Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

durendal

Member++
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by durendal

  1. Yes, tea leaves mostly have a richer flavor compared to tea bags. If you have the time and patience use tea leaves. If not, tea bags gives you the convenience of having tea instantly. In some genuine chinese restaurants, they have a huge menu for choices of tea and they will be the one to prepare it right in front of you. It also requires some special wares, like a small burner, pot etc and they have this specific way of pouring it.
  2. Oh that! And here I though you don't like spoiling yourself. hehehe. I'm still waiting to see how far that goes. Have to wait another week due to this weeks break.
  3. Yang Qi Han:
  4. Yang Qi Han in pink:
  5. Beautiful Yang Qi Han:
  6. Chrissie Chau:
  7. Some knockout picture os Chrissie Chau:
  8. You mean the Tarik? Very popular in Singapore and Malaysia which I also happen to like. It's something like a frothy milk tea.
  9. Nowadays, Iced tea served with Lemon are usually powdered. This is mostly popularized by Nestea's Lemon flavored Ice tea. I'd say that these kind of tea fall under the category of juices. Although I believe that tea should be traditionally served hot, there are new kind of tea brew being developed everyday. At the moment, I can still find some restaurant that serve authentic Milk Tea, that is regular tea served with milk, a brew that has some sort of a bitter sweetness to its flavoring. I don't fancy those bubble tea which is serve as chilled milk tea with tapioca.
  10. The cute Lin Ketong in pink: Lin Ketong endorsing soccer:
  11. Some few more shorts. Two men jogging together Guy 1: I'm a doctor. I jog because I'm HEALTH conscious Guy 2: I'm a thief, I'm WEALTH conscious Sex Object guy 1: You know, my new wife is a sex object! guy 2: Wow! You must have a gorgeous wife! guy 1: Not really, but everytime I wanted sex, she would always object. Canine Police: Why do we call big dogs K-9? Supt: Because if you call them K-10, they wouldn't be dogs anymore Police: what would they be? Supt: A small cat. Heaven and Hell Daughter: Mom, my boyfriend doesn't believe in Heaven or Hell. Mother: Don't worry, marry him and let him taste heaven, leave hell to me. A Husband asked his wife, "Honey, what do you like most in me, my handsome face or my sexy body?" The wife looked at him from head to toe and replied, "honey, I like your sense of humor" A guy picks up a girl for a date Guy: Why are you wearing your belt around your knee? Girl: I promised my Mom that I wouldn't let you touch me below my belt.
  12. That sounds awfully familiar. Didn't I post that in some other thread? hehehe. I intended it to be humorous, who knew that it would be thought provoking.
  13. Although it may not be my place to judge people on how they spell, but I absolutely hate wrong spelling and grammar. On a casual conversation like this, I may be tolerant but on formal conversation I absolutely abhore it. Sure changing light into lite are acceptable vernacular to other people, but not for me. I have a full set of keyboard and I intend to fully utilize it. Using laziness or ease to spell words are absolutely unforgiveable. This is usually the start of degradation. It may be logical to understand why people who have english as their second language are better at speaking them, mainly because they learn the language with a solid foundation using the most correct terms, spelling and grammar. Colloquial terms or "slang" are usually learned later when they already have a firmer grasp of the language. Instant Messaging and Text Message adds to the degradation of the language. With the current trend of how younglings speak, I fear the day that no adult would be able to spell correctly or use the correct grammar. Again, I will not condem the incorrect usage of English while we are discussing things here mainly because we are speaking casually. xep wen u spik lyk dis, then that's a completely different matter. I am merely pointing out that correct English usage should always be used during formal conversation. Just imagine when you are in a job interview and you spell words using slang, what kind of impression do you think this will give the employers? Absolute unprofessionalism.
  14. Based on my observation, American English tends to be more lax in terms of spelling. They use the term donuts more mainly because it is easier to spell. Since it is made of dough, I would say that the correct term is doughnut, but "donut" is also an accepted vernacular with the popularity of Dunkin' Donuts. The spelling "doughnut" is more widely used outside the US. Oh great. Now I'm craving donuts.
  15. Not many people are aware that "ghoti" may be pronounced as "fish". I myself has never heard of it before my high school teacher played us with it during class. This word may not sound like "fish", but its somewhat difficult to say 10 times fast: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
