Everything posted by durendal
-
Spider-Man Reboot
As they say, better late than never. I just saw this movie the other day, and I must say, I'm quite satisfied with how Peter Parker was portrayed. Although I was a little disappointed at how Peter "lost" his uncle ben. I felt that it wasn't powerful enough set him straight. Still, I was happy at how it was presented. So.... is Marvel still Pro-Gwen or Pro-Mary Jane? Haven't been ready much of the spidey comics lately and I'm afraid I'm no longer up to date with his status.
-
Guyver costume!
Wow, I can't believe I missed this. Nice costume. You actually beat me to doing one for myself. I was actually planning to creating a Gigantic costume, but time constraints prevented me from doing so. But still, it's nice to see someone actually done it. Although there has been others who've been doing Guyver Customes, I have to say that this one is one of the better costumes that I've seen.
-
Guyver December 2012
I was actually waiting for the japanese scans for these. You know how many times I've iterated that I hate translating from chinese scans. But if you guys want to me I would, but be warned that this will be coming from second hand translations. If there is something wrong with the Chinese translations, I wouldn't know.
-
Guyver December 2012
And to think she is still attending college at that!
-
Guyver Solution - Guyver Manga
Or alternately, they could just browse the wiki section in this site, which has the complete information, as well as the chapters themselves being housed in the same site. The wiki is a work in progress and everyone can freely modify the contents to update the information.
-
Music Video Thread
This is currently a popular song, a fad, that it's on the brink of annoying. But you have to admit, it's kinda catchy. Gangnam Style: You can't go wrong with 500 million views. And here's the sexy dance for the song:
-
Robocop Reboot
I think that the only good time to make a reboot is if some asinine director messed up the previous movie and killed the franchise (yes, I'm talking about Joel Schumacker). For Robocop, I think it is a good time to remake the movie, since the last robocop movie wasn't really that good. Crap in fact. If only they followed the script of Frank Miller. You can't continue a bad sequel, so the only route is to make a reboot.
-
Guyver November 2012
Page 887 big text: Inside the great nature where Cronos' control does not reach Page 888 p1. box: United States of America, Colorado p2. box: Headquarters of the resistance "Zeus' Thunderbolt" box right: Guyver III, returning to his base Page 889 p2. box: "Impact Tail" at the back of the head repaired p3. box: Similarly, the cut-off left arm regenerated Page 890 p1. balloon: ...alright p4. box 1: this looks like "as before" box 2: but took on a lot of damage p5. box: Using the "reprocessing" as a medical treatment p6. box: It would require at least one week Page 891 p1. box: With this her life span would once again.... Page 892 p2. balloon: Grizelda? p3. balloon 1: Is your body fine already balloon 2: Yes thank you for asking p4. balloon 1: um balloon 2: Where is Agito-sama...? Page 893 p1. balloon: Boss would be at the cemetery balloon 2: cemetery? p2. balloon: I will lead you there p3. balloon 1: After boss returned he immediately went to work balloon 2: All those comrades who have fallen are balloon 3: laid there to rest p5. balloon: ...I'm sorry Page 894 p1. balloon 1: once again.... a lot of our comrades has died balloon 2: because of my incompetency p2. balloon: .... p3. balloon 1: I think everyone is satisfied balloon 2: being able to fight under your command p4. balloon: but that is... p5. balloon: because you are "superior processed" than us? Page 895 p1. balloon 1: It is true that us Libertus will obey your command... balloon 2: having the fate in our DNA with "absolute obedience" p2. balloon: but that is something that we chose for ourselves p3. balloon 1: It was by our own will balloon 2: believing in you and boss... p4. balloon: it is just ahead please excuse me... Page 896-897 no text Page 898 p1. balloon 1: Agito sama balloon 2: Shizu p2. balloon 1: Is your body alright now? balloon 2: Yes p4. balloon 1: this grave... balloon 2: is it grand fathers? balloon 3: yes p5. balloon 1: Hayami and the others too balloon 2: I discussed this with Fukamachi and have them transferred here because Odagiri mansion was burned down p6. balloon: Odagiri mansion... Page 899 p2. balloon: this is....!? p3. balloon: Mizuki, Tetsuro-san p4. balloon 1: Stop it Shou!! balloon 2: The two of them are no longer Page 900 p1. balloon 1: they were taken away balloon 2: by that guy "Apollon" balloon 3: ? p3. balloon: everything.... is my fault p4. balloon: Guyot.... p5. balloon 1: Already knew about Odagiri mansion before It was just a matter of time before he attacks balloon 2: So if Makishima-san hadn't come, and he chose to come here at a time where I'm not here... Page 901 p1. balloon 1: And that mysterious "Apollon" Even if I was here to face him I wouldn't know what to do balloon 2: He was an opponent who was much stronger than Aptom p2. text: Fukamachi... p3. balloon: ...but!! p4. balloon 1: I'm sorry balloon 2: It was not Makishima-san's fault I know this much p5. balloon 1: But right now balloon 2: I still have to sort out my feelings right now... Page 902 p1. balloon: Agito-sama p2. box: Even then Agito is.... box 2: Bioboost Armor Guyver - continues in December issue
-
Guyver November 2012
Wow, Chinese scans. This might be a good source for the scanlated version. I'm going to use the Japanese scans instead of closer translations.
