Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

durendal

Member++
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by durendal

  1. Since there are literally thousands of models kits in the gundam franchise, I try to limit myself to the flagship gundams for each series, and mainly majority of them are Master Grade (MG). I made it a point to buy the main gundam of each series, but I stopped at Seed since I still have tons left unbuilt. So officially, Strike Gundam was the last MG I bought. There are a few exceptions of course. Like G-Gundam. I bought all the 1:144 HG of G Gundam and had them all painted. I'm missing the MG Gundam Spiegel since I already stopped buying when it came out.
  2. No, it's just one guy from youtube picking on you. Apparently he doesn't like you so he keeps on taking down your videos. That's the only thing that makes sense. There are numerous blatant copyright infringement posted in youtube yet they're still there, and your innocent video gets taken down. What has the world come to.
  3. That's actually the main problem. It's the perception of the media that Blackberry is dying which is causing a lot of people to avoid it in the first place. This is most especially true in the US, where the carriers themselves will dissuade you from buying a blackberry when you step into their store. While BB is very big in the Southeast Asian regions. The apps ecosystem is also a big contributor. Many people don't want Blackberry because of the lack of apps, and app developers don't want to develop for Blackberry because not a lot of people are using it. It's like the chicken and the egg. I can say that it's a bit unfair to Blackberry because a lot of people are already dismissing their phones even without trying it. Even without the physical keyboard, it is still the best I've seen on a touchscreen. I've even read that the OS they run on is QNX which are utilized by military grade missile guidance systems. That's gotta count for something.
  4. Well, after using android for a few weeks, I have to say that I still prefer Blackberry 10 as an OS. On an Android phone, it's too cumbersome for me to switch apps which I can do with relative ease on my Z10. Typing is very difficult, given that both my Z10 and Galaxy core are practically the same size. In fact, the Galaxy core is 0.1 inch bigger than my Z10 (4.2" vs 4.3"). Heck, hand writing is way better on the Z10 as you can utilize the whole screen instead of a small portion on an android phone. I had to toggle the GPS on or off whereas it goes on automatically on my Z10. Overall, I prefer the user experience of BB10. The good thing about Android is that I get to play a lot of games on it.
  5. They completely re-wrote the star wars history with the release of episode 1-3. What's to stop them from doing the same again?
  6. Finally bit the bullet and bought the Galaxy Core. It's not a flagship phone, but specs-wise, it's similar to the SIII mini. I was actually supposed to wait until end of September to buy one, but my Curve now keeps restarting on me. It's a sign already saying that I should buy a new phone. The S4 mini is just too expensive for me. So far I'm happy, but I still like my Blackberry Z10 better.
  7. Aha, this coming from the nation who spies on every other country. It’s funny how some people are such hypocrites. No offense to our American friends, but how can your leaders be such asses.
  8. Yup, finished it last month and it left a big cliffhanger. I'm slowly moving along on the third book and I see a lot more differences, though only minor. For one, in the book, Jorah Mormont did not recognize Baristan Selmy nor did he reveal his true identity to Daenarys. This leads me to question how they would fit in what would happen later when Daenarys gets betrayed again.
  9. If it were up to me, I would rather that they cast an unknown for the lead roles, especially for Amuro and Char. Similar as to how actors are afraid of being typecast, the true can also be said on the viewers perspective. For example, we are already typecasting Ben Affleck as Daredevil even before he puts on the cowl. besides, big names in movies usually means big salary, leaving less budget for the other more important aspects of the movie. How many times have we seen big stars being cast in famous characters only to have that movie flop?
  10. Well, I'm not saying that all hollywood movies are crap. Look at Death Note. It was slightly faithful and I did enjoy it. But I don't think it would be right for them to recreate the One Year War as a live action movie. Then they would have cast a very young Lalah and portray the pedo tendencies of Char. They don't call him the ped comet for nothing. If ever they do a Gundam movie, I would prefer that they either stick to the original material (which hollywood never tend to do), or create a new story altogether. You have to remember, there are many Japanese who worship the Gundam franchise, and any wrong move will spur the wrath of legions of Otaku. I remember a lot of them idolizing Matilda so they have to be very careful who they cast her. I have to admit, G-saviour wasn't exactly purely Japanese made. It probably failed because it tried to distance itself from the franchise by not even mentioning the word Gundam. Wait no, it was just poorly written.
  11. Good God Man! They already released a live action Gundam film years ago and they failed miserably. Look up G-Savior. Even Tomino, the original author, voiced his disapproval of the movie. No offense, but I don't want Gundam to be polluted with a touch of hollywood. They are never faithful to the original source. I want to remember the Original Gundam as the classic they were.