  16. Well, I'm done uploading all the new images for the Zaonoid page. Most of these came from the VDF and the other from the japanese raw that I previously acquired.
  17. Sometimes I find it difficult to understand other people due to their accent. Although I understand what they are saying, it takes me a moment to analyze what they were saying. I myself don't have an accent, even when I speak other languages, so it's not difficult for me to speak other languages. My Japanese instructor even commended me that I speak like a Japanese.
  18. Just a thought, I happen to find it amusing that the language is called English in general, but in the UK, it is what some people would call British English, when in fact, when you say English, you are denoting a Gentleman from England, which is ironically a part of the UK. Should there be then such a language that should be called Americanish? Also, when you name a certain language, you simply put -ese at the end the country's name? Like Chinese, Japanese, Porteugese, etc, why not Englese?
  19. Actually oriental language almost have the same grammar. Cantonese, Fookien and Mandarin all have the same grammar and only differ in pronunciation. Japanese sentence structure is also similar to them. So it is fairly easy for oriental people to learn of thier other counterparts language. Example, "my name": Ngo ge Meng - cantonese Wo de ming - mandarin Gwa eh mya - fookien Ore no Namae - Japanese see the pattern? But when it comes to learning english, they would have to reverse the way they construct sentences. This is mostly the predicament of most non-english speaking countries. But like Ryuki mentioned, there are some non-native english speakers that speak fluent english and is able to manipulate words. I think the reason for this is that they really study the language and how sentences are properly formed. Unlike for native speakers, they learn the language mostly by ear and sometimes accept colloquial phrases as the correct vernacular. And lastly, I also wonder how some people couldn't distinguish the usage of "its" and "it's".
  20. In this case, it would be much better if you can watch it yourself. But I will try to convey to you what happened. Although my description would contain events not necessarily neutral but based on how I see it. The event started out with the guy praying over another person. With a crowd slowly gathering in this guy, a few people approached and asked questions. Of course, the guy answered in return. The most notable question that I can remember is one boy asked why is "Christian better than muslim", and he asked this with a smirk on his face. And the question and answer continued with the people asking question in a sarcastic way. Minutes later, a few police officers arrived, asked the guy to come with him and handcuffs him. All of this happend in a casual way, no shouting, no violence, no sharp reaction. Only notable points about this is the hidden contempt on the faces of the crowd. Just to add my two cents, if the crowd was trully interested in learning what was being preached, they wouldn't have that scornful smile on their faces.
  21. Hell knows why indeed. The file size was a mere 214kb, practically the same size as that of Kabrals. I guess it was the software not being able to handle a wider resolution.
  22. Almost everyone who speaks the english language has only a grasp of the surface. If English is such an easy language, there wouldn't be such profession as an English professor. For every language, there are levels of complication. Language is not only limited to grammar, but also vocabulary and articulation. I'm afraid that colloquialism has far buried the intricacies and complexity of the english language. Using the sample of lend and borrow, lend is used when the owner initiates the action of lending, while borrow is used when the borrower wishes the owner to lend his property. But I'm sure many will not notice the difference of these words. Sad to say, the current usage of english can be compared to how the net uses leet speak. It is especially annoying wen u spk lyk dis. This is mostly common on mobile phone text message. I'm afraid with the advent of wireless and online communication, peoples ability to express themselves have made them lazy in using much more complicated terms, and only concern themselves in the expression using much simpler dialog. I would also admit that without this board, my ability to speak in english might be hampered, as english is not widely used in a daily conversation from where I come from.
  23. I've re-uploaded the image in the office since I have a much stronger connection. But it looks like the results were the same. All it showed was a blank white page. So I was thinking it was probably the size and resolution. Since I reduced the image size by 25%, it worked. May I inquire as to what is the maximum size or resolution the wiki allows? The original image I tried to upload had a resolution of 1154 x 1938 versus the 866 x 1454 that I just uploaded.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.