Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Bellamy

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matt Bellamy

  1. Any change, no matter how small, has geometrically increasing ripple effects. And to even suggest that World War I and all the horror that flowed directly from it (Including, but not limited to, the Spanish Flu pandemic, the Russian revolution, Stalin's regime, the rise of Communism in Europe, the second world war, the Chinese revolution, the rise of Communism in Asia, the cold war, the nuclear arms race, the rise of the military-industrial complex, the wars in Korea, Viet Nam and Central America, the Kim dynasty in North Korea, the occupation of Afghanistan, the ethnic wars in the Balkan, and ultimately even the war on terrorism, all with a total body count I can't even begin to estimate) were a price worth paying for the progress that followed from it - a questionable notion in any case - seems very cynical to me. But here's the thing: You wouldn't know what would happen. Leaving something like that up to chance is just something I could not live with. I am a personal believer that the only way to improve is to look to the future and plan for better. I can do this because of the mistakes that have already happened. In the case of changing a major political event like World War 1, you wouldn't know what would happen, You would just assume that "Everything will be better" (again, selfishly). What if it is not? What if it turns out to be even worse? Would that not make you the biggest war criminal ever? Sure, as said, there is a chance it could turn out for the better... But leaving something that big to chance isn't something I don't think I should personally make. Kudos to you if you have the fortitude to attempt and accept responsibility for such a thing. But that fact everyone assumes that it would be better, is false. There are always an equal (of infinite) amount of chances that it could turn out for the worse. And if it turns out worse, and you "write yourself out of existence", everyone in the world has to live with YOUR choice, because you assumed it would be better.
  2. True world peace will never happen so long as religion and shitty politics exist. It's just a fact. The majority of fighting going on in the world at the moment is all either: Religion based - people bred to hate another religion or tribe. They are told so from a very early age that this is how it is. And sometimes no matter how much schooling they may get, that is a part of their life and culture. And I am not even talking about child soldiers. There are people in this world. Educated people. That still hate due to their religion. They don't fight for personal gain. They fight to wipe out their opposing side. I work with a former South Sudanese child soldier, and he was able to adjust away from that. But some are just unwilling to change And what the worst part is, the majority of these people don't fight, but they protest or make their voices heard elsewhere. That is still wrong (re: the majority of the US Republican party for one) Political Based - Government or people who are power hungry. Al we have to do is look at Putin right now, or any communist nations still in existence. All they want is to control their people. They don't care what religion, what sex, or what your skin type is. If you are living in their country, they want you to follow their rules. And sometimes that can lead to uprisings and ultimately war. Some people say that we need a similar situation to what happen in Star Trek. Have an Alien race visit ours and "show us the way". Well, what they forget is, they had already fought World War 3, and by that time the world population was scattered and small. And I would rather not have to go through that for peace.
  3. Only things that would have to do with my life. And only on the smallest scale possible to live a better life, but not make any impacts to society. While it might be noble to assume stopping a war would benefit humanity or such, changing big moments in history can have devastating affects on the present. For example, the amount of technology that has come out of Wars is staggering. If the Wars never happened, we probably would be no where near where we are now in terms of technology. As well, say you saved all those people who died of the Black Plague way back then. Due to the amount of people who lived, could change your friends, family or your own existence from ever happening. If by some chance I was immune to the effects of time travel ( ie I would still live even if my changes caused my parents to never meet) I don't think I could live with that. In other words, it is just selfish to go change other peoples past actions because YOU think it is right. Yes, some smaller ones might have smaller effects, but doing so could cripple the rest of the current society. Which despite the issues we do have, we actually have it pretty good.
  4. Let's see... actually watched/watching a few this year. The number of mecha series was definitely up from previous years. Watching: Argevollen M3 Captain Earth Aldnoah.Zero Sword Art Online 2 Majin Bone Finished: Gundam Build Fighters ( second season coming! Wooo!) Kenzen Robo Daimidaler Nobunaga The Fool Gundam Unicorn There is one other mecha show this season... Knights of Sidonia... But after reading a bit of the manga, I wasn't liking it much... But then they chose the horrible animation style and that sealed the deal there.
  5. At this point I will not believe the "November 2014" release date until I see it go up for preorder. Especially since the figure that was shown beside the Guyver shots, comes out in later October, and has been up for Preorder since last month. Not to mention there are figmas coming out later than Nov 2014 that are already up for preorder. It's just odd that NO site has it up for preorder yet.