-
Guyver November 2012
Well, it doesn't say in this chapter. Since brother justin has hinted in passing off the translation, allow me to get back with the translations later. I don't have the raw with me at the moment.
-
isolation is not good
Quite correct in your assessment that isolation is not good. This is also synonymous to the phrase "no man is an island". It's probably best to delegate some of the site responsibilities to other people. It would really be difficult for you if you handle every single aspect of the site by yourself. What makes a project successful is the collective thinking of all it's members as well as the collective effort to make one great result. Look at how we do the guyver manga then and now. Then we had people doing certain bits and pieces of the manga and it comes together great. But now, we have a first edition, an advocacy version or any duplicate version of the same thing simply because one version is not compatible with the previous version. It's this kind of process that frustrates everyone. I can imagine Amika being frustrated in translating the chinese scans when I translate the same chapter from the japanese scans.
-
What live-action series are you watching or have you watched?
I've just finished watching Hotaru no Hikari. It's about a dried up woman who is sharing her lodging with her boss. It's pretty funny. Here's the only decent trailer that I found:
-
Guyver November 2012
Shou gave permission to Agito to take the remains of Hayami into Colorado, including that of Yohei's (Shizu's grandpa). Also, Shou is telling Agito that it was not his fault, Guyot knew about Odagiri mansion, so they will eventually come sooner or later. Good luck Ryuki.
-
What makes werewolves transform?
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I've not heard of the word "tuppence" before, but a quick google search resulted me the following definition: Two pence or Pennies. Now what part of the body could that be? hehehehe. Okay, I'm shallow, so sue me.
-
please help me apply for JET programme.
What is your interest in going to Japan and what would be your purpose in staying for long a period?
-
can I get feedback on my website please?
Ah, I see that you're posting your resume online. I can't say much about the design of the site since my taste in creativity is very dense. But keeping it simple is a nice touch and very effective. It's also a nice touch to have individual tabs showcasing certain skills. But to be completely honest, your first page doesn't contain enough significant information that would prompt me to hire you. I won't have the luxury of time to navigate your site to check out your capabilities. Most likely, I will just look at your "about" page and decide from there. You might want to include more of your accomplishments. Building a website with a massive community from a small website is a very nice touch. You should add information similar to those. Something that you can boast about, since you are actually selling yourself. Have you done work that was featured somewhere? The key words here is to "impress". Also, try to limit the information about your skill set in the about page, since practically anybody who can go online will most likely have the same skill set you have or more. You may mention a few then add a phrase that goes something like "and other technical programs". I think a separate tab would fit nicely for listing all your skills. I'm surprised you did not mention your skill in language. Ability to speak several language is a great plus, especially for multi-national corporations. Not to brag here, but when I was first interviewed by the COO of the company many years back, I literally "wowed" them with my language skills.
-
Your opinion on the Yui Ichikawa thread
Like I said before, I don't see anything wrong with the thread. If it bothers me, I can't see why I couldn't simply ignore it. I post as I please in this board and it will definitely bother me if another person tell me to stop posting something that I find harmless. I will actually feel oppressed by that. The guy seems to have a fixation for a certain personality. So what? There are only a few of us left here who are actually posting stuff. Would we want to reduce it further? So unless he starts posting buck naked pictures that shows female genitilia, I say we leave the thread as is.
-
Naruto
So all this time that we thought Obito and Kakashi share a good bond, Obito actually has resentment towards Kakashi? i don't get it, if he had resentment towards Kakashi, why give him his Sharingan? Unless he has other plans. This opened up a lot of questions that needs to be answered. I think it's going to be an explanation chapter next week. I feel a flashback story arc coming. With what I've read with the recent chapter, it looks like Obito and Kakashi has a similar relationship like that of Naruto and Sasuke, only that their fates were reversed.
-
Naruto
OH......MY....GOD!! One whole