Everything posted by Matt Bellamy
-
Spelling and Grammar
It's an unfortunate thing, spelling and grammar. Especially when it's tough to get new members when you don't seem to like to update the website at all. If the problem is bad enough, we will PM someone and ask that they at least try to improve... but the 3 strikes rule for Grammar warnings is a bit dated, and I think that we have mellowed a bit more now, especially since we are not the only Guyver forum on the net anymore. Personally, I don't think we need to loose any more members than we already have in the past.
-
Aptom doodle
Actually, Sully doesn't use a tablet at all. Even though his pictures are all done on the PC. You have to understand how he works with his pictures, to understand how he get's the basics down. What he does, is photo/picture editing. He takes an existing photo/picture of a character in a pose he likes ( sometimes mixing and matching limbs from multiple photos/pics to acheive the pose he wants), and then adds Guyver armor/whatever over the pic. After that, using a mouse is fairly easy for coloring and shading if your used to using them, which Sully is. But I find doing lineart on the PC a lot harder than on paper/ink and scanning. It's something I only ever attempt in a Paintchat or Oekaki, and it usually comes out kind sloppy. ( but then, as mentioned, Photoshop isn't great for lineart... and Photoshop is my main art program). Speaking of Art programs... I'm going to have to kidnap Leigh-san into an Open Canvas drawing session sometime.
-
Aptom doodle
A lot of artists, including her and myself, have something called a graphics tablet. Which is basically like an advanced mousepad, that allows you to use the pen you get with it, to use the computers cursor like the tip of a pen, instead of using a mouse. For drawing on the computer, there is isn't anythign better to work with. Granted, the bigger and better you go, they get a lot more expensive. But, as mentioned in other threads... despite what tools you may have, drawing still requires studying and practice.
-
Guyver Zoanoids
One of the things to note about current Chronos soldiers, and how Chronos isn't too worried about the Guyvers on their side. Despite the fact that their telepathy no longer works on them, actual Chronos soldiers in our fic also have mental conditioning that make them loyal to Chronos on their own. So WG Vamore is loyal to Chronos, not because of beign controlled by Telepathy, but because it is entered into his genetic code that he is part of Chronos. This is something a Guyver cannot "fix", since it's not an external source, but something the Zoanoids were "born" with. It's a handy thing to have, esepcially in our fic when their are so many units floating around.
-
Aptom doodle
Anyone for some snowboarding? More like faceplanting into a snowbank for me Yes, despite the fact I lve fairly close to some excellent ski resorts... I can't ski or snowboard worth crap
-
Aptom doodle
Yay! Leigh-san actually drew something! Something Guyver! First me actually drawing something... now her... Hell really has frozen over
-
Contest Voting
The very evil, omnipotent, decider of all things! A coin flip. Or not, but we'll see if that actually happens first.
-
Warrior Guyver C (Ultimus)
I do tend to picture the idea in my head first. That is always a first. But drawing him in 10 minutes like that... probably comes more from practice... and the fact that he's my character, and I made a few changes on his facial structure to make him look cooler up close. But you will note that I still make mistakes. Like the breathers... they are so not symetrical. As well with the more hidden side of his head. That's all cheating. I'm pretty sure they aren't perfect, but my art isn't made for critics. It's made to show people what they are supposed to look like, instead of letting the writen desciption be the only way to describe him.
-
Warrior Guyver C (Ultimus)
Moving to Warrior Guyver Fanfiction. Note that although he is my character, and the star of his own fan fic, he is still very much apart of the WG story and plot, and we have had several crossovers to show that he indeed part of the main fic, just in a different part of the world. In fact, he was just in one of the parts of 7 Days and teamed up with the ladies of the main WG Fan Fic. That being said... Yes. There are much future plans for him. He wasn't in my last fic very much because he went down to help Jason/Dreadnought out. But soon he'll be back into his own stomping grounds, with some big plans for him. I REALLY just need to get back into writing mode. ...but just cause, here's a quickie Ultimus bust showing a bit more detailed look at his head design. ( just sketched up in the last 10 minutes! Wooo!)
-
Coolest, bloodiest, most violent trailer EVER! (John Rambo)
... Despite the stupid premise ( damn tree hugging hippy people thinking they can make a difference), the action looks pretty damn good. This one looks pretty good. Maybe not seeing it opening day... but openign weekend for sure.
-
Anymore Art?
It all depends on how you work. Personally, I get better looking lineart from doing it on paper first, then scanning and coloring. I leave PC only pics to just sketches, or Oekaki/Paintchat. But Brian does his completely on the PC. I've known many artists who prefer working with either one, so neither is "Easier" for everyone.
-
Kavzar question
Unfortunately, due to learning the true nature of the Zoa-Crystals, the original Proto-Guyver unit specs are going to be updated to reflect the new info. Prometheus will not be affected due to his unit having Kavzar specs added to it, so it will remain pretty much the same. Unfortunately, with those changes coming... I can't really answer the question, without spoilers. ( Yes... I said spoilers )
-
Anymore Art?
I actually have quite a bit of artwork that hasn't even seen color yet. Stuff that hasn't even appeared in the fic yet... but is still over 2-3 years old Sadly, I lost most of my finished work in a recent HD crash. I'm looking to see if I can get it restored... but it's going to cost a pretty penny.
