Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Bellamy

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matt Bellamy

  1. There is no HD version of this sadly. And the Visual Data Files stopped at book 15... Purgstall's data file was in the back of book 16. The only other data is from the Data file books from the ADV DVDs... And it is not very much.
  2. Unfortunately I don't think so... The only "Hide" feature I have is the moderator hide, and that hides it from everyone.
  3. I've always wondered if the Acid from a Xenomorph could even really hurt the Guyver. Because the blood of Enzyme was corrosive to Guyver flesh, but was specially designed to do so. If normal acidic chemicals would have worked, there would have been no need for Enzyme to be so special. That would be the main factor here. But it is likely safe to assume that it might have some effect, but likely nowhere near as bad as the Guyver 1 vs Enzyme fight from the OAV. As for if a Xenomorph/Zoanoid hybrid could exist... In theory, if the Zoanoid remained in Zoanoid form, maybe the implanted Xenomorph might be based on the Zoanoid itself... but it also could just be a standard human based one if the Chronos Soldier never changes... OR it could change similarly to a Human/Zoanoid. I'm not familiar with the science behind what give the Xenomorph their body types... So it would depend on how the story writer wants it to. One of those grey areas where you can't really be right of wrong. But all that considered, if it were a Guyver vs standard Xenomorphs, the Guyver would have no trouble. Even against a Queen which is just essentially a bigger Xenomorph. Both would be very susceptible to all the Guyvers long/mid range weapons. The only one in question would be the HF Swords. As mentioned before, Xenomorphs would basically be very weak Zoanoids. So even most Zoanoids would stand a good chance 1 vs 1.
  4. What Marvel is doing is absolutely brilliant, and should be copied and used at all times, IF you want the money they make. So yeah, there are similarities in various movies, and they never really "push" them to be different very often. But you know what they do well? Making good, and fun action movies that have heart. All the Marvel cast is basically likable and you can root for them very easily. Because Marvel understands their audience. Warner Brothers doesn't understand their audience. They are more like a group of 60-70 year olds who think they know what their grand kids want. So yeah, Grandma gives you a sweater at Christmas. Sure, it might even be a nice sweater... but you're 10 and you want toys. And that is what Marvel does best. They grab that 10 year old inside us and make us some fun, if sometimes disposable action mixed in with a (relatively) coherent plot with likable characters. Marvel/Disney wants to make good movies and they know money will come if they do. DC/WB wants to make money by copying a formula, without following the formula precisely. This has been utterly proven with all the news reports about the WB management. If DC/WB had copied Marvel and keep things fun, exciting with likable characters, only a vast minority of people would ever call them out on it, because the majority would be too busy enjoying the movies. Not everything has to be Oscar bait or high class cinema. There is a very large market for fun action movies that only seek to entertain. As for the critics reaction to Marvels movies, but not liking DC's? The majority are correct when Marvel's movies score higher. Some have not been all that good either, but its all up to critics if they judge a movie based on what marvel has already done, or if they review it based on just the movie itself... And they certainly do not have to "hump marvels leg" because Marvel makes enjoyable movies. DC's recent failures lacked the heart and fun that makes a good action movie. Their last 2 outing where improvements to be sure, but we can tell it hurt the managements egos. Nolan's Batman movies were not "Superhero" movies. They brought one character down to a very realistic level and made a dramatic action movie series. And it worked quite well. But it wouldn't work for all characters. It worked for Batman because he is dark and brooding... but most of DC's characters are nothing like him. They tried to make Batman the rule, instead of the exception to the rule that he is. Then of course putting Snyder in charge of a series of franchises that he doesn't care about. Kevin Feige is a fan and when he approves a movie, he knows that he will enjoy it as a comic fan. Snyder doesn't care about the comics at all. And it clearly shows. When he directs something he likes, his talent shows off greatly... But you could tell that he just didn't want to do these movies at all. ... This is turning out to be a large rant where I have likely stated my opinion more than once... So I'm just going to end here.
  5. If anything, I would prefer to keep most of the cast. Changing things too drastically now would ruin it even further. The only one I think who could be replaced is Affleck, and only because he has said it himself that he isn't happy/possibly too old. And they did play Batman to be older, while every other member is young enough for another 10 years or so without much fuss. But if he was willing, I'd still keep him. But overall, I just wish the drama would end, and we get some decent movies out of them. It can't be that hard.
  6. Yeah that too. I was reading a manga called World Trigger, which has been on hiatus since November 2016... but we know why. the creator is very sickly and the stress of deadlines was killing him. So we're not really expecting much at all, if ever. But absolute silence as to why Takaya is not releasing new chapters is just not right. Even if it was "Creator is taking a break to relax" would be something.