  12. Due to the long holiday weekend, I was bored and told myself, "hey, why not watch some random anime". Navigated to Dannychoo.com and looked for something that might be interesting. I saw in some of his posts about a random giant monster that looks like a skinless man. Searched for it and decided on that. I was initially going to watch one episode only, first to pass the boredom, and second to get a feel of the anime if it is worth watching. Surprised was I that it was a good series. The series is titled "Shingeki no Kyoji" or known in english as "Attack on Titan". Here's a short description based on mangareaders: Yes, it was originally a manga. But I felt that the anime fleshes out the characters very well. Turns out, my little curiosity kept me up late at night to watch this. I'm already up to episode 14 and things looks good.
  13. JB in Star Wars? God forbid. Unless they intend him to be the next Jarjar Binks. Well, they do have the same initials.
  14. You really can't go wrong with the phone that was given the title of best phone of 2012. We are now entering the era of mobile computing that might eventually phase out desktop and laptop computers. Although I doubt that will happen anytime soon as I myself prefer desktop PCs. But mobile phones nowadays can outperform desktop PC's with the Octacore thingamajigs. Crazy, who needs a processor that fast? Well, I'm still happy with my Blackberry Z10, but my Blackberry Curve 9360 feels a little bit neglected. I'm still trying to decide whether to get the SIII Mini or the S4 Mini to replace my Curve. Maybe in a few more months I'll be able to finally decide.
  15. Well, if you are not very particular with the specs, you could get the Galaxy S Duos, which is relatively newer and cheaper. I think the S Duos retails about £150, new.
  16. That's the good thing about android, you get to fiddle with everything, moreso if you decide to root it. I'll stick with blackberry 10 since it's sort of the middle ground between ios and android. I was actually thinking of replacing my old blackberry curve to an SIII mini, but has to put if off because I just bought my mother a Galaxy Grand. Thought that the screen real estate would help her due to her bad eyes. She's still adjusting from it coming from an old symbian s40 nokia. And after setting it up, I have this urge to keep it. I actually want one just because of the apps. But in terms of productivity, I still rely on my trusty blackberry Z10.
  17. This is just a wild guess based on the bits and pieces of manga that I saw, this is the first general enemy. I'm not sure but it looks like he is disguised as Akitsu Masaki, and later referred to as General Rugius? One of the Generals of Noie Nomatoda? Someone should correct me if I am wrong on this.
  18. Get Lucky! YEAH!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I
  19. Ooh! Ooh! Pringles!!! Once you pop, you can't stop! I love pringles.
  20. You got that right, eating whole goddamn bag of chips. I may have that syndrome as well. Just last night, I bought 2 bags of lays, salt & vinegar and Sour cream & onion. That's 2 goddamn bag of chips. And since I'm watching Game of thrones every night, I have this urge to open on whole goddamn bag of chips and finish it in one sitting. Goddamn bag of chips!
  21. So, do you eat potato chips, or any of that unhealthy sort of foods? I myself enjoy the occasional potato chip, usually when I am enjoying a nice movie at home. Most of the time I eat the local variants which cost a lot less. Although I would prefer Lay's, they are a lot more expensive. And most of the time, I can finish one whole bag by myself. I've recently bought Lay's wavy roasted garlic and seasalt, and I really liked it. Too bad it's not available locally. I'll be sure to buy a lot more when I go back to the states. So what's your chips of choice? How much do you / can you consume in a single sitting?
  22. The look on everyone's faces when Danaerys claimed the unsullied. Priceless. Reading along with the book, seems like they made a lot of changes. Some of them do make sense. I guess only season one stayed very accurate with book one. Although there are changes, the general direction of the story stayed the same, and doesn't make plot holes.
  23. To be fair, EVA did start out to be an amazing series, just so happens the director screw all the fans with the ending. Hopefully this movie will not follow suit. And yes, definitely gonna watch this. Looks like a lot of good movies coming out this week. Hard to believe that the minion toys from despicable me 2 are sold out nationwide. But that's for another topic. I'm expecting a lot of destruction from this movie. Something that we can look forward to.
  24. So they really called the monsters kaijuu? Really?
  25. So you're basically saying that the basic instincts of humans are downright evil? I have to agree with you there. God know how may species the humans have made extinct. But animals have no concept of morality but they still survived to this day if they are left alone. I'm a shallow person and I have no grasp of what you guys are talking about in the movie, particularly the religious insinuations. I don't care if you see Jor-El as God and Kal-El as Jesus. To be completely honest, comparing the movie to religion kinda puts me off. What is so bad about simply enjoying a movie? Why analyze too deeply? It's a freaking movie and seeing it makes me happy. Why over analyze things? Have we evolved too much that it is very hard to enjoy simple things? Would this lead us to someday eventually put drama into a simple act such as pissing? Oh, the relieving pleasure of water leaving the body. How it soothes the bladder making you feel the warmth of your body, ever the tingling sensation in your shoulders as you feel the container being emptied into the shiny water closet. With the trickling sound of urine splashing into the water's surface making melodious music to your ears.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.