Avengers: Endgame

jerrygoodman

Yep. It's all what I expected and I am still totally hyped for it.

Love that Cap is in his SHIELD suit again.

But man, you can clearly tell what happened to Clint/Hawkeye/Ronin. His family must have been part of the other 50%. He looks broken.

And having Stark lost in space makes me think Captain Marvel will find and save him.

Can't wait.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it. It's great.

Don't read the spoilers, go see it for yourself.

It really is the end of the MCU.

At least of the MCU we know.

It's a shame they had to shoehorn in Captain Marvel at the last moment and she is indeed awful, but otherwise the movie is awesome.

But it is the end.

Natasha is dead, having sacrificed herself at Vormir despite Hawkeye trying to stop her with all his might. Captain America is not dead, but he will soon be - of old age, having travelled back in time and lived out his life with Peggy Carter after all. The Hulk is scarred and maimed, as well as no longer being the rage monster we know and love. Hawkeye is retired for good. Thor has left Earth with no apparent goal for the first time in centuries. And Tony Stark is dead, having sacrificed his life to use the Infinity Stones one more time.

And the Stones themselves are also destroyed.

I don't really see where they might go from here.

There wasn't even a post-credits scene.

Edited by Salkafar
  • Like 1

Loved it.
Agreed with your point of contention though. unneeded.

especially...

the girl power bit. that was really awful. it was completely unnecessary, forced, out of place and added nothing to the story.

not only that but it wasn't even feminism, it was more misandry than anything.

other than those poor parts, the film was fantastic.
I .... AM..... IRONMAN
Tony stark is my hero.

and yes, it is over. ironman was the beginning and the end.

due to captain marvel and disney's attitude, anything after this is sure to be polluted with this misandry guised as feminism.

Edited by Tora Tan

Very very pleased.

Found Thanos's character to be a lot more sinister this time around. I wonder if this is due to him being younger or simply not as in control as he was in Infinity War. While original Thanos was clearly evil, this younger versions seems harsher and more brutal. Yet we do see his more human side once again after he looses. I can't think of a better way for such a great villain to go then to just site down and accept the enevitable. 

Honestly though this might be it for me as far as the MCU goes. If they are going to just keep blindly pushing the type of film Captain Marvel was, something thats not been healthy for a lot of different series of late, I think it's better to just get off the ride while it's still fun. Besides DC appear to be finally getting their act together, was very happy they didn't totally ruin my long awaited Shazam film.

As one door closes, another opens as they say.

I mean, I was ok with it in the end...

I was on board with most of the stuff until Thor confirmed he had stolen Mew-Mew from the timeline ( though I get that Cap fixed that at the end), but then that Cap actually used it? I know it was a callback to that scene in Age of Ultron... But still that was a little off for me.

And yeah, the "Feminism" scene was terrible. Anyone that says the movie Captain Marvel was overly feminist is wrong... But this was clearly shoved in there for that reason only. It's not like she even needed the help. She had just single handily destroyed the flagship.

I DO like how we all pretty much called that it would be Captain Marvel that saves Tony and Nebula though.

Though, does anyone else now think Loki is alive again? Unless Cap went and fixed that scene, Loki just up and disappeared.

Anyway, as a solo movie, it is pretty terrible. it REALLY needs to be watched back to back with Infinity War. As a "watch this right after" sequel, it does its job as it acts like the 3rd and 4th acts to a single movie. Lots of things happening, very little downtime.

Lots of little things and calllbacks to previous movies too... Like Sam's/Falcon's "on your left" comment near the end and such.

I'd have to go over every scene of the movie for the things I did and did not like... but overall it was good. The " I... am... Iron Man" moment was pretty epic.

...but here's a few:

- Pepper's armor. Don't know if they will credit her as "Rescue", but it was nice to see it.

- Thor being fat... at first. The joke got pretty old, as they were kind of still showing it off even at the end. Though the braided beard he sported for the final fight was pretty sweet.

- Korg. He's just awesome. Especially he and Meek as Thor's roommates. Just too funny.

- Paul Rudd. Just love his Scott Lang. If there is at least anyone here that when they need to bring the funny, it is him.

- Was surprised that Nat was the one they killed off, which basically confirms her movie is going to be fully a prequel story ( not a bad thing though)

- old Cap giving the shield to Sam. I figured he'd be a better choice than Bucky, as Bucky is likely still dealing with issues about his past, where Sam is just a good guy who does good things for all the right reasons... Just like Cap himself.