  7. To be fair, I thought it was actually alright. I probably talked about it to death with friends and family, so that is why I likely never posted my surprising liking of it. Definitely needed to be longer... Maybe not 2 movies longer, but definitely at least a half hour if not a full hour. But after reading all the bullshit that was holding it back, it certainly was set up for failure. Suffered from the some of the same tropes that hurt marvel films as well, like a poor villain. But character wise... Wonder Woman was alright. I'm not as big a fan of her own movie as some people are, as it essentially was a period piece with a super hero ( aka Captain America, just in a different war), so I don't see her as the "saving grace" that some do. But she was alright here. But of course it did help to have a movie of her own under her tiara. Batman was better this time around. Definitely closer to what we expect from Batman. BIG shame that he was essentially forced to use guns by the end to get by. They could have made the parademons a bit weaker to allow him to fight better. Flash was alright. Didn't mind the suit at all, and had some good scenes. Really disliked how he ran though. It just looked kinda awkward. Cyborg was pretty cool. I didn't have any complaints about him. the CG looked alright as well. Aquaman was meh... He REALLY could have used a movie beforehand to explain some shit. Also seemed to be on par with Wonder Woman in strength... but both felt REALLY weak in comparison to... Superman. At least they allowed Cavill to smile and BE Superman. But he was way too overpowered. I mean, sure, he's supposed to be, but Wonder Woman is essentially supposed to be his equal in many stories. And man... The CGI on Superman's suit in that last battle stuck out so badly that I can forgive the mustache issue. Overall I thought it was a pretty good 5/10. Probably could have been a 6 or a 7 if there had been an extra half hour at least, and if the power scales on the parademons and Superman had been toned down. The sad takeaway from this, is that they finally got some of the shit right... But are planning on "rebooting" some of it anyway. I honestly want to see another Superman movie now that someone there "gets" him better. I want to see an Afflek Batman movie similar to an Arkham video game if he were still up for it. I actually want more now. So I guess we have to wait and see what plans they have for Flash Point.
  8. That isn't even an issue. We just want new Guyver manga, period.
  9. I always assumed that he didn't know. He was using Sho as a test subject for everything. Thus why he only intervened when it was for his own benefit, but ended up watching a lot of the time. In his mind, there was likely 3 ( or more) options of what could happen: 1. No longer functions. No more competition, and I need to be more careful 2. Unit reforms as a unit. Wooo! Free unit! Can give to a pawn/loyal supporter. 3. Guyver 1 revives. Not only does he gain a pawn, but proves to him that he is also practically invincible.
  10. Updated with a second tweet of Hayter's... With some guy name Steve Wang...
  11. Always nice to see when actors from a movie you like get back together even for just one photo. https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/974523927635480578 *edit* And this was also posted... With Steve Wang... https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/974786150026981377
  12. I don't blame anyone for not knowing about it nowadays... The fanfiction itself has been around since 1998, but we were only popular for the early early 2000's but we kinda lost a lot of steam around 2002 and never really recovered despite popping up here and there over the years. Though I bet you have seen various pics of some of our characters in google searches. We have... probably too many... But sometimes you can't stop when designing stuff.
  13. That is the Warrior Guyver, from the Warrior Guyver Fan Fiction. I originally created those icons for our original forum long ago, which was merged with this one when we took over the site.
  14. Currently it seems the link is not working?
  15. We had seen a blueprint picture for this figure last year, but here is the prototype that was shown off at this past weekend Wonderfest 2018.
  16. Now I absolutely must have the Laser Disk's and put them in frames. That just looks perfect.
  17. I didn't like it. Had some decent action scenes, but none of the humor landed well, the characters were pretty terrible and acted strangely, and all the death. When Mark Hamill stated early on that he told them that he did not like what they were doing with Luke, but would act it anyway... Yeah, I feel he was spot on.
  18. Unfortunately, we can still not understand what you are asking for, and you don't seem to want to try any harder to try and make any sense.... This all besides the fact that this post is not for anything but talking about the Fan Archive on warriorguyver.com. This thread is hereby locked, and if you continue to post in the manner in which you have been, you will be considered a spam account and dealt with. We're not strict like we used to be, but spamming is something we do not tolerate.
  19. ALL the hype. I've watched this so many times, and when that theme plays near the end I get goosebumps. Things do not look good for the heroes in New York. And thankfully T'Challa is shown quite a bit here... We don't need this movie stealing any hype from Black Panther itself.
  20. I still don't understand what you are exactly saying, but it sounds like you want a custom character...? Unfortunately we are not doing any artwork for anyone else.
  21. Nope. Nothing.
  22. Is English perhaps not your primary language? If not, try posting in your primary language and we can try it through a translation filter. Because that did not make any sense at all, and only comes off as spam to me.
  23. Please see the FAQs regarding volumes 30, 31, 32 and the archive.
  24. The BIG problem is, we don't know. Because no one has said anything. At all. We are only assuming that is why he has been busy. We only know he is even alive ( or was) because of those pictures taken with Steve Wang. ( It has been said that Steve Wang is writing a script for a new Guyver movie... But a script doesn't mean a movie is being made at all.) So yeah, we can assume we know what he is up to... But I hardly think a few figures/statues and a few meeting should stop a creator for this long. I would under stand maybe a chapter every 2 months ( even his small ones)... but nothing? Yeah, it's kind of heartbreaking to think that it seems the creator of his series likes it less than you do.
  25. I wouldn't. I would rather see a show about a guy getting a powered armor and having to deal with his own issues with a mix match of issues stolen from other sources. IE basically what Kamen Rider is. But darker and more realistic would be nice. That way it could use Guyver tropes, but not ruin the idea of the Guyver itself, and also be allowed to grow on its own without having to stick to the source material. My biggest source and need for this change, is the 2 live action Guyver movies. The first is a bad dark horror comedy and the second is a tokusatsu themed variation... and as much as Dark Hero is liked, neither are REALLY "Guyver"... BUT to their credit they do also make some changes and try to make it their own thing, just using the Guyver license. But as a "TV show"? I really dislike how "western" TV shows do business. They never have an "Ending" in place, and just keep going until the show is not popular anymore... So despite a show being good in its first couple seasons, it tends to over stay its welcome soon after.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.