Everything posted by durendal
-
Why I have some issues with Tony Stark
Perhaps Captain America:Civil War can show us that.
-
Black Widow and Hawkeye: Worst Avengers?
I think the catch phrase there is "variant". They were never able to duplicate the super soldier serum, which makes Captain America unique (or so they claim), It might be similar to the infinity formula of Nick Fury (but after original sin, I'm having doubts about the existence of the Infinity Formula). It's probably to keep her youth, but not maximize her capabilities to that of a peak human like that of Steve Rogers. Besides, even with the super soldier serum, they are still considered relatively human, meaning what they do can be replicated by any normal human.
-
Hey look and check it out!
Yup. Hot Toys. Expect the best details from them. You just have to love the Hulk figure from Hot Toys. It's huge. But yeah, all the avengers (actually, all the movie toys) that Hot Toys do is pretty damn accurate. They definitely deserve the name Hot Toys.
-
Black Widow and Hawkeye: Worst Avengers?
Black Widow and Hawkeye? You mean these guys?
-
Why I have some issues with Tony Stark
With the Secret Wars, maybe there's hope yet for Stark. Since we've seen the end of the Ultimate universe, perhaps after battle world, Superior Iron Man will be replaced by Ultimate Iron Man as the main Iron Man. Well, I've not read much of the Ultimates, but I've heard people praising it.
-
A Game of Thrones
I'm looking forward to the walk of shame. if they'll have it.
-
Im baaack
Dude!! That was the reason you got recalled? That's gotta suckl. Well, now hopefully you get to stick around for good.
-
How Often Do You Work Out?
I know exactly how you feel. Our weekly routine run with my jog buddies turn out to be a food fest after we run. After running a half marathon, we would pig ourselves out at the nearest mcdonalds.
-
How do you like your steak cooked?
I think you left out option of medium well. It's cooked well-done, but not charred that it's still soft and squishy, but not bloody. Before I used to like this method. (the well-done that I know is charred black) But after tasting real steak while I was in Indianapolis, I'm now a firm believer in medium rare. It's tender and juicy, that's how I liked my filet mignon.
-
Konami Gaming Controversy.
Oh, this drama again? When would this issue with Kojima ever end? It seems like Konami is flip-flopping with their decision. I've read that they are going to concentrate on making games for mobile, but then again, they promised they will release MGSV. Then Kojima's name keep popping in and out of all MGS related materials. So there definitely seems to be internal strife within the company.
-
Game and console breaking.
I broke my PSone once for playing too much of it. I actually own 2 PSone. My first one was so broken beyond repair that I had to buy a new one.
-
Researching a game before you buy it?
I've never bought a game that I didn't like. Never done much research either. I'm normally the last one to buy a game, so when I have friends playing a specific game, I try it and if I like it, I buy it. If I can wait, I'll just borrow it when they're done. Besides, my standards are pretty much very low when it comes to games. Normally when I see the name Final Fantasy in it, I'll buy it immediately without any research. Heck I had 2 copies of Final Fantasy 8 and 9, one in english and one in Japanese.
-
Do you use cheats?
Thinking about it now, I don't think I've ever cheated on a console game. I remember playing Metal Gear Solid on Hard on my first run. Didn't cheat on it but persevered with it, repeated specific scenarios countless time, but in the end, I managed to finish it without cheating. Now for online games, would you consider botting as cheating. The only time that I've done this is with Ragnarok Online. It literally took me years before I reached level 99 manually, so I booted for my other characters. Granted, I never botted my main account, I bot only on my side accounts to get items and money. Besides, 90% of the players are botting on the server I played so guess it doesn't matter.
- Physical or Digital Copy?
-
What browser do you use?
Back in the 90's, Netscape was king. Then I gradually shifted between IE and Firefox. When Chrome came out, I shifted to Chrome due to it's ease of use and it being bare bones. With an old computer you would understand how a basic interface without any addons are a godsend. then I've noticed severe slowdown with Chrome with the unwarranted updates. Now I'm back to Firefox as my browser of choice becuase it's a lot faster on an old slow computer.
-
A Game of Thrones
I think all the anger was from the fans of the book. Just because what happened wasn't how it was exactly described in the books means its bad. I myself just felt bad for Sansa. It would have been bearable if Theon wasn't there. But he had to watch. Now I'm hoping that this act will snap Theon back to his senses. Now as for Arya, I'm a bit disappointed at how slow the pace of her training was going. She didn't even learn the Bravosi language, or at least gave a hint on how to play the game of many faces. I'm still trying to figure out how Arya could become a bad@ss with the way things are going right now.
-
How Often Do You Work Out?
I don't go to the Gym, but I normally run at least 5km every weekend. If I'm with my jog buddies, we normally do around 10 to 15k. Used to do it every other day, but didn't have the luxury of time to do it anymore. I don't run just because it is trending. I run because I enjoy it. I was actually running even before Marathon started becoming popular here. There was a time where I used to run when I go home from the office. I normally do it once a week when I can't drive my car (coding scheme which prohibits cars on the road with a specific plate ending number on a specific day) I used to go to the Gym, but didn't think paying a monthly fee was worth it so I stopped.
-
Have you ever broken any bones?
Never experienced one, but have experienced a dislocated joint. I can't Imagine how Anderson Silva felt when he kicked his opponent and his shin just broke in the worst way possible. *cringe*
-
Super Girl- New TV 2015 Series
So I heard that this will lean more towards the romcom genre....
-
Could this be a problem?
LOL. So I live somewhere else but don't know where. Mighty brave of Yuki to indulge the troll. Anyway, internet really has spoiled people. Back in the day, we buy the comics if we want to read it, regardless if it was in English or not. They do know the difference between a right and a privilege right? Given his logic, that makes all the people in Japan Derps because apparently they are paying for something free? I guess a lot of people have no idea what copyright infringement is. Damn you internet, you have ruined us!!
-
How many hours a week do you spend gaming?
Does this only count console and PC games? Or does it include mobile games as well? I imagine I spend a lot more time playing mobile games than PC games. Console games not anymore since I don't get to use the TV much.
-
Captain America 3 - Civil War
Well, for me, I think that even though there would be a multitude of actors portraying counts of characters, the story and focus will center around Captain America. In a sense, the producers want you to root for Captain America. Besides, if they are really going to follow the comics route, why not give Steve Rogers a break since this might be his last feature movie. The funeral scene really worries me.
-
A Game of Thrones
After the recent episode, it looks like the show has been combining other subplots into one. One thing I noticed that with the likely omission of Aegon Targaryen, Jon Connington's role has been combined with that of Jorah Mormont. Also, looks like we should be careful of how much we like or dislike a certain character. The more we like the character, the higher the chance of said character dying.
-
Jackman Confirms Wolverine 3 is His Final One
Even if Hugh Jackman gets old, he can still do one more for an Old Man Logan movie.
-
Daredevil (2015)
Very nice series. Lot's of easter eggs. I've read that a second season has been green lit. And Charlie Cox is contractually obligated to appear in the movies if required. I'm really hoping that they do the born again story line. It's definitely good to be a comic book fan today.