  6. I've put in over 200 hours in 2 characters on Dark Souls 2, and over 100 on one character in Dark Souls. I'm actually 3 magics away from completing 100% of the current X-Box achievements for Dark Souls 2( and I've just been lazy about getting around to it). It's been ages since I played Dark Souls, but in Dark Souls 2 I have a Knight and a Sorcerer. My Knight is a tank, and is great at taking hits, and giving pot shots whenever he can. Usually use a variety of swords and a shield. My Sorcerer can use all Sorceries, Miracles and Hexes ( and of course Pyromancy, but that doesn't require stats) and is a DPS machine of destruction. I found DS2 to be incredibly more easier if you focus'd on 2 of the 3 standard MMO job roles: Tank or DPS ( since healing is mostly only solo, you can't really be an effective group healer). Also helps there are more NPC's companions this time around, as well as easier friend pairing up. I ran through Normal mostly solo, then my friend and I literally plowed our way through NG+. He tanked, while I did DPS. Was sooo easy. I really disliked when I'd summon or get summoned by people as my mage, who were in heavy armor with a big shield... And then they try and long range DPS... But my Sorcerer's stats being geared towards magic power, I'd pull all the aggro. Gotta know your role in combat. Thankfully I carry a 100% physical damage resistant shield on him as well, just in case. Praise the sun!
  7. Topic locked. Please do not revive long dead topics with an off topic question. If you would like to start a topic regarding information or question about Fallout 4, please make a new topic. And so far Fallout 4 has not been announced. Only rumors driven by fan speculation.
  8. Saw the movie a few days ago, and had finished the manga a little before. Both have their charms, but overall I say I liked the movie better. What the similarities they have are actually a shorter list of the things that changed between the two. And that is the looping of people itself. Most everything else is changed or altered is someway. Which I think is good. Keep the core concept and let the technology, acting and money adjust what can and cannot be done.
  9. The Gigantic would probably reject Aptom, similar to how the Guyver armor would probably reject Aptom if he was simply covering Sho. Thecontrol medal is a bit of a dick that way. What you seem to not realize, is that Aptom was only covering Guyver 1 like a Coat. Guyver 1 gained no new powers. Aptom gained no new powers. They just looked mighty cool. So if Aptom did or was able to cover the Gigantic, other than possibly looking cool, the Gigantic would not gain any new powers, nor would Aptom. Aptom would just be able to use his current powers to conceal the Gigantic, freeze things, or provide fire support from beams and missiles.
  10. I am guessing the reason Apollon attacked the Ark is that some Chronos employees probably knew about where the Crystals were, and he simply used that information that he probably stole telepathically. Caerleon was probably just there at the wrong time. The two rogue Zoalords have probably hidden themselves very well, and very few, if any, know of their whereabouts. Might be why Apollon is going after Guyot, since they helped Guyot out. Probably going after him for information on their location so he can get their crystals. As for why he wants the crystals? Well, if it is Murakami, he could be collecting them to create new, more loyal Zoalords? As it's been proven already that a few have had their own agendas, and might not go along with Archanphel's plans, no matter how loyal they seem. And while Archanphel can intimidate them, his injuries are catching up to him, and he may not be able to command that kind of power next time.
  11. Because Iron Man is awesome. If it wasn't for Iron Man, we wouldn't have the Marvel Cinematic Universe as it is now. Seriously though, now that they have settled on Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, we'll hopefully see a Hulk movie in Phase 3. Especially since in recent interviews, he noted that his role in Age of Ultron is bigger and more complex. That could get people really excited for more Hulk... Despite that fact he HAS technically had 2 movies already... But since both were origin films, I would like to see a different plot line that isn't bogged down by origins.
  12. Yep. Which is why an Iron Man 4 COULD be possible, as RDJ would still be involved with Marvel and Disney. They could try and coax him to do a forth solo. That or some cameo's for RDJ in Phase 3, and ending his role as Tony after Avengers 3. Thankfully Chris Evans still has 1 more Captain America movie after all this as well. Good point to leave off on and get Buck properly in.
