New Chapter status?

jerrygoodman

It's kind of sad at this point. Even the site itself is dead because we're not getting any new information about the next chapter. 

I wish there was something we could do; like make up a new petition, or send him so much fan mail that it actually jogs his memory, helping him to realize how many fans are left waiting for the next installment of the series. The conclusion, I should say. It should have been done by now. This is getting ridiculous! 

• Like 3

Guyver and Berserk both started around the same time. Both are dark. Both are "still going". Only one has WAYYYYY more recognition than the other. It's not fair.

"Have you heard of Berserk?" - "Oh I love Berserk, thankfully I can always find the manga at a bookstore when I finish a volume"

"Have you heard of Guyver?" -- "you mean MacGyver?" --"No this guy" *shows pic* "Oh, isn't he from that really horrible movie with Mark Hamill?"

Edited by Maze247365
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, PowerofGuyver said:

If I had 3 wishes, one of them would definitely be for the Guyver to have mega million multimedia franchise. Honestly it's a sin it never got more recognition.

The concept isn't THAT strong.

And we never really got any delving into the psychological and philosophical ramifications of the story. Most of it is just monster battles with regular upgrades.

14 hours ago, Maze247365 said:

Guyver and Berserk both started around the same time. Both are dark. Both are "still going". Only one has WAYYYYY more recognition than the other. It's not fair.

"Have you heard of Berserk?" - "Oh I love Berserk, thankfully I can always find the manga at a bookstore when I finish a volume"

"Have you heard of Guyver?" -- "you mean MacGyver?" --"No this guy" *shows pic* "Oh, isn't he from that really horrible movie with Mark Hamill?"

To be fair, Berserk has a more original, very twisted story, has very bloody and violent action and lots of nudity. It's like the perfect combo for the young adult market. It's also why a series like Attack on Titan is so popular... It may not have the nudity, but its violent and gory with an original story that is sick and twisted in many ways.

Calling both of them "Dark" is doing Berserk a disservice... As well as the "Dark" genre.

If the Guyver was truly like the first 6 episodes of the OAV, it would likely be much more popular... But the manga is actually pretty tame, and the 2005 TV series followed that. It's not even considered "Horror". It's just a Superhero action manga with monsters. Something that gets done a lot in manga/anime and live action. It's a general concpt that gets over used a lot, and Guyver gets over shadowed by all the good and bad of the genre.

But Guyver has had a fair shot at being successful. More so than other series. It has has a long running manga, an OAV series, an OAV movie, an animated season, and 2 live action movies, lots of model kits, a whole bunch of figures, upcoming statues ect... Very few series can claim to have that much.

Maybe as fans, we place it too high on a pedestal ( as a lot of series fans do as well). Coming to terms with the facts, that your favorite thing just isn't that popular, can be hard.

11 hours ago, Salkafar said:

And we never really got any delving into the psychological and philosophical ramifications of the story. Most of it is just monster battles with regular upgrades.

I happen to think the human creation myth, coupled with Alkanphel's vendetta against the advents for trying to destroy our planet, and the question of Sho being more of a villain to the world because Alkanphel is trying to save it with the Zoaloards and Zoanoids, is actually a pretty strong concept. The best part is that, in many cases, not all of Chronos is bad, and some characters have very grey standings. When I watched the Hades Project Zeorymer OVA, I definitely got the same vibes, based on how Takaya followed the "bad guys" POV. Guyver is not just a good vs evil story, that's part of why it appeals to me.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:46 AM, Salkafar said:

Power Rangers isn't that strong of a concept, but it's pretty popular, the movie from last year not withstanding. Just saying is all. I think Guyver could be bigger if it was just given more of a push.

Edited by PowerofGuyver
  • Like 1

If possible, Guyver could use a Hunter X Hunter 2011 treatment. The reason I liked HxH 2011 so much is because I had already seen the original tv series twice, they used a lot of the same VAs, and the characters looked and acted the same.

Just ignoring the lack of gore in the Guyver 2005 series for a second, it had all new VAs, different looking characters, different personalities, different events in the story, it was a mess. If we got a new Guyver show right now, and even if it didn't have the original VAs, but they still SOUNDED similar, looked like the manga/ova characters, same events in either, I think even without ultraviolence, it would be more popular. Plus, series can totally still have gore, so if it was ultraviolent too, all bets are off, it would be the best adaptation.

Edited by Maze247365

With the current state of the manga, I don't think it's a good idea to do an adaptation of guyver. they are better of waiting until the story gets finished. to be honest the author is probably scared of finishing it because he has nothing else to draw after this.  it must be very close to the end and that's why it's stopped. because he knows that if he carries on, it'll only last a year or two. If he had not stalled it probably would have ended by now.

Just thought I'd drop by and see if anything has happened over the last few months since I last posted. As I kinda expected, Takaya still hasn't delivered any new content.

My only guess is that maybe his editors are having a back and forth with him and Takaya's being stubborn. Of course, I have no basis for that conclusion, but working in the industry I certainly hear stories about creators and editors falling out...

Maybe he'll finish, maybe he won't. It's certainly not guaranteed either way unfortunately... :(

Edited by TricoBren

On 9/3/2018 at 4:21 PM, PowerofGuyver said:

I'm curious with how many chapters that are currently out how many episodes would it take to bring the series up to date?

I remember doing a brief write up ages ago that had season 2 end with the defeat of the Dragonlord/End of the Arizona fight. But that was done about the time just after... So I don't know how many more we'd need now... But considering the first season and the hypothetical second, it'd probably be at or close to half a season 3 at least at this point.

I can't remember the exact formula I used... But it revolves around the fact that manga and Anime are opposites in terms of how long things take to do. Action can take a lot of pages/chapters/volumes for a single fight, but in anime, they go much faster... while dialogue in comics is done in large dumps, but having to act it out takes a lot more time.

4 hours ago, TricoBren said:

Just thought I'd drop by and see if anything has happened over the last few months since I last posted. As I kinda expected, Takaya still hasn't delivered any new content.

My only guess is that maybe his editors are having a back and forth with him and Takaya's being stubborn. Of course, I have no basis for that conclusion, but working in the industry I certainly hear stories about creators and editors falling out...

Maybe he'll finish, maybe he won't. It's certainly not guaranteed either way unfortunately... :(

This is probably the most consistent he has been in his entire career... Shame it's because of not doing anything...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 10:09 AM, Matt Bellamy said:

These are the only boobies I want to see more of.

1498041691692.thumb.jpg.1ff4e7c77e8a8f054814ebfd325593b9.jpg

Lol I just noticed but are her mega smasher laser emitters larger than Sho's and Agito's? XD

and in response for the guy saying we never get any phycological  or physiological stuff only monster battles, I don't think thats really fair. I mean there is some really good character development in this series, Aptom is the perfect example. There have been clashes of philosophies and ideologies as shown with Guyver 1 vs Guyver 3. The themes of a post Chronos world domination about how humans are adaptable and compliant to change and authority as long as it brings stability. There is plenty of depth to the story outside "generic battle shonen".

Edited by Scorpion
  • Like 1