-Action Rifle is cool, but I have plenty of .44 ammo for the Lincoln's Repeater. But shooting the mutated hillbillies was fun. Overall though, both were still more satisfying than Operation Anchorage... Mothership Zeta felt as big as The Pitt, and Point Lookout didn't "feel" as big as Broken Steel... But that's probably because I hadn't found everything in the Capital Wasteland at that point.
-
Fallout 3
I love the fact that this one actually seems to have a normal map, with locations to travel to, at your own leisure. The last 2 ( not including Broken Steel since it used the main map) felt far too linear, and really didn't capture the Fallout experience ( especially Operation Anchorage ) I always found Fallout 3 to be a very "dumbed down" version of Oblivion for the First Person Shooter crowd. Which suits me just fine. But lets not get off topic here, this is a Fallout 3 thread.