  13. Nothing has been said regarding a 4th Iron Man at all. It would probably be a no brainer, considering how much Iron Man 3 made, and the fact the RDJ is probably the most iconic and stand out performance from all the Marvel movies. It was rumored before Iron Man 3 that RDJ was not really expecting to do many more, possibly with the exception of a few cameos... but Iron Man 3 hit big. I am sure Disney is going to throw as much money as it takes to get him back for another. But then again, I guess we need to see how Avengers: Age of Ultron goes first. I'd personally be ok if they called it at 3... They ended his personal stuff pretty well, and with the Avengers we will still see more of him. However, as an Iron Man fanboy, I'd still love to see another solo outing, just so long as its a good story.
  14. I freaking loved this. They found the perfect Guy for Ken, and Ryu was also really good. Yeah, the acting was a bit amateurish, but still well enough done to be great overall. If they cut this together for a DVD release, I am totally buying it.
  15. I went ahead and just made it an actual poll. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. Anywho, my vote is for Imakarum. I honestly think the evidence stands for itself.
  16. I think the question as to whether or not he is or is not an "Agent of the Creators" has been put into question many times before. Including the fact that he has "borrowed" Tetsuro and Mizuky previously, and has Archanphel in a human house. As such, why is he taking care of Archanphel, one who the creators injured and abandoned? The only one who knows where Archanphel is, and cares for him is: Your Answer. Yes, it IS still just speculation until Takaya shows us the truth, but the evidence just piles up more and more.
  17. That's pretty much the truth. And the "Problem" that DC tends to have. This article brings up what "The Problem" DC Comics has. http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-marvel-golden-age-silver-age-comics-history/ Although the previous article explains a bit more about the core differences between Marvel and DC http://comicsalliance.com/superman-characters-marvel-universe-ask-chris-171/ Essentially, DC is stuck in the 50's with their original character ideas. Marvel's main characters are much more grounded, while DC's are more "Elemental" in a sense. They are usually "Too Perfect" archetypes. It was part of the time of which they were created to be true. And sure they have gotten more depth over the years, but the same old ideas still haunt their characters. Which is also one of the reasons why early predictions are guessing that while we assume that a Justice League movie might have some cool stuff... It just won't hit as well as The Avengers and their cast. Just like Man of Steel. They really did not make you care much about anybody in that movie. But almost everyone walked out of Iron Man and Captain America liking the individual characters.
  18. I've never been a DC reader, and mainly a Marvel one. Some Superman, Batman and Green Lantern here and there. But not much. ( though i did get a trade of Flashpoint. That was good. The animated version... not so much) I remember the one event that brought me heavily into comics long long ago: The Age of Apocalypse. Made me want every single issue of every single title that was involved. At this point I knew about a lot of the Marvel characters, and seeing them flipped was fun. Marvel had a few events after that, but was only until Annihilation started that I started to really enjoy Marvels "Yearly" events. Conquest was ok, War of Kings was bleh, and Thanos Imperative was pretty cool. Killed my favorite character, but cool. About this time, Civil War also started. Then Secret Invasion. Then Dark Reign, Seige and Heroic Age. I stopped at Heroic Age as by this time I was getting sick of the main heroes. Which is good because from what I read about them, Fear Itself, Avengers Vs X-Men, Age of Ultron and Infinity were garbage. (especially Age of Ultron and Infinity. Sure Ultron has been killed and revived before, but Thanos? He was kind of sealed in the cancerverse with StarLord and Nova... Starlord is also back, but not Nova? Bastards.) And since Marvel has now retconned one of my favorite story lines from the past decade, I am once again not caring about their comics. Petty? Perhaps. But again, from what I hear from people with similar tastes... I aint missing anything.
  19. There were issues licensing the Openings for Zeta. Heck, there were subtitling issues too, until they released the second version of the English release. But my original Box Set has what is described as "Dub Titles" As for Zeta itself... I couldn't stand it. I think it was too dark, and Kamille was a brat for pretty much most of the series. I just could not stand him. Some of the best UC Mobile Suit designs did come from it though. Nah, he's just some super hacker who still decides to post here after we banned his account. We just hope he doesn't take the site down, and break into our bank accounts. Or not. I was up at 2:30am this morning playing Dark Souls 2... My brain isn't working very well. But I am pretty sure that is accurate. Or not.
