Everything posted by durendal
-
Do you often make friends on forums?
Define friends? There are friends that you talk a lot with, and there are friends that stab you in the back. On my perspective of the subject, anyone that I've had a considerable and amicable conversation with is considered a friend or an acquaintance. Of course there are levels to friendship that rates proportionately to the levels of trust.
-
Racism and Hypocrisy
Kidding aside, the main cause of racism is fear. And fear is a natural trait of any human being. What is it they're afraid of? It's basically the lack of knowledge. They don't understand how other person feels because they can't see through the color of one's skin. I do not like to make sweeping attacks, but there is a majority of people who know nothing except what other people or media feed them. I'm not sure if historical data are accurate since it's the dominating faction that decides what becomes of history, but based on what is recorded, there has been a number of untoward incidences involving the minority and it was sensationalized. If there is anything to blame, it is the society who is at fault. I'm not justifying their actions. I'm merely saying that these people do not have enough self awareness that they need to rely on other people to tell them what to believe. (Rather, it's a politer way of saying they're stupid.)
- Racism and Hypocrisy
-
How many forums do you visit?
Hard to believe as it sounds, but this is currently the only forum I visit. I've shied away from visiting the other forums as there are way too many jerks around. I like it here, it's nice and quiet.
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Also catching up on Valvrave the Liberator. Chanced this on Animax while traveling and was intrigued by it. I wonder why I didn't pick it up when it was still airing. It has all the signs that I liked in a mecha anime.
- Regarding the scanslations
-
Regarding the scanslations
Ok, let me see if this can clarify a few things. Those working on the monthly chapters are totally different from the ones doing the tank scans. Personally, I think redoing the monthly chapters into the tank scans is a waste of time. The only thing that these two have in common is that they are using the same script. I don't think there is a need to prioritize the tank scans since they are basically the monthly chapters. There's no point for me checking for my own translation in the tank scans now, is there? As for the monthly chapters, I think there's only the December chapter left untranslated. Why? Because I'm a lazy person, and it's a pain in the @$$ to translate from chinese. I'll probably get around to working on it when I'm less busy with work. Besides, having it translated doesn't mean the scans will be available. Someone else has to put the dialogue into the actual pages.
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Added Gundam Build Fighter Try to the list as well as Reconguista in G or whatever it's called. I prefer the Try Fighters.
-
Naruto - Final Thoughts
It's not an epic or a disappointing ending. It's just "Meh" for me. Probably because all the people who ended up together were the people I expected to end up together. In a way, Kishimoto has a somewhat predictable story-telling style, for Naruto at least.
-
outlets for discussion and safety online
Well, there is one philosophy everyone should live by when using the net. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Online makes a lot of things easy, which is why it also makes it easier to do bad stuff. And the way I see it, anything bad that happens to anyone online are usually the result of their own actions. Take the celebrity photo leak for example. Why would you want to store compromising pictures of yourself online? People has to remember that storing your information on the cloud is like placing it on a computer someplace else, where somebody else would be able to have access to it. One thing any person should remember that the internet should not be ruling their lives. Back in the days, we don't have internet to waste our lives away. Heck, we don't even have cell phones. We communicate via good old telephone. And playing usually means going outside with a friend and doing stuffs together.
-
guyver extra pages from last chapter
Highly doubtful. Despite her sparing aptom, she was still smug about it. But then again, who knows. Those who really hate each other from the start end up being close together.
-
outlets for discussion and safety online
Some fat old man has some feelings too you know? Although pretending to be a cute girl is kinda sick. There are ways to go about this without being too insulting. Like Aether said, there's a more subtle way of confirming the identify on the other end. You just have to be smooth about it. The internet is a convenient way to express yourself but remain anonymous. In a way, it's the outlet to express how one feels inside without the backlash of society. As for me, I don't trust the internet. Sure, we have a few laughs. But if we are talking serious, there is a need for me to see you face to face. I happen to be good at reading people, I just can't do it online. Oh yeah, and stalkers. That's a scary thought. It's the reason I don't have an online presence on any social media. Google my name and results show zero.
-
guyver extra pages from last chapter
Because she realized Aptom saved her posterior once.
