Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Bellamy

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matt Bellamy

  1. I wouldn't say that it would boost their intelligence, but it does seems to help them strategically with its multitude of senor abilities and its own basic instinct. For example, in the 2005 TV series, where Sho and Tetsuro are brought to the warehouse, and the gun accidentally goes off while aimed in Tetsuro's direction. The unit recognized the threat, towards Tetsuro, who is Sho's friend, and destroyed it. Sho wasn't in control of the situation, but the unit was able to react for him. I assume in some other cases, this might be how it taught Sho how to use it. Momentarily taking control of him in order to do something, or use a weapon that Sho does not know of yet. We do know the unit is alive, but seems to be more instinct, rather than sentience. I.E. Sense threat -> Destroy Threat using best ability available. Overkill guaranteed. For example, Megasmasher vs Vamore. Who could have just as easily been taken out by a quick head shot from the head beam. Finesse is not in the units strong point. Completely obliterating the threat certainly is. And it seems to try and react "In kind" depending on the threat. Like when the unit first bonds with Sho. All Gregore does it try grabbing it, and it responds by grabbing back. Then over powering. It could have easily fired off its head beam and finished Gregore off in an instant. Or with Synevite and using the HF swords. Melee vs Melee. So basically whenever Sho is against something that the unit can counter, and Sho doesn't know about, it'll probably just take over and do it, to protect itself and it's host, all the while showing the host a new ability. It probably played a big part in Sho using the Exceed as well. But as for making them more intelligent? Not necessarily. Does it make them more strategic? Mentally? Probably not. But it certainly helps in a lot of situations. Unless you count being tossed into a war with an international company who now controls the entire world, forcing them to learn how to survive, and create tactics to basically survive (and turns out, Sho is very adept at doing so!)
  2. Topic locked. There is no need to post or discuss this thread any further. And please leave any moderation to the site staff, who have already handled it.
  3. Here's the trailer right from Marvel's Youtube channel. Pretty awesome... And most likely the last trailer for it that I will watch. Already getting way too spoiled... http://youtu.be/JAUoeqvedMo My favorite part? The short showing of the new Iron Man armor. Pay attention to the right side of the screen when Thor says " Is that the best you can do?".
  4. I am going to guess that they are unlicensed... but still look pretty cool. You can see more of them at their facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/ksouldesigerstoy
  5. Well. Seems the Vimeo one is down again. As of this posting anyway.
  6. Awesome! Main post has been edited with the videos.
  7. Here's the facebook pages link: https://www.facebook.com/theadishankarbrand
  8. I doubt it would lead to a fight. More likely Sho would teleport in, and see Tetsuro and Mizuky are fine, and would probably lead to dialogue rather than fighting. It's not Sho's nature to just jump in, guns blazing. My guess, is we might get some truth about who Apollon is, and what his plans might be.
  9. Possibly both. We haven't seen Apollon yet back on the island. I wonder though... Would the amp in the wrist allow Sho to find the island? Could this be the start of an epic meeting and/or reveal?
  10. A short Fan Film by Adi Shankar. A darker, more serious Power Rangers. Please note that this is just a Fan Film, and is in no way associated with Saban or Power Rangers. There was a NSFW version on Vimeo, but was removed after a claim by Saban. The SFW Youtube version is however still available. Thoughts? Update: Saban has relented and allowed them to repost the videos. Vimeo (CAUTION NFSW) https://vimeo.com/120582004 Youtube (Still probably NSFW) http://youtu.be/vw5vcUPyL90 The video is also available on their facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/theadishankarbrand
  11. I wish Squenix would do a single player Final Fantasy based on Final Fantasy 14, or on Final Fantasy 14's setting. I've really disliked the move to more "Sci-fi" than actual "Fantasy" game. Steampunk/magic should be the highest form of technology... And only available to the badguys at best. Considering my favorite Final Fantasy is 4, you can see where my tastes in Final Fantasy come from.
  12. My family has always been a Coke family. My Dad refuses to drink anything but. Because of the upbringing, I prefer Coke, but will drink either.
  13. Most shows or manga are aimed at a High school, or older audiences who went to high school etc... Because they can feel that their readers can have a possible connection to the characters and/or setting, which makes them much more involved with the show, and more likely to like it.