  20. Judging solely on the fact of the breathers on the face-plate, and how we have seen them operate, I would assume that they might be able to survive for a limited time in space, but like humans, they probably require oxygen to survive indefinitely. The extremes in temperature probably would not be too much of a problem, considering what we've seen the Guyver survive in battles. While it is unknown if they gravity controller would work in a zero-g environment is another question. How can you manipulate gravity, if there is none? It is also unknown if the Guyvers weapons require oxygen to operate. Just like fire needs oxygen to burn, does the head beam need oxygen to work? Mega-smasher? Will the Sonic busters work at all if there is no sound? Sooo many variables.
  21. Yay for movie posters! You get to see the "Guardians" uniform. Unfortunately they are all red, instead of the blue with red... But that might be a little too close the Captain America in this one. Or the alternate version of the poster...
  22. I never actually cared for FFX at all... (then obviously never bothered with X-2) The only part I did like was Blitzball. I so badly wanted them to make a blitzball spin off game. That would have been amazing. And I usually don't like sports games.
  23. Topic Merged. It's the unfortunate side effect from being a reboot of something a lot of people consider a classic. As, even if you exclude the subtext of the movie, the original is still a fun, over the top 80's action flick. The new Robocop is something more along the lines of normal action movies today, and actually scored fairly well on rotten tomatoes for what it was. At 49% (88 positive to 92 negative) and an average rating of 5.5/10. It's exactly what is it. Average. Nothing special overall. A lot of people liked it. A lot of people did not. But it is a very mid-ling movie in that way, and really, a fitting movie for this time of year. I do know that some critics are completely biased, and some gave it a more negative of review than it deserved, due to nostalgia and their love of the original. But that's their prerogative, and it's up to the reader to decide if they agree or not. And unfortunately, it's reviews like that, which drive people away from actually seeing movies like this, as they tend to hold onto the same nostalgia for somethings. I mean, one of my favorite movie reviewers, MovieBob over at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/ had NOTHING good to say about it, at all. But I KNEW he was going to do that, as he noted in other videos that he wasn't looking forward to it, and outright saying it was going to be garbage and not compete with the original. I am disappointed that his personal bias overpowered his professionalism, but that's life. If I actually had to grade it, I'd probably put it somewhere around 6/10 or 6.5/10. I enjoyed a lot of it, and liked the mechanical designs, but it certainly was not a blockbuster by any means.
  24. The Nova Corps are in it. John C Reily was in the trailer as Rhomann Dey. Glenn Close apparently plays the current "Nova Prime" Whether or not they set anything up for a "Nova" movie is unknown, but the Corpsmen are in the movie. Though I would love it, so long as it is Richard Rider... Sam Alexander is turning out pretty good, but I'd prefer Rich. I hope Angela never appears. She was only brought in to the Marvel universe "Because We Can". I really don't like the shift Marvel took with the Cosmic side. Star-Lord is back, with no real reasoning ( and his new costume is ugly). Thanos is back without any real reasoning. Nova Prime? Still missing, with no real reasoning. But then, they always do this when a new movie comes out. It's stupid because it ruins continuity like crazy... Something Marvel loves to claim they care about, but they don't. There are a number of characters they could be missing, but the current "core" cast is pretty set, without going into too much other back stories... Like: Phylla-Vel Moondragon Mantis Major Victory Cosmo ( never was a full member... But come on, awesome telepathic cosmonaut dog? He's like Professor X! And a Dog! A Russian Dog!) Despite the fact I like Drax and Gamorra... With the smaller cast, I think they could have done without Gamorra, and maybe threw in Phylla or Mantis ( despite Mantis being green skinned as well). As a basic description for both Gamorra and Draw would read: "Green Skinned Badass that uses Blades" Yondu is in the movie. Michael Rooker is playing him.
  25. I have to say I did enjoy it quite a bit. They did touch on a few different points than the original, and did deal with his humanity better. But it also had quite a number of subtle, and not so subtle throwbacks to the original. And the PG rating must have been barely granted. Other than the lack of swearing ( unneeded), nudity ( unneeded) and gore (unneeded), there was still plenty of violence and killing. I felt the that PG rating simply was given because they brought what the original had overdone (gore), done to more realistic levels, and omitted a few unnecessary additions that were not required (nudity and swearing) And while I stil do not favor the black suit despite the helmet being pretty cool, I really like the silver armor even more. A very nice update to the classic design.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.