Figma Guyver 1 Ultimate Edition (formerly 2.0)

Matt Bellamy

Pre-order is up!

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/figma-guyver-1-ultimate-edition-10337

Just saw this image, and it seems to be legit. Guyver 1 is getting a what looks like, a completely new Figma release. Kind of makes sense when you compare the quality of the two Female Guyver 2's and Guyver 3... the original Guyver 1 Figma was pretty poor in comparison.

297286281_500890781841891_689041968378530108_n.thumb.jpg.b8a0a99e4d2007f861466485c03ccbd2.jpg

The two big difference seems to be the megasmasher area of the chest and the head. No longer has the figma joint sticking out like a sore thumb, but the additional ab piece has been removed. The head proportions also seem to be improved. Much smaller eyes than the original figma.

*EDIT*

Added more pics that were found on twitter.

FZcfEyjUsAEw1sy.thumb.jpg.8ca438a479f88392cdc576f2412b4ce0.jpg

FZcQaDGUsAAy3Wc.thumb.jpg.95d9aa39685b6eae6e66ee59fe54e5ca.jpg

FZcQX9SVUAA6Ns8.thumb.jpg.aa9ce0d5a9b84f013788a286e12e1042.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had missed the first Figma figures when they were released and about a month ago I saw them available on Aliexpress, I was thinking of getting the Guver I figure to start collecting them but then I noticed about this new version so I guess I'll wait for this one, I know it's unlikely, maybe we'll just get Guyver III and II-F re issues, but I would like to see  some other characters as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, it looks freakin' great!. I'll cross my fingers so that it's not the only Guyver based figure we see in the Figma line in the nearfuture, I'd die to see the gigantic units, Aptom, Guyot, and Imakarum get the Figma treatment as well.

Edited by Scarred92

On 12/3/2022 at 10:42 AM, Scarred92 said:

Man, it looks freakin' great!. I'll cross my fingers so that it's not the only Guyver based figure we see in the Figma line in the nearfuture, I'd die to see the gigantic units, Aptom, Guyot, and Imakarum get the Figma treatment as well.

It's really hard to say why we are getting any Guyver figures at all...

Looking back, a lot of us believe the main reason is because Max Watanabe, head of Max Factory has been a long time friend and supporter of Takaya and the series... I mean he practically started the business by making the original Guyver model kits.

Looking back, the original Guyver 1 figma was released in late 2014, when the manga was still ongoing, and going pretty strong. It was apparently was popular enough that they started developing Female Guyver 2 (late 2016 release) and Guyver 3 (mid 2017 release) after it proved to be popular enough... But it does take 2-3 years from start of development to release for these figures... And since the manga went on hiatus in April 2016, the figures were already well into completion, so they came out anyway.

The only reason I can see why the 2.0 figma Guyver 1 is coming, is for the 40th anniversary in 2025... Which if my prediction is correct, will come out mid/late 2024 just in time for the anniversary. It's also Figma #600, so it's also a milestone for Max Factory as well.

This is also on top of the 1/6th scale "Anniversary" figure(s) they have been showing off for a few years now.

Could this all be the work of the man in charge refusing to let his friends series die? Could very well be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Matt Bellamy changed the title to Figma Guyver 1 Ultimate Edition (formally 2.0)
5 hours ago, Bio-Boosted Dude said:

Wow I don't really have any interest in collecting figurines (not since buying the Guyver I BFC way back when) but those pictures look great and I am tempted. The sculpt and detailing look tight as hell. Will be interesting to see if it looks as good out in the wild.

Simply put dude, get it while it's retail :) You'll pay double on Ebay soon enough.

Got mine, the Good Smile store doesn't ship to my country so I get the regular version trough another e-tailer. I was afraid that the damaged alternate head was the exclusive accessory for the Good Smile store version but I'm glad to know that it is only a pedestal for the base.

Hopefully the sales of this new Guyver I Figma are substantial enough for the company to be encouraged to make more figures. I'd really love to see Aptom, Imakarum, Guyot and Archanphel get the Figma treatment too.

Edited by Scarred92
  • Like 1

• Matt Bellamy changed the title to Figma Guyver 1 Ultimate Edition (formerly 2.0)
On 3/24/2023 at 11:45 AM, Scarred92 said:

Got mine, the Good Smile store doesn't ship to my country so I get the regular version trough another e-tailer. I was afraid that the damaged alternate head was the exclusive accessory for the Good Smile store version but I'm glad to know that it is only a pedestal for the base.

Hopefully the sales of this new Guyver I Figma are substantial enough for the company to be encouraged to make more figures. I'd really love to see Aptom, Imakarum, Guyot and Archanphel get the Figma treatment too.

It's not a "damaged" head. The figure comes with the separate head and hand piece to recreate this classic image.

guyver.jpg.07ab0d2a5993d17f874efd219aca468a.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt Bellamy said:

It's not a "damaged" head. The figure comes with the separate head and hand piece to recreate this classic image.

guyver.jpg.07ab0d2a5993d17f874efd219aca468a.jpg

Uh, thank you very much for the correction...as if I didn't know that it was a reference to the cover beforehand. 🙄

PS: I'm going to keep referring to it as "damaged head" for practical purposes m'kay.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:26 PM, Scarred92 said:

Uh, thank you very much for the correction...as if I didn't know that it was a reference to the cover beforehand. 🙄

PS: I'm going to keep referring to it as "damaged head" for practical purposes m'kay.

Be careful with the sarcasm, m,kay. No one ever knows when someone doesn't or does know.

And expect you might be corrected again, because you are literally wrong.

M,kay.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:07 PM, PowerofGuyver said:

I bought 3 at AmiAmi. Why do I need 3 you ask? Because reasons.

I really really really hope this figure sells well enough to get us Oswald Guyver II and perhaps Guyver 0.

I bought 2 directly from the Goodsmile page, but I am not the type to keep figures in boxes. Always have to have one in the one smasher open with the blade out on the other arm... And the other can have the alt head/hand combo.

Nice comparison of all 3 figures (latest one in the centre).

Gonna be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the plastic shininess of this new release. The OG figure is still the best IMO. But it's great to see people are still willing to invest in Guyver. 

Guyver__2023-03__FigureReleases.jpg

Edited by MikeLNG