Everything posted by Matt Bellamy
-
What will you move onto when Guyvver finishes.
Since I have basically live through this before, it's no real hardship for me. But just because something ends, doesn't mean we don't have to like it anymore. Even when Guyver is over, I will still love talking about it, and introducing people to it. And likely still doing artwork and/or fanfiction of it. ...But I have a lot of other friends, interests and hobbies to keep me busy as well. It doesn't take much for me to pop by the site at least once a day to see if there is any new posts and too try and be helpful in whatever way I can. It's one of the reasons why I have been an Admin on this site since theguyver.net was changed to Japan-Legend. I still gave a shit even when there wasn't new content. And I will continue to. Hell, it's practically a requirement with the rate that Guyver gets released.
-
What Games Are You Looking Forward To?
Already playing Zelda Breath of the Wild ( so good), but there is still so much... Halo Wars 2 (was too busy to grab it before, but still plan on it) Mass Effect Andromeda (pre-ordered) Dark Souls III DLC Destiny 2 But a lot of the titles for the second half the year have not even been announced yet. Still so much to do. Plus replaying both Doom and Titanfall 2's campaigns. Such great shooters.
-
How would you wrap up and end the Guyver series?
Guyot uses the remover and takes Valkryie's unit. Becomes an imperfect Guyver Zoalord. Apollyon and the Guyvers team up to kill him. After, Alkanphel and Apollyon get on their boat (the Ark) and go out to sea (Space) Sho is ultimate ruler of planet Earth and all humans bow to his feet. ...Maybe not that last one.
-
Noob trying to get into the Guyver Manga!
First and foremost, please read the FAQ. Secondly, volumes 1-29 are available free online from numerous free manga sites. Volumes 1-7 are still the old Viz books and are flipped, and a couple volumes after them are kind of low quality, but readable. The volumes that you need to buy to read are 30, 31 and 32, which is when the Advocacy changed their releases from public to private. Likewise, to get access to the full vault and current chapters, per the FAQ, you will need to have a full collection of the current available manga. Currently the vault contains what is available online, plus some supplemental materials. There is work being done to update the vault with the newest materials as well, as earlier books have been released with new artwork and such. As to where to buy them, we have a topic for that as well:
-
New Chapter status?
Teasing is a cruel thing my friend... ...But then again the last time they said that was the start of this current hiatus...
-
RIP Bill Paxton
Game over... man... Game over.
-
Crimson's Revived Art
I saw those on DA and was thinking the same thing about the white one... Then I saw the NSFW versions and had to check if Cryptic had fully been copied... But looks like they went their own way with that as well. Still, can be fun to see fan art of your own stuff... Depending on the context of course.
-
Prime 1 Studios - Guyver Statues
They are 1/4 scale. So despite my awe at the 1/6 Gigantic figures I bought... That one is even bigger.
-
Prime 1 Studios - Guyver Statues
Considering they will likely be anywhere from $700-$1500 US each? Huge support for these is very unlikely.
-
Prime 1 Studios - Guyver Statues
-
Prime 1 Studios - Guyver Statues
-
Prime 1 Studios - Guyver Statues
-
Prime 1 Studios - Guyver Statues
So we got a lot of new pics from a showcase from prime 1 Studios, showing off what looks to be the completed products... Images are thanks to Alex Pitula on the Guyver World Facebook page ( If you are a member here, please let me know and I will provide further credit for these!) Guyver 0
-
Pacific Rim: Uprising
Now, this image is clearly not the finished product being used in the movie, and I bet the final Jaeger designs will be slightly more bulky looking... But the designs themselves aren't too bad. *Edit* other people have noted that the mecha on the right looks to be made of spare parts from Jaegers from the first movie... Looks like the legs of Crimson Typhoon, some of the torso of Cherno Alpha... and that one arm looks suspiciously like Gypsy Dangers...
-
New Chapter status?
If any news comes about a new chapter it might be posted here... But whenever the chapter raws are released they usually get their own topic.
-
New Chapter status?
Considering a normal volume consists of 160-170ish pages ( sometimes with additions/removals) and since volume 32, we have had 22 pages... No, I can say for certainty that volume 33 will not be released this year... Unless we start getting new chapters, and the page counts are closer to 16-20+ rather than the 9-12 we were getting ( ie the first 2 chapters after book 32 were 9 and 12 pages). Even if he kept to the low page count, we'd probably have gotten a full volume this year... but we have not have any new chapters since APRIL 2016.
-
Final Stock Clearance Sale 1/6 Guyver Gigantic
Canadian Customs was holding my figures since it seems like a price was not put on the shipping order and they needed to know how much tax to charge me. Oh well, they showed up today, and they really are impressive. I had to remove a glass shelve just to fit them in my cabinet. Going to have to think of an alternate solution.
-
New Chapter status?
Oh great. By then I will be too busy with my Switch and Mass Effect!
-
Who still uses DVD?
Considering the collection of DVDs I have amassed, yes, yes I do still use them. I am buying physical things less nowadays, but when I do buy movies/anime, I try to go Blue ray now... But I bought so much during the high times that replacing it all is impossible.
-
Guyver out of control book on its way..
Yep, same book I have. Same thin pages It's just a shame finding a scanner for it has proved so troubling. It's such as awkward size that most places don't have scanners big enough anymore.
- Daredevil Bandwagon
-
New Chapter status?
Nope. Not a one. Nor any hints as to when or if new ones will show up.
-
5 seconds for the megasmasher?
Probably an accurate assumption, give or take a second... Also possibly depending on the armors current energy reserves. All we do know is that when they open the chest plates to fire it, it does require a few seconds to fire.
-
Does Guyot still have the remover?
Nothing official has been said about it... But Apollyon did track Guyot down because Guyot may have something he wants... And it's not a Zoacrystal.
-
Final Stock Clearance Sale 1/6 Guyver Gigantic
Ugh, I had to e-mail to them to even get my tracking code. That being said, they did ship it right away, and my figures are in customs, so I should get them on Monday or Tuesday. Oh man, I cannot wait!