  14. Let's see... What am I currently watching this season... Gundam Build Fighters Try - Definitely not as good as season 1... But has had its moments. Garo - Despite some issues with a character or two, its still keeping itself interesting. Aldnoah Zero Season 2 - Continueing from Season 1... Damn the space version of the Slepnir is sexy... Nanatsu No Taizai - Was reading the Manga. World Trigger - Was reading the mangas Next season looks like a large lack of mecha... But a few decent looking fantasy shows... Heroic Legend of Arslan - Another retelling of the older story... But this time the animation style is based on Fullmetal Alchemists artist ( who is doing the manga), so it should be worth checking out. Is it Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - I really never knew the title translated into that! Am reading the manga for it, and it is a nice little Fantasy adventure. I just hope they don't "over fanservice" it like some studios tend to do... Ninja Slayer from Animation - VERY stylized show... Whose style is best put as: "A Japanese novel trying to look like an American novel trying to look like a Japanese novel based on cyberpunk and martial arts OAVs from the '80s and '90s." Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Kind of disappointed that they are going to OAV route with it... But I guess we'll take what we can get. Suisei no Gargantia - In my mind, more Gargantia = Good, even if it is just OAV eps... An image of the upcoming season of anime has been included.
  15. It is very close to being in perfect scale with the old Guyver Gigantic... That's pretty sweet. I'd have to say, as an action figure, I prefer the Figma, only because of the advances Max Factory have made in the overall figure quality because of the Figma toyline. That being said, for accuracy, the old MF figure definitely looks better, and is a bigger figure... but is definitely more fragile feeling. It's a mixed bag for both really. IF I have to choose, I'd probably pick the older figure, simply because the Figma is a smaller, and reworked version of it... Which while is a better figure overall... Took too many liberties and just isn't as impressive as the old one as a single figure.
  16. I remember it was around 1993... I believe I was just entering the 7th grade... I had just moved ( we did that a lot sadly) and during this time I had only been watching TV based Anime... So Robotech, Dragonball, Dragonball Z... All of which I could tell were different than "normal" cartoons, and instantly became addicted to finding Anime looking video games, and scanning over those Anime ordering ads that gaming magazines had. At that point I was already drawing, and through drawing at school, I met my best friend, who was also drawing in the similar "anime" style. After a few months, a video store opened up in town ( we lived in a tiny town on the outskirts of a city)... And lo and behold, they had a bunch of anime. We rented something like 10 tapes, and decided to plow through them all. I can't remember all the ones we got, but the Guyver was the first 3, which was the first half of the OAV. And it was glorious. From the awesome opening, to the armor and monster designs... And naturally the bloody violence. So we started drawing Guyver related stuff. I must have rented those tapes well over a few hundred times. When the rental sales were going I'd rent 6 or 7 tapes... 3 of which were always the 3 guyver tapes ( I actually did not see the second half of the OAV until Manga video's release) At the time, we'd also do little comics based on whatever was our fancy at the time. While I was moving out of the drawing comics, I still had stories in my head... And once we got a computer (around 96-97) looked online for more. That was when I found the Warrior Guyver fanfiction... And well... The rest is kind of a slow history.
  17. The Naruto Manga is now officially complete, although it seems the next movie (which might not be 100% canon) could take it a little further. Very few series last as long as this, and are able to go out on such a high note and while still popular. What are your thoughts on the series? Over the years, I know for me that there were a few dry spells in the plot that, while I didn't drop it, I kind of ignored it/forgot about it for a few months. Only to come back and catch up all at once. (As a side note, I actively stopped watching the TV series when the "Young" Manga plot ended, before the "Shippuden" story started. I am not a fan of filler, and Naruto to me was notorious for making the filler feel like nothing in the previous season mattered, nor would anything he did in the filler matter later.) While the manga itself was always aimed towards a slightly younger audience, it very rarely ever felt actually "Kiddie" and got pretty dark and moody sometimes. Though sometimes it felt like it was holding your hand. The action, was always well done, and usually every year had at least one generally touching and/or legitimately great moment. Over the years, I think Naruto ( and most Shonen series) got a bad rap from other fanbases because of horrible fans. But like everything, there are always "bad fans". Naruto was just so popular that they were just greater in number, and louder, so they stuck out a lot more. Now that it is finished, I think it can give a lot of people who never read it due to popularity and such, a real opportunity to give it a chance. IF I had to put it on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a definite 7, maybe an 8. You could always count on it for some great action, and numerous very touching moments. I'll go into what I thought about the actual ending in a bit. Probably should do some work.
  18. I am laughing way too much at that. Good find sir. Well done.
  19. Yep. Added the official trailer to the first post, since Hydra leaked it. (or so Marvel claims!) Freaking Hulkbuster armor looks great Everything else? Freaking great.
