Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Bellamy

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matt Bellamy

  1. I actually forgot about this small part of the story, where Barcas is clearly already changed into a Zoalord and stated to be "420 years ago". As for whether or not they had Zoanoids right away... It was likely one of the first things they did. If you think about it logically, Archanphel must have made Barcas into a Zoalord on his own, but Barcas is assumed to be left to work alone for some time due to Archanphels condition. The relic ship's memory units would give him a lot of info on how to manufacture zoaforms... but as we know with Guyot, the zoalords weren't likely just "made" and Barcas likely had to practice a lot. All this being considered however, things like Vamore and other bio-blasters are seemingly "new-ish" (Chronos Japan is said to have developed it, but cannot find when the branches were established) as well as Hyper Zoanoids being even more recent. So the Zoanoids they likely had early on were probably scout/muscle types. And considering World War 2 is basically 50 or so years before the Guyver series starts, I think they would have a bunch around... especially when you consider how long it would take to build these underground bases and whatnot. So that being said, a lot of the high caliber rifles, tanks and explosives would likely have been able to kill normal Zoanoids. In most cases, unless it was a head shot or a lucky shot, multiple rounds would likely have been required even for the most powerful rifle considering the shear size of a lot of Zoanoids... But do-able for sure. Anything that could piece a metal plate likely stood a chance of doing damage to most Zoanoids, as most basic ones are not well armored and only have touch skin. It's when the hypers start coming that normal high power rifles and explosives have issues with ( as we see from Zeus' Thunderbolt).
  2. I've had it since day 1 of launch. the terrible. terrible. terrible launch. I stopped playing for a long time when the auction house and loot grind were becoming to much. Was playing with my brother, and while we beat it on normal and hard... he was having a hard time during hard because he wasn't playing with the auction house and his equipment was lacking. I was doing my best to keep up with new gear, but it took too much time. Came back for Reaper of Souls when a friend told me they had fixed a lot of it, and stayed for the Necromancer. Now I at least try to get the basic season requirements done every season since I have picked it back up. If I had to choose my favorite profession... they would likely be Demon Hunter, Wizard and Nercomancer in no particular order... but having played with them all, I can say there are builds I like for all the classes... Which is probably why it has me coming back so often if the season has a good armor set that I don't have for another class.
  3. No, not at all. Quite the opposite. All the women who make the covers are usually from fanservice heavy series that are male fantasy series. It's still very much a SHONEN ( ie male teens) targeted book.
  4. No, Barcas was the first and oldest of Archanphel's Zoalords and is over 400 years old. He was the one that found most of the others, if not all. They confirm at least Waferdanos, Shin (over 370 years old) and Purg'stall (over 215 years old).
  5. I doubt he'd do any better than a normal human would... Unless he is zoa-formed, or acquires a Guyver unit. His extra abilties might make his Zoa-form or Guyver form slightly better than others... But considering we are talking that even scout class Zoanoids are still many times him in strength, speed, senses and resilience over his already superior human traits, he would be done in fairly quickly. Good hits with fancy weapons might allow him to make some kills, sure... but that is still not much better than normal humans could do. The genetic modification of Agent 47's world is nothing compared to the Guyvers at all. Unfortunately, as scientific as the Guyver lore actually is, it is still closer to the edge of science fiction than "science-reality" like in Hitman.
  6. There is only one thing that we have evidence of surviving a nuke. Can you guess who that silhouette belongs to?
  7. Have to admit, I am really liking the way this is looking. I did like the last American Godzilla movie well enough, so I wasn't sure if i would see this in theaters. But oh boy, definitely now.
  8. I hope that is the case... I would have hoped they would learned their lesson from The Inhumans fiasco's. Some comic traits don't transfer well to film... Things can be edited in the lore to make them more fitting for the medium. Fans might care for it, but the general audiences will likely feel like it is just bad acting.
  9. Yep. It's all what I expected and I am still totally hyped for it. Love that Cap is in his SHIELD suit again. But man, you can clearly tell what happened to Clint/Hawkeye/Ronin. His family must have been part of the other 50%. He looks broken. And having Stark lost in space makes me think Captain Marvel will find and save him. Can't wait.
  10. Still looks very "meh" to me. I don't know if it is Brie Larson herself, or just the way she is playing the character... but she seems so bland and/or bored. She seems to lack that kind of personality to is required to drive a movie. Especially a Marvel film. Black Widow in Iron Man 2 was kind of like this, but was only a side character and thankfully got fleshed out more in Avengers and Winter Soldier. So now, she is a much better character and deserving of a movie of her own. So I am hoping that will change when I see it, cause I will still see it opening weekend.
  11. It's funny, my only experience with Goshogun was its sequel movie The Time Etranger... Which was at my local video store. It's a "terrible movie" simply because there was no context to the characters or mecha, since an entire series existed before it that. And it really required seeing the series beforehand. I only rented it because the mecha was on the cover, and even then it doesn't even appear in the movie.
  12. No, definitely not. It's likely Ultraman or other similar shows. Ideon doesn't "grow". And while a weapons function might be similar, Guyver has had gravity based weapons from the start. Tora Tan essentially stated the correct information. We can make all the assumptions we want, but those two were mentioned by Takaya himself. The megasmasher specifically has been noted to have been inspired by Godzilla's atomic breath.
