Everything posted by Matt Bellamy
-
Do you ever wonder what the end will be like?
Before the Sho vs Agito event, I assumed it was going to come down to... Well, Sho vs Agito. Somehow they would have beat Chronos, and Sho would have to face Agito one on one. Now though? I kind of have a weird feeling that Agito's new change of heart, may have him sacrifice himself in order to win the final battle, leaving Sho alive to live on. Especially with Shizu with her limited lifespan and whatnot. But that is only if he is truly remorseful of his past actions, like he seemed to be after their fight. As, when Sho beat him, he was ready to give up and let Sho protect the Earth... But Sho had other plans. So Agito had his former ally/pawn, that he thought was weak and an obstacle to his ambition, suddenly almost effortlessly whup him so bad, that he was going to give up, suddenly share his new power AND say that they are basically allies (not quite friends)...? Agito has had a lot to think about, and the whole graveyard being built behind Zeus's Thunderbolt base, clearly shows he has changed. As before he didn't care if the Libertus and Griselda were using up their lifespan every time he used them. Now he seems to care more. Especially now that he knows, if he makes Sho come after him (by being evil/taking over the wrold), there is a highly likely chance that he will not survive. He always thought he would be the clear winner. Sho certainly proved him wrong.
-
New Guyver Translations
Yeah, the blog itself has been removed. No post on 4chan (where the hype for their translations started) regarding it either. A shame really, as rivalry can sometimes help both sides improve... but just because the blog is down, and we haven't heard anything, doesn't mean they are necessarily done.
-
Guyver Costume
Let's not take this topic in the wrong direction please. Beside, Shyamalan needs to do his OWN movies, and stay away from other peoples work. Some directors need more freedom. He is one of them (ie his lastest wasn't bad at all)
-
Guyver Costume
Yeah, that was mearly a suit made for the promotion of the 2005 TV series. And from what I remember the founder of bioweapons.com, Dave Carpenter telling me once, those suits have a lifespan of about 3-5 years as the materials they use look great and are nice and light... But deteriorate much faster than even a lot of cosplays. So it's probably long gone. To get any full body sized Guyver costume, you'd probably have to pay a good couple thousand to a costume maker, as something of that magnitude would take a long time, and a lot of material. I'll put it this way, back when I was closer friends with Dave, he quoted me about $600 US for a simple Extremis Iron Man Helmet ( and if I wasn't forced to move at the time, I would have done it too). So, A helmet alone with cost probably $600+... On top of that the suit it self would probably 3-4 times that... So you'd be looking at something over $3000. Then the issue is finding someone good enough to build it.
-
Pokemon
I'll say this as someone who played the first (Red) when it was first released ages ago (OG Pokemon Master! ): I dislike the newer games. Too many Pokemon in total, but too many old ones making comebacks as well. I liked the originals limit of 150 that you knew it was part of the game. They were all original at the time, and everyone seemed to have different strengths and weaknesses. Like any series, time and too many iterations can weaken a franchise for certain people, and I am one of them. Don't get me wrong though, I have friends who have all the games, and still love them. If I had to pick a favorite though, it's gotta be Raichu. Always like the design more than others, and was always my #1 Lighting attacker ( was the ONE major thing I like from X/Y Haha...) And as for the card game... I am more of a Yu-Gi-Oh fan.
-
Quote function broken?
Jupiter, did you just try using the quote tool? We're referring to the reply with a quote function at the bottom right of the window. Which is still not working for me.
-
Fantastic Four (2015)
The Incredibles IS the best "Fantastic Four" of pretty much everything. I thought that was fact now.
-
Quote function broken?
Huh... It is not... I've not tried it in a while. That is weird.
-
Why Doesn't Online Dating Ever Work?
I've not tried it, but my brother met his Wife online. Happily married 6 years, with 2 kids now.
-
New Guyver Translations
I dunno, even the Advocacy uses just "Brother" which does still kind of sound a bit awkward. Though I have been long aware of the way translators work, and have seen many times where other translators use the direct translation, or attempts to change it to a more Western feel ( ie Mizuky calling him his name, Tetsuro and not Brother/Big Brother). Granted, I don't read Japanese at all, so maybe just "Brother" might be more accurate than "Big Brother" in this case. As for someone else picking it up... I can see that it would be a daunting task... 30+ volumes if they want to do it all their way. And the way this one seems to be, is more spite than possibly just wanting to do it for fun/get more readers. Not the best way to start a project.
