Everything posted by durendal
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Holy Crap! Z and ZZ IS available, albeit on a limited time only. Yes, do watch Zeta, I highly recommend it. ZZ, nevermind.
-
Kardashians
They did have a reality show. Keeping up with the Kardashians. Not to mention that some of the siblings are married to celebrities.
-
Ukraine and Russia
Goodwill, humanitarian, justice or what ever words you use to sugarcoat, it all boils down to one thing. Politics. Whether it's the US or Russia who sends troops to the ukraine, they all have ulterior motives. They will slaughter people and make it look justified, that's the power of politics. To me, it's just a pissing contest between the wealthy nations. It's ridiculous to start an armed conflict in the name of peace.
-
Final Fantasy - The Final Fantasy Topics Thread
I wish they had made this a cinematic cut scene instead of using the game sprites. Would have been much more epic if they did.
-
Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Coming out this month
By any chance you bought it because of this commercial? You just gotta love To Zanarkand.....
-
Final Fantasy - The Final Fantasy Topics Thread
FFX ended as a cliff hanger to me. It made me sad that Yuna has to go through that in the end. I loved the song. Which is why I was excited when FFX-2 came out. I thought I'd finally be able to see the happy ending. But then the game sucked. Didn't even have the drive to finish the game, only for me to find out that you have to exert additional effort to get the greatest ending, which to me wasn't really that great an ending at all.
- Who Is Your Favorite Characters In Final Fantasy And Why?
-
Guardians of the Galaxy
I like this. It's very similar to the atmosphere of the current running comics. Although I haven't been avidly following GOTG, i feel like they're missing a few members. And Yeah, drax has evolved from the big hulky half brained brute into a ruthless killer. That's probably the only iteration that succeeded in completing his original purpose. Would be nice if they also featured the nova corps. Now I remember who's missing. Somehow they're missing Angela, although I'm not entirely sure about its legal issues with Neil Gaiman. Did marvel completely buy the character out? Would be badass if they managed to put the annihilation storyline here.
-
Your Favorite Fight Scenes
Ok, it's either something is wrong from my end or the media code doesn't work for me. How do you post videos now?
-
Your Favorite Fight Scenes
<p>This:</p> <p> </p> <p><a href="
- Good movies?
- Good movies?
-
Heisei Rider VS Showa Rider Taisen Feat. Super Sentai
Nice! They got the original Kamen Rider Ichigo to take on the role again. It says that the Showa riders does not recognize the Heisei Riders, and that the Heisei Riders will defeat the Showa riders. This movie has got to be orgasmic for true Kamen Rider fans. Hahahaha. I would guess that no matter how they set this up, this movie will end up all the riders settling their differences, join forces and battle a common foe.
-
A Game of Thrones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSg_gJkU7ko Whoooo! April 6!!!! (dang it, code's not working right)
-
Japanese Word of the Week
ã•ã¦ã€ãŠå‰ã®ç½ªã‚’è£ãã™ã‚‹ã€‚
-
Pacific Rim
I don't think NGE and PR are even close to comparison. The only thing they have similar is giant humanoids fighting giant monsters. NGE uses religious themes very heavily. Who said that PR is an NGE ripoff anyway? Those who say this obviously have never seen both. I just saw it the other week and it was an enjoyable movie. and with giant robots fighting giant monsters, who needs a plot?
-
Star Trek: Into Darkness
surprisingly, I just saw this movie for the first time today. I liked it. I have to admit, it was a lot less boring than the other Picard movies that came out. I don't analyze much, as long as I like what I see, I just let it be. Interesting how that classic line "Khaaaaaaaan!!!!!!" was uttered by someone else. Now that's a twist.
-
Xi Gundam....maybe the cousin of Zeorymer?
Despite being a huge gundam fan, I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread. I will say that I prefer the Xi's (it's pronounced K'si by the way. I hate it when people calls it Psy. I'm just that OC) streamlined design better than the Penelope.
-
Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading
Still watching Gundam Build Fighters. I have to admit, I'm hooked. I like how there are layers of plot in the series. And here I thought it's only about boys and their toys, but I guess it goes deeper than that. Meijin Kawaguchi. I'd like to know how he will fare against Aila. And who exactly is Reiji.
-
What live-action series are you watching or have you watched?
Arakawa Under the Bridge. It's insanely hilarious. As for Gaim, I just can't swallow the whole fruit as head bit thing. It might be just me judging the book with its cover, but I just find it too silly.
-
Breaking Bad
Completely finished the entire series more than a month ago and I'm quite happy on how it ended. I don't know if I should be rooting for Walter White or not. But he was damn impressive. A genius so to speak. It was a great series, but I'm not too sure about the spinoff "Better Call Saul though".
-
A Game of Thrones
A Lannister always pays his debts. I've been hearing and reading a lot about a teaser trailer for season 4 but all I get is a 4 second video of who knows what. Anybody has any news of this? Although I'm already far off in book 4, it's still nicer to watch it than read about it. Sometimes I prefer to use my eyes rather than my imagination.
-
Kamen Rider Gaim
Seriously? A big giant fruit attaches to their head and that's their transformation? You have got to be kidding me.
-
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
You mean Lukin? Isn't Lukin supposed to be Russian industrialist? Unless of course you guys are talking about some other politician.
-
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
I'm a Huge Cap fan. I won't miss this for the world. I see he's also sporting the Captain Rogers uniform. Way cool. I like how the falcon looks. I want to see more of the encounter between Cap and the Winter Soldier. I didn't like the way Cap was portrayed in the Avengers. They made him look like a circus monkey. Hopefully this will redeem everything. And hopefully, come Avengers: Age of Ultron, he will become the main protagonist, instead of how they relegated that role to Tony Stark in the first avengers movie.