-
Spiderman 3 - Warning! Spoilers!
I finally understand why critics gave this one a low overall score. IMO, easily the worst of the three films. There was far too much going on, nothing was ever really very deeply developed. Like always, the CG was amazing, and SOME of the fights were cool (NOT including the last fight...), but overall I found the movie very lacking. They tried to make you feel for Sandman... but really, not enough time is spent on him, and his case doesn't really mean anything to the viewer ( unlike Doc Ock in #2). And the final scene with him, reminded me of "Absorbing Dad" from The Hulk movie... just far too over the top, and corny if you ask me. Although Thomas Haden Church sure looked good in the role. Topher Grace looked a lot better than he did on "That 70's Show", but he wasn't a very imposing Venom. The Peter/Mary Jane relationship parts were pretty decent... but that's because they took up a good part of the movie, so actually had time to be explored. Harry Osborn... kinda makes you wish his butler was a bit more quick in letting him know what really happened. His suit and glider were pretty cool. Just a shame all the conflicts in the movie, save for Sandman, were mostly just petty childish hatred. Although his was a bit more believable than Eddie Brocks reasons. Bruce Campbells role was pretty funny. Got a tiny bit more screen time, and was funny in pretty much all of it. Overall, even with it's long running time, it still didn't have enough time to properly handle all they tried to put into the one movie.
-
Here is an anime that display's proper law enforcement!
Removed the links. Although old, Dominion Tank Police is still licensed.
-
Reflections on Gundam SeeD Destiny
Can non fans post as well? Seriously... after watched the first episode, and most of the second, I had really high hopes for Gundam Seed Destiny. Shinn had a pretty darn good backstory, and this time around, was already an "Ace" pilot at the start of the series. ( plus, to this day, I still love Sword Impulse). He got to show a bit of a human side, when he felt up Stellar by accident ( although a brief appearence). By the 10th episode or so, I still had high hopes. He was shown to be a bit of a jerk, but he was coming around to Athrun, and seemed like he was growing up slowly. Then came the one thing that actually worked for the first Seed, but ruined Destiny. Listening to the fans and the market. And not the fans who actually know what would be good... but Fanboy/Fangirls. Who demanded more and more Kira Yamato. This, was the start of the end for Destiny. As soon as Kira started appearing in every episode, Shinn started his downfall into a "drone" who always fell back on his personality faults, instead of working to change them. So we started to hate Shinn for what he had become. And being the supposed main character of the series, that did not bode well for everything else. Shinns defeating of Freedom should have been a good turning point. He fought smart, and was able to beat it. But instead, he remained in his drone like state, while crap-fans wished for more Kira. So by the time he got his upgraded Gundam, Kira got one even more powerful. There are a lot of things wrong with how Gundam Seed Destiny was handled... but Shinn was the biggest mistake. He was handled so poorly as a main character, everything around him was dragged down.
-
Tekkaman Blade
I've seen the entire thing multiple times over. ( yay for HK Bootleggs - which i now have given away since I am buying the official release) It's a series I cannot help but love. It has everything I could want. Awesome action, cool characters, even cooler looking mecha designs, and to top it off, an awesome plot with no less than 2 important scenes that I can honestly say were pulling on the ol' heart strings.
-
Pic's that just never made it
Granted, the Zagam pic wasn't done by Allen... but by me...
-
Wow
That's really not a question for this board is it? I find this an odd statement considering the General Guyver Discussion area is for general discussion of Guyver related things, such as the manga volumes... But yeah, it's true, they do have a large amount of info pertaining to the Guyver. About the Gigantes; we'll just have to see how it turns out. For all you know, it growing to gigantic proportions might end up as the coolest thing it can do. Or, it could be super, horrifically lame. The only way you can tell for sure is to wait and see. Miss-use of wording as I thought he was refering to scanlations. Either way, it was still very off topic for this post.
-
Drawing Guyvers
http://www.warriorguyver.com/guyver2pla ... tutors.htm The link to the page of tutorials on how to draw Guyvers. The full body tutorial is pretty informative.
-
Wow
SPOILER! . . . . . . . . . . http://guyverc.homestead.com/files/guyv ... guyver.jpg Here's a shot from the last page ( although there were some other good shots in the previous pages, this sums it up the best I think) It turned into literally a "Gigantic" Gigantic Guyver. Like on equal size with Khan now, but looks pretty much exactly the same, with appearently different colors. Which seems to be taken many different ways by the Guyver community, including the Japanese. Most of us aren't really sure what to make of it, since it's so different. A fan fic is one thing, but the official manga doing something this different? Is kinda odd.
-
Wow
That's really not a question for this board is it?
-
guyver dvds
The Manga video DVD release of the 12 part OAV has been discontinued I am afraid. And has been for quite some time. You can still find it in some places, but they are not printing anymore copies.
-
Wikipedia
The link is probably there because of the fact we do carry some official information via Stars Guyver page... The Guyver Wiki page is mostly made up of information gathered from theguyver.net, and their translations. And IMO, is is the most accurate information to this date on what we know, and has been translated. If anything, they are closer to what they should be, than any differences from Viz's books, or our fan fics.
-
Problem
Not sure exactly why it happened, but it's probably a fault from when we had the change the message board URL because of the hackers. Appearently, when the site was fixed, the page that was uploaded had the old URL. Thanks for the quick fix Will!