- Did not like the new Hulk/Banner. He really didn't do anything other than humor this time. Was still kinda funny, just mostly useless in the big fight.

Yeah, definitely have mixed feelings on the movie. Infinity War is damn good movie, while Endgame is kinda just... ok. The two together redeem my feelings overall.

Now, the big question is whether or not Marvel can keep up the success.

People like to claim that Iron Man was a tough choice and call him a C or B-lister back in the day... The thing is though, he was still a large part of the #1 (non-mutant) Super team. Some of the rumored projects I've heard of so far, just do not have me interested at all, other than sequels to series that were still ongoing from before Endgame.

But I guess we'll just have to see. Those films will still be a few years away.

Kronans don't even have mothers. Although they are made of stone, they are functionally hermaphrodites who meld part of their bodies (typically their hands, in a sort of semi-permanent handshake) together and stay put for a couple of weeks, until their shared fist breaks apart and a tiny Kronan emerges.

Kronans are also the first enemies Thor ever faced in the comics; in fact they appeared before he did, as Donald Blake armed himself with the staff that would turn into Mjölnir and himself into Thor.

This movie version of Korg, son of O-Korg, is more of a parody. Same goes for Miek, who originally was a horribly tragic and evil character.

13 minutes ago, Salkafar said:

Kronans don't even have mothers. Although they are made of stone, they are functionally hermaphrodites who meld part of their bodies (typically their hands, in a sort of semi-permanent handshake) together and stay put for a couple of weeks, until their shared fist breaks apart and a tiny Kronan emerges.

Kronans are also the first enemies Thor ever faced in the comics; in fact they appeared before he did, as Donald Blake armed himself with the staff that would turn into Mjölnir and himself into Thor.

This movie version of Korg, son of O-Korg, is more of a parody. Same goes for Miek, who originally was a horribly tragic and evil character.

If I remember, magma is involved and it doesn't always have to be another Kronan as Korg actually wanted to do this with Hiroim, due to his respect of the shadowpriest and possible thanks to the Oldstrong power. Always loved that bit of law.

I'm well aware that movie Korg is not the True Korg, He along with the whole warbound are some of my faviort characters. Thats said I also really like this version, who is very much everything True Korg is not, as I do find him funny and likeable.

id be interested in seeing how many tickets were sold versus how much money it made... tickets back then were about $7.48 where i live. now its $10.90

and im with you on this Salkafar, Korg is a joke and Meek was not what he was like. 

i really like that endgame was a serious movie with light hearted moments, unlike a lot of previous Marvel movies, Ragnorak being one.    

it really felt as tho Korg was a moron. and that really bothered me.

same with spidey. i  loved him in Civil War, but in homecoming, he was pathetic... he was a bit better in Infintiy War, and i didnt expect much from endgame, but from what i saw, still a bit disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 4:49 AM, Salkafar said:

Saw it. It's great.

Don't read the spoilers, go see it for yourself.

Reveal hidden contents

It really is the end of the MCU.

At least of the MCU we know.

It's a shame they had to shoehorn in Captain Marvel at the last moment and she is indeed awful, but otherwise the movie is awesome.

But it is the end.

Natasha is dead, having sacrificed herself at Vormir despite Hawkeye trying to stop her with all his might. Captain America is not dead, but he will soon be - of old age, having travelled back in time and lived out his life with Peggy Carter after all. The Hulk is scarred and maimed, as well as no longer being the rage monster we know and love. Hawkeye is retired for good. Thor has left Earth with no apparent goal for the first time in centuries. And Tony Stark is dead, having sacrificed his life to use the Infinity Stones one more time.

And the Stones themselves are also destroyed.

I don't really see where they might go from here.

There wasn't even a post-credits scene.

I really loved this movie, seen it twice now, might go again.

And yes, there was a post credit scene, it was the three chimes. It was a tribute to ironman and where it all began, when tony stark was hammering out the first helmet on the anvil. 

7 hours ago, Salkafar said:

That is probably true - But -

Hide contents

I would like if it turned out it's someone else forging armor of his own... namely Doctor Doom!

Dr. Doom's armor comes from the fact he was hit with cosmic rays just like the Fantastic Four. EVERY movie goer knows this, and is an undeniable fact! His legacy is inherently tied to them, and he is NOT a self made genius/mad man who designed his own power armor and learned magic to rival the best in the universe.

Please get your facts straight before posting!