New Chapter status?

jerrygoodman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it doesnt look promising, does it! i hope it means he's busy clearing his schedule so he can concentrate or that he has other guyver related projects popping up that need his attention. it s a shame hes not on facebook or instagram or something!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I have to mark spoilers or not, better to be safe. 

Anyway yeah it seems like the author is trying to speed things up taking out two zoalords in one fight. Just curious if there is any indication when the next volume will be released or is the series on hiatus at the moment?

well, fingers crossed everyone that my guess that maybe the last few chapters to finish off this volume will be packaged with g2f. in the form of a complete tank.

just makes sense to me as the last chapter to complete a volume is normally released around sept-nov.........i don't know,........just wishful thinking on my part.

• 3 weeks later...

:g1 Wow, even the old emoticons are gone. It's sad to see that there is no new chapter as of November. I sure hope we get some news in the near future. Anything would do, just as long as it gave us an inkling as to what to expect and when. I'm a huge fan and have been since the beginning. This is my favorite manga and I hope it doesn't go away like this... :g2 

• Like 1

This isn't the first time he took a break, though it was rather strange the way it happened (as in were expecting a chapter but none happened).

Hopefully in the new year we'll hear something new. At the moment it's an interesting time for Guyver with 2 companies producing model kits. The latter in extreame detail, makes me wonder if Takaya is working on this project in someway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 9:30 PM, Sully said:

This isn't the first time he took a break, though it was rather strange the way it happened (as in were expecting a chapter but none happened).

Hopefully in the new year we'll hear something new. At the moment it's an interesting time for Guyver with 2 companies producing model kits. The latter in extreame detail, makes me wonder if Takaya is working on this project in someway.

I know this will make me sound like a whinging old man but I really wished they would stop making these damn figures. They have all of eternity to make these, the mangaka on the other hand could die at any moment from bad health/ sudden earthquake etc. I'm not over exaggerating here, just being real. He needs to focus on the manga, like he said in that interview, and stop using looking over lumps of plastic as an excuse. I keep seeing some AMAZING fan stuff on the facebook fan page and every time my heart just sinks. He has incredible fans but my word does he take the piss out of them with these 8 month (and counting) hiatuses. It's really not cool and I simply refuse to believe he's "busy" with making the figures. he has 10 pages to draw a month that's it. If Yudetamago can release 20 pages a week AND pump out action figures on a monthly basis, what excuse does he have? Zero, that's what. 

Rant over. Have a bloody lovely xmas btw you awesome bastards!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gazham said:

It is frustrating. If only we had some information to make the wait more pleasant!

That's kinda another thing that bugs me. In the age of Facebook, Twitter, etc mangaka these days are very easily able to, and do, communicate with their fans on a regular basis. But this guy doesn't even have a website! Don't get me wrong, it's kinda endearing in some ways but with his infinitely patient fanbase being kept in the dark coupled with his appalling work ethic when it comes to drawing the manga that made him successful, he really needs to at least get his ass into the 21st century and give his fans somewhere where people can at least a simple message from him like "Thanks as always for the incredible support, Guyver will be back in a short while, thanks for hanging in there". It's not asking a lot and he of all people should understand the social etiquette required of a man in his position. This isn't the reclusive 80s anymore. Manga artists know that. He does too but he's being very stubborn about it. 

Btw, just to clarify, I LOVE his work. Rarely do I dig on his work. It's just his professionalism that bothers me before anybody jumps on me and calls me an entitled, whiny git! Hahaha

• Like 1