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Not really, Akame ga Kill is basically about a country boy wanting to make it big in the capital. Chance encounters made him decide to join the assassin group, where he gets the idea of killing for justice. It has some light comedy, and the violence is somewhat toned down. But it does involve a lot of death considering their profession being assassins. It's not ultra violent like Attack on Titan, and it's not so cutesy like countless other harem anime. It's also not dead serious like death note. The premise also involves imperial arms. Weapons that have special abilities.
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Fairy Tale has a fairly good story and strong characters. Erza particularly is one of my favorite characters. You have to admire her fighting strength to the point where sometimes I'm beginning to think that she's the Deus Ex machina. I've never seen her lose a fight. Ever. Additionally, I'm currently watching Akame Ga Kill. The atmosphere seems light but it's about assassins so expect a lot of killing. Didn't expect to like it much, but I'm already reading the Manga just to find out what happens next. Although the concept seems formulaic, it's interesting to see how the characters interact.
-
Automotive thread.
Ok, hope you don't mind me asking another question. For the same model of a car, what engine variant would you choose, the diesel or the gasoline? Over here, diesel cost a lot less than gasoline, but based on my understanding, diesel engine needs a lot more maintenance compared to gasoline engines.
-
What do you eat? and how to make it.
Ugh. Bacon and butter. Although I'm sure that tastes very well, I don't think I have the heart to eat that. I'm a stranger to the fascination of Americans have towards bacon. I guess I never really liked bacon that much. It's just too oily for me. I have always been partial to dimsums. And to this day, I still pride myself having the best chives dumpling in town. I'd make a business out of it if I had the spare time.
-
need help buying from china /japanese website
It says that the accepted forms of payments are credit card and some other local payment system. The only way that you can get this is through a credit card. You'll have to find someone who's willing to lend you their credit card.
-
SUPER SENTAI !
Personally I like Bioman, though not sure if it counts as part of the Sentai line up since it's not part of the "Ranger" groups. How often do you see a main member die in the middle of the series? Maskman also comes as a second favorite.
-
need help buying from china /japanese website
I'll be in China tomorrow, but I'll be constantly moving so not sure how I can help you.
-
If X-Day happened in the Marvel Universe...
What makes you think that this hasn't already happened? We have Civil War. We have Age of Apocalypse. We have House of M. Heck, we even have Age of Ultron. That's probably what Marvel Earth would look like if X-day ever did happen.
-
What do you eat? and how to make it.
Cabbage. For Salad? Have you tried mixing mayonaise, ketchup and small doses of sugar? I think that's what other people would call Thousand Island Dressing. That might help bring out the Paprika flavor. I don't think you would get the full flavor of Paprika if you only mix it with oil and vinegar. It's supposed to be a spice and not meant to be used as the sole flavor of the food.
-
Automotive thread.
Okay, you've convinced me to rethink my decision. I'm going to go for the Chevy. But I've also looked at the Chevy Orlando, and it's definitely a level up from the Spin. Although it's a lot more expensive. I'm currently weighing my options if the benefits of the Orlando outweighs the lesser cost of the Spin. Additionally, I've been hearing a lot of issues on the side of General Motors regarding their ignition switch. Do you think it's still wise to buy a Chevy knowing the recall issues by GM?
-
What do you eat? and how to make it.
Not old moldy eggs, they just don't have enough sunlight on them. Century eggs are made by a mixture of salt and lime, wrapping them up for 4 to 5 weeks thus creating a chemical reaction turning the eggs dark green with a creamy consistency. Additionally, when making congee, you also need to have the right kind of rice. With different kind of rice resulting in different kind of congee. Normally you use long grain rice or jasmine rice. And yes, we also eat sausages for breakfast. Sausage with eggs and muffin, what we normally call an English Breakfast. Although I'm not sure if an English breakfast does indeed include sausage, eggs or muffin.
-
What do you eat? and how to make it.
Over Easy eggs - Similar to sunny side up, where you can see the yolk on top, but the yolk is still watery. Also, congee? It's the Chinese version of porridge. Except that it adds a variety of tastes. It's traditionally mixed with century eggs. Ooh! Centrury eggs. Try eating a century egg and then immediately drink soda. Any kind of soda. Tell us how you like the experience. Hehehehe!