-
New Guyver Scanlations
So it seems, someone else has decided to start translating the Manga. And since the Advocacy volumes were available freely up to volume 30, that is where they have started. Only one chapter up so far, but it is a manga volume chapter, so is 36 pages. http://ciaranhillock.blogspot.co.uk/ Please note, that there is a jab towards the way the Advocacy handles the new translations (on both the blog and credits page), but really they do have a point (in regards to expanding the fan base), though the Advocacy is free to do things however they choose. I mention this as I want people to be CIVIL as possible discussion on the topic. Yes, it was a little childish to make note of it on their credits page, but we can all be grown ups here. I'm basically just happy that someone has taken interest in the Guyver manga again, and it's always nice to see someone else's take on things. I mean, there are similarities, but plenty of differences as well. Though it seems the person behind it has other projects on the go, I can only wonder how far they will go with it. But more Guyver, is always a good thing.
-
New Guyver Translations
So it seems, someone else has decided to start translating the Manga. And since the Advocacy volumes were available freely up to volume 30, that is where they have started. Only one chapter up so far, but it is a manga volume chapter, so is 36 pages. http://ciaranhillock.blogspot.co.uk/ Please note, that there is a jab towards the way the Advocacy handles the new translations (on both the blog and credits page), but really they do have a point (in regards to expanding the fan base), though the Advocacy is free to do things however they choose. I mention this as I want people to be CIVIL as possible discussion on the topic. Yes, it was a little childish to make note of it on their credits page, but we can all be grown ups here. I'm basically just happy that someone has taken interest in the Guyver manga again, and it's always nice to see someone else's take on things. I mean, there are similarities, but plenty of differences as well. Though it seems the person behind it has other projects on the go, I can only wonder how far they will go with it. But more Guyver, is always a good thing.
-
Warriorguyver.com Artwork Section Online!
There has been an update! A fairly substantial one too! What? No.. Sorry, no fanfiction... BUT, we do have lots of artwork! In fact, the entire Artwork section has been reorganized and updated. This time, organized in terms of what the characters are, rather than who did them. If you're looking for a Warrior Guyver? Go to the Guyver-> Warrior Guyver section. Zoalords? Go to the Zoalord section... etc. While I have teased a few new pictures recently, there are even more pictures than them that have been added. Plus! An Archive section for all older pictures that have been retired. This section will probably be growing pretty fast, as we are working on replacing a lot of older character pictures with new ones. So go! Here! http://warriorguyver.com/wgfanfic/artwork/index.htm
-
Artwork Section - Online September 1st, 2015!
There has been an update! A fairly substantial one too! What? No.. Sorry, no fanfiction... BUT, we do have lots of artwork! In fact, the entire Artwork section has been reorganized and updated. This time, organized in terms of what the characters are, rather than who did them. If you're looking for a Warrior Guyver? Go to the Guyver-> Warrior Guyver section. Zoalords? Go to the Zoalord section... etc. While I have teased a few new pictures recently, there are even more pictures than them that have been added. Plus! An Archive section for all older pictures that have been retired. This section will probably be growing pretty fast, as we are working on replacing a lot of older character pictures with new ones. So go! Here! http://warriorguyver.com/wgfanfic/artwork/index.htm
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
All the answers you seek are now available to you all! More than just the Grakkens have been updated With a few more surprises in store no doubt...
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
If you can figure out who #4 is, #3 should be easy to guess. Here's a tip: There is a body part on them at easily gives them away... But then again, I did mention that someone did guess #3 and 4 right already Though I doubt anyone will guess the clearly male Gigantic... But the other Gigantic... May or may not be male...
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
Nope! But someone may have said who it is already. I'm just not able to show the pictures of these characters just yet... Though the link Sully just posted should help with a clue for them...
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
We didn't "forget" to mention
-
Did the zoalords start religion?
Well considering any known sighting of Archanphel were during caveman times and just before the ice age, I'd say very few would even remember, save for cave paintings... And then at best a small sect of people might still have had enough knowledge to believe in the old old sighting... But the major religions would have wiped that out long ago. As mentioned, he doesn't really "fit" with any of the current major religions. It IS possible that there may have been some followers, but they probably died out/killed long long ago. And though Dark Hero did have the cave painting idea, Dark Hero is not part of the Manga continuity.
-
Guyver October 2015
The orbs were only protruding when he was actually growing, or performing the black hole attack. As soon as he reached full height ( on the same page we see him emerge from the building) they are already back to normal. Agito seems to have already finished growing, thus the orbs are not protruding further out.
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
-
Son of Mine art gallery
The third one there was done by me =P
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
-
Whose that Pokemo... er... Guyver!?
New characters! Old characters! Slight design upgrades! But not full sized or colored because... Well, because... Uh... Reasons? Yes. REASONS.
-
Login problems
Sadly the issue seems to still exist. And may be worse than we think... Since I doubt any of our members would post a random spam link to gay porn.