Everything posted by durendal
-
page: Zx-tole
I have wiki materials for Neo Zx-tole, but I was wondering if we should combine Zx-tole with Neo Zx tole considering that they were one and the same person. the question is do we combine them in a single page, or create another page for Neo Zx-tole. I would suggest we combine them in the single page. I just want to clarify our stand since we have a similar situation with Murakami/Imakarum.
-
page: Guyver
Looks like we need to do a lot of clean ups if we want to streamline all the pages. The main guyver page actually needs cleaning up. I've been doing some edits and still restraining myself as I'm not sure if what I envision of the guyver wiki would be the same as what you've envisioned. Like I mentioned previously, content is one of my weakest points, so I'm merely concentrating on formatting and copying from the Japanese wiki. I would even like to remove some redundant data, but I'm afraid that if I did that, it might prove offensive to the one who worked hard to create that page.
-
page: Zx-tole
I would like to suggest that there be three major sections. First is the brief description of the character, second would be the history and third would be the explanation of the abilities.
-
page: Guyver
Okay, reviving this. Browsing the list of pages for the guyver pages, I have found several redundant pages that were made. Some have similar content, but there are others that have different contents with both pages being relevant. An example would be the Gigantic armour page and the Guyver Gigantic. Both page have different content but are both relevant. I think we need to clean this up.
-
Naruto
For me the three main techniques are as already mentioned (ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu). Senjutsu is an elite technique that not everyone can perform. Just like the Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Summoning Technique). On the other hand, those three already mentioned are the three most basic techniques that any ordinary ninja should master. these were already mentioned at the start of the manga I think either during the academy days or during the chunin exams or somewhere in between. I remember this because they mentioned that Rock Lee, who lacks the other two techniques, makes up for this with his intensive taijutsu skills.
-
American Comics
Speaking of Spawn, what's been happening to Al Simmons lately? The last story I've read so far involves the grand parents of Simmons.
-
Full Metal Alchemist Season 2
Turns out, there are only 2 more episode of FMA: Brotherhood.
-
if you like naruto...
Haha. Of course you know I was only teasing you right? I for one have not been watching any anime as of late. Although I am following FMA: Brotherhood, I have not actually seen any of their latest episode. And that's probably the only anime I have seen this year so far. Oh wait, there's also Gundam Unicorn. but that's an OVA and not a TV series. Anyway, I do agree with your observations about the Toku scene. W isn't really something that got me hooked, and current sentai shows aren't really my cup of tea. Even the last decade movie was a let down. I'm not entirely sure about the quality of shows nowadays, but it's either they are badly made or I'm getting too old for this.
-
if you like naruto...
Could it be? Ryuki has finally stepped over the edge and became a... *gasp* Narutard?
-
if you like naruto...
Ouch, yeah, the Chimera, that was actually pretty sad, and yes, it's part of the story. But that is also the reason why the Elric Brothers have been pushing so hard with their quest. That is one incident that they could never forget. Although I think that they downplayed it in the new series. You might say that is also one of the "emotional value" of the series. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with the ending of the manga. The ending of the first series really left me with a "WTF" moment. With the way things are, it might take you a while to finish Dragonball. Because there are still a lot more story arcs to cover, like the Red Ribbon Army arc and more tournament battles, which I think there are 3 if I'm not mistaken.
-
if you like naruto...
Ryuki, the first FMA series were not exactly consistent with the manga, and several elements were changed. True, the first series was somewhat depressing, especially the ending. Additionally, they changed the story halfway that really degraded the story like . But I can guarantee that the second series FMA: Brotherhood is a lot better. For one thing, the new series includes the character Lin and a lot of characters that make the ensemble good. Sticks very closely to the manga. And lastly, seeing that the manga recently concluded, I'm pretty certain that the animation might near its end as well, so you won't be left hanging. With regards to Dragonball, what compels me to watch it was the development of Goku. Another interesting aspect of dragonball is that the fights are utterly unexpected. I mean there was a point during a match that a certain individual won because of a ridiculously funny reason. Of course these all depends on ones tastes.
-
if you like naruto...
By the way, just to add to what I said, you might not find the "emotional involvement" that you found in Naruto because Dragonball is basically an action anime and doesn't quite have the drama that are prevalent in current anime. The story concentrates more on the struggles of Goku and his development into adulthood as a martial artist.
-
if you like naruto...
I have seen the original dragonball and I did enjoy it, the pacing and the fights are very well animated. Although it gets tiring eventually (this is probably because I kept watching reruns over reruns of a same arc in local TV). The story does pick up in the tournament. You get to see how powerful the old perverted Roshi actually is.
-
Full Metal Alchemist Season 2
OMFG! The FMA manga just ended with Chapter 108. That means the animation will be heading to the same direction. And here I was worried that they would do a lot of those filler episodes just to keep the show from catching up with the manga.
-
Cool Videos
For those of you who are familiar with Saint Seiya, here's a nice transformers parody of the opening credits: And here is the original saint seiya opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px2zX-M2alQ
-
if you like naruto...
sorry durendal, I seem to have missed this part. I'm open to many different types of series. I've got a thing for some j-drama, enjoy series like densha otoko, ohitorisama, atashinchi no danshi, binbo danshi, zettai kareshi... I've never been able to get what moe really is, but I have watched and enjoyed mai hime, ouran host club, furuba, honey and clover, tenchi muyo, haruhi no suzumiya no yuutsu, ... are any of these moe? Ah, "Moe" is actually one of those shows with cutesy girls like K-on, or To heart. I won't consider any of those titles you mentioned as Moe, but more in the line of "adventures of a girl doing cute or hot things". It's not actually a genre, but more of a term used to denote a female character acting "hot", '"cute" or anything that would be attractive to men.