  13. Don't say I didn't like something when I actually saw the thing and clearly posted my opinion. I clearly liked part of the movie. I said it was 30% of a good movie. And most critics (good or bad review) agree that the Eddie/Venom interaction was the best part. The problem with Venom is that it REEKS of studio interference. Which hurts the overall movie with a weak villain, weak love interest, and a story so bland that doesn't even involve his greatest rival. Plus, the PG-13, despite Venom clearly eating at least one head directly off of a guy. What I hope happens, is that the Studio takes the reviews to heart, maybe talk with Mr.Feige and Marvel a bit abotu forming a story, and allow a sequel to be something better. But next time, before you jump all over someone for an opinion on anything, remember: It is an OPINION. Going at someone's opinion is a shitty thing to do that happens far too much on the internet, and I will NOT allow it to happen here. Fact of the matter is, you are trying to prove that my opinion of Venom is wrong because (without seeing it) of the box office. Bad movies make money all the time. This is nothing new. Come back when you see the movie and post your opinion, or ask questions of people who have seen it. But do not attack people because you disagree with an opinion.
  14. So. The Rotten tomatoes score is pretty accurate. About 30% of the movie is kind of good. And that is only the scenes with Eddie and Venom. Everything else is just bad.
  15. April 2016. So yeah... Not good.
  16. Boy oh boy... Critics are savaging the movie. I expected as much... Sony still really doesn't know how to make a modern superhero movie. Still seeing it on Saturday, but at least my expectation have lowered even further... So I might get some enjoyment out of it.
  17. I think that discussion will be a big part of the film. It's always a grey area when he uses his powers to alter minds anyway, but his intentions are usually good. It's probably also a reason why Xavier in his older years ( the first 3 x-men films), never did it to people, even if it would help his cause. He learned his lesson about playing with peoples minds.
  18. These are the only boobies I want to see more of.
  19. Looks alright. I never bothered with Apocalypse, but I guess I should catch up. Liking Cyclops' visor though. Looks much more like the comics visor.
  20. I always thought registration would be the way to go... But only if it were handled well. It was not. "42" and signing villains to the "Pro" side was just a leap too far for my tastes. They went much too far, instead of showing the good reasoning why registration would be the right thing. I remember a Civil War: What If... trade I picked up ( had one story based on Annihilation, which I love) that had Tony and Steve work together instead of fighting.The Watcher showed Tony what could have happened if Tony had made one choice differently. Turns out they both had issues with it and were able to come up with compromises. Steve didn't hate the idea, but hated how he knew they were going to handle it. So Steve was placed in charge of the hero database and how things were handled, and as the Watcher explained, a world of peace prospered under their tutelage. But of course, it's Marvel. We cannot have nice things.
  21. This is probably the most consistent he has been in his entire career... Shame it's because of not doing anything...
  22. I remember doing a brief write up ages ago that had season 2 end with the defeat of the Dragonlord/End of the Arizona fight. But that was done about the time just after... So I don't know how many more we'd need now... But considering the first season and the hypothetical second, it'd probably be at or close to half a season 3 at least at this point. I can't remember the exact formula I used... But it revolves around the fact that manga and Anime are opposites in terms of how long things take to do. Action can take a lot of pages/chapters/volumes for a single fight, but in anime, they go much faster... while dialogue in comics is done in large dumps, but having to act it out takes a lot more time.
  23. To be fair, Berserk has a more original, very twisted story, has very bloody and violent action and lots of nudity. It's like the perfect combo for the young adult market. It's also why a series like Attack on Titan is so popular... It may not have the nudity, but its violent and gory with an original story that is sick and twisted in many ways. Calling both of them "Dark" is doing Berserk a disservice... As well as the "Dark" genre. If the Guyver was truly like the first 6 episodes of the OAV, it would likely be much more popular... But the manga is actually pretty tame, and the 2005 TV series followed that. It's not even considered "Horror". It's just a Superhero action manga with monsters. Something that gets done a lot in manga/anime and live action. It's a general concpt that gets over used a lot, and Guyver gets over shadowed by all the good and bad of the genre. But Guyver has had a fair shot at being successful. More so than other series. It has has a long running manga, an OAV series, an OAV movie, an animated season, and 2 live action movies, lots of model kits, a whole bunch of figures, upcoming statues ect... Very few series can claim to have that much. Maybe as fans, we place it too high on a pedestal ( as a lot of series fans do as well). Coming to terms with the facts, that your favorite thing just isn't that popular, can be hard.
  24. Are you sure...? All the promotional material has the units being the standard color... And it is the way it has always been. The only units that are in their armor colors are ones made by fans. The Max Factory figures all had standard units, and even on the back of the data file books that came with the 2005 series DVDs has them in the standard colors... *edit* I assume you meant this shot from episode 2 ...where I can see what you mean and how someone might think that... but that's likely just due to bad lighting. The bio material is the same as the standard, and the shaded colors are similar to those from the unit from previous shots in the 2005 series. But it still leaves the question, if his unit was in his armor colors... Why wasn't Liskers that is literally shown 10 second before. As for Female Guyver 2... You're not "telling like it is". There is no proof of that. The popular theory has some merit based on what has been said in the manga, and the characters motivations of the character haven't fully been realized yet. Sure, the popular theory has not been 100% stated either, but we do not claim to be "telling like it is" or that it is 100% fact and usually state something to that effect. It is simply a theory based on source material, nothing more. Please do not spread misguided information by claiming you are correct without sources.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.