  20. I apologize in advance if I sound rude or sounds like I am trying to attack you personally, which I am not, but I had to reply after reading your post. There is only one problem with your theory: Guyver is NOT "popular". It has fans yes, but no where near enough to be considered popular in any real way. But "we fans" are not to blame for Guyver's lack of popularity. And while, yes, fans do help a series stay active, it also helps for the creator to put out steady quality work for fans to get behind. Which is not happening. Shounen series like One Piece and Naruto keep their series exciting, which keeps fans coming back for more. You said it yourself, you are having a hard time keeping up with MONTHLY chapter releases, which only take a few minutes (or less -_-') to read. But there are people in your same situation who still keep up to date with WEEKLY anime and manga releases because they usually have something exciting keeping people coming back and making time for the release. If Guyver were as exciting as Naruto can be, you'd be here at LEAST once a month looking for a chapter update and some discussion. In the long run, the 2005 series was a huge disappointment financially, and a disappointment to a lot of fans of the original OAV's, which is where a lot of people remember the Guyver from. And unfortunately, for popularity sake, the 2005 TV series was a "Make it or break it" series. And it "broke it" as it were. As the story goes, ADV funded the 2005 tv series and got it off the ground. Why? Because their execs were probably all 30 something men who remembered how badass the first 6 episodes of the OAV were. The more they asked other 30 year old anime fans, the more people said " Yeah I remember that. It was badass." Didn't hurt that it had an anniversary coming up. But we all know how the 2005 TV series ended up: Decent, but not very memorable. Unlike the first 6 eps of the OAV (not to mention the badass opening theme) I'm trying not to repeat what has already been said, but unfortunately your theory of "We Fans" being the primary problem is completely untrue.
  21. I almost wish I bought a second Kirito... My Dark Repulsar was bent in the box, so I am only posing him with one sword... But I don't think I want to really worry about buying a second ( even though he is being re-released)
  22. I think Yuki covered most of my point. And by "True World Peace" I meant EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE being ok with EVERYONE EVERYWHERE. Not just stopping wars or killing. Killing will ALWAYS happen, as it is close to human nature. But a good lot of Wars throughout history have been started by Religion. Others by other means yes, But Religions HAVE caused wars, and will continue to do so. And Money is NOT the primary cause of everything either. As an example, tell that to the South Sudanese. A lot of their fighting and hate is tribal. They don't care about politics or money. There have been stories of people who have been decent friends for YEARS. People who have married people, only to find out that they are from the other tribe, and then KILLED them. (Again referencing from my friend at work) Even the more non violent religions still discriminate on some levels. No religion is perfect. Some are "nicer" than others, yes. But there will always be issues. And yes, I used the Republican party as an example, as the most vocal party members are down right ignorant and plain old stupid sometimes, only because they are so behind the current times, that the United States can`t get hardly anything done in congress ( and that is a fact that the current congress is one of the least productive congress ever). Not saying the Democrats are saints... They just tend to stay quieter, so there is less insanity to deal with. But remember. Freedom of speech is not freedom to not be criticized for your views. And I am not American, so I am not held by American law either way. I am sorry you felt insulted by my views, but views from people outside of the country you live in WILL be different. Misreading something and then basically calling someone something is another way conflict happens. See? Conflict. Not peace.
  23. I am not going to do a full rant, as Ryuki's original post pretty much covers part of it. But here's the funny thing. A lot of 30+ year old Anime fans in North America remember the Guyver. Why? The first half of the OAV. And that was mainly due to the amount of blood and gore. This is why ADV touted the 2005 series as the "New Face of Ultra Violence". Guyver WOULD be more fondly remembered if it were something that was still known for tons of blood and gore ( like how Attack on Titan is so popular ). Guyvers general premise is fine... But is SO old that it has been done over and over again. Both in animation and tokusatsu. And it only seems to get a break in terms of publication because of how long it has been running. Readers don't care though. If they pick it up now and see how old it FEELS, they will drop it. They don't care for the intricacies of the plot that we've got to know, because they aren't going to bother reading too far into the series to even care. Now, if the manga was more like the OAV and was a lot bloodier, it probably would be more well known over the years... But due to it's age and content... It's only really average. Less than if you count how often and how much it gets updated. I will admit, it was the first 6 episodes on the OAV that got me into Guyver... but I BET I wouldn't even be in this community if I hadn't started doing fan fiction back then. Now of course I still want more, but it is certainly disheartening as a fan when it seems it'll only end when the creator dies. Berserk is another series I read that has the same release issues... But at least it is consistently 20-22 pages each chapter. None of this 10-16 page crap that we get with the Guyver,
  24. I am buying a Wii U for this game. It's what finally pushed the need to buy one over the edge for me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.