-
if you like naruto...
Ooh, that's right, Eether. Hokuto no Ken. That's another kickass series. What's not to love with a line "you're already dead", and boom the head explodes. It's really one of the long series with gratuitous violence. Considering that it was an 80's anime series, it's one of the pioneer series in the industry. Although you might not like the animation, the series is still good. Here's a funny clip for it: Like one of the comments said, in DBZ, it take goku 20 episode to kill someone, while on fist of the north star, when soneone see's Kenshiro, they're already dead. Cannon fodder fights are ridiculously short, while boss fights are epic.
-
if you like naruto...
I think that's just the first part you're watching because he was gathering his crew. As the series goes on, Luffy and the gang will face tougher and tougher opponents. Well, I can say that Luffy's naivete rivals that of Naruto, especially the determination. Just keep on watching, I wasn't that interested with One Piece at first, but as the story goes farther and farther, little did I know, I was already hooked. I guess it's the silliness that makes you think Pokemon.
-
if you like naruto...
No, Tenchi Muyo was originally created as an OVA. I believe that only Ryo-ohki is the only true Tenchi Muyo. Other spin off of the tenchi series and TV series was somewhat stale compared to the original. And if you want a series with hundreds of episodes, then you might want to check out Doraemon with 1787 episodes or Chibi Maruko chan with 757 episodes and still running!
-
if you like naruto...
By the way, might I add Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? Don't watch the first Full Metal Alchemist anime as it skewed somewhere along the middle and turned into something of a fiasco. The new series, FMA Brotherhood is completely faithful to the manga. Speaking of FMA, you might also want to check out Full Metal Panic. Even though it involves giant robots, it's main focus is on the character Sagara Sousuke, who is a 17 year old teen who grew up in the Afgan as a guerilla soldier, trying to fit in a normal japanese class. The funny part about this is that he goes to school carrying his glock and interprets a lot of common situation as a terorrist attack. Imagine the chaos it involves. But the series has a serious side as it also covers a much more deeper plot twist involving international espionage and terrorism.
-
if you like naruto...
Rurouni Kenshin would have been great if they followed the manga faithfully. Truthfully speaking, the best arc was the Kyoto Arc, after that, the Amakusa arc left me wondering what happened to RK, then later arcs are completely redundant. I only later realized that the Kyoto Arc was the last final cannon story in the Rurouni Kenshin anime. Even if they released the OVA to cover the rest of the manga, it was a disappointment as it didn't feature the most awesome scene involving Aoshi and Saitoh working together, as well as the clash between Kenshin's side and Enishi's henchies. Not to mention the manga also features Yahiko's development into becoming part of Kenshin's regular battle group. As for Yuyu Hakusho, it was completely faithful to the manga. But the story still centers around Yusuke, and only in the later arcs that the past of the other 2 (Hiei and Kurama) are explored. Although the story were unique at the time, Yuyu Hakusho has become the template for other stereotypical anime. I really can't comment of Heroic Age as I have never seen it. There is one anime that I remember loving. Fushigi Yuugi, or Mysterious Play as they translated it. Story is something like an Neverending Story where the Heroine got sucked into a book while her friend reads her adventures. For the later parts, it has many tear jerker moments, and is only one of the few anime that actually made me cry. Don't get the wrong impression as it is not a drama anime, but more of a comedy with some action mixed in. But the drama surfaced later as the story reached it climax. And yeah, Classic Dragonball was awesome. It's refreshing to see little Son Goku gets his ass kicked and actually use tactics during fights instead of the usual pissing contest. Don't get me started with Dragonball Z.
-
pc troubleshooting help
V guyver: No, I still haven't created a boot disk seeing that the DVD drive has problems. Also, I fail to see how useful a boot disk would be if I can just turn the drive into a slave and copy everything off it. Well, here we are again. After less than a month of usage and another problem has persisted. This time it doesn't show me a BSOD. Just a simple "error loading operating system" appears. I swear, I'm getting tired of fixing that damned PC. Anybody ever experienced this before? I'm inclined to think that the HD is going bad. With the bad clusters that happened previously, I won't be surprised if that would be the case. So my question, do I throw that HDD away and buy a new one, or do you think it's still salvageable?
-
if you like naruto...
Ah, but the fun part has not yet begun. One Piece is about the crew of the Straw Hats Pirate. What you have seen is just the captain, and not of the entire crew yet. Perhaps you're mind might change once you see Roronoa Zoro the Pirate Hunter that uses 3 swords or Sanji the Cook with a kickass kick. It's the silliness that's quite entertaining and makes it unpredictable. I was also skeptical when I first tried reading One Piece, but as I progressed with the story, I got drawn more and more until I got hooked. By the way, if you decide to watch One Piece, don't watch the funimation version as they cut out a large chunk of the series, sometimes omitting an entire episode.
-
if you like naruto...
I've seen the animation of One Piece and fortunately it does not suffer the same drawbacks as the other manga to anime conversions. Storywise, it is definitely faithful. Although I've not seen any of the One Piece fillers, I have heard that they are quite enjoyable. I have some more other anime recommendations, but I doubt you'll like them since most of them have something to do with giant robots. Also, are you open to other genre of anime like "Moe" (Mo-eh) or the sorts? It's somewhat hard to confine yourself to the genre that Naruto is in.
-
if you like naruto...
One Piece. Definitely One Piece. How can you go wrong with Japan's number 1 manga which a single volume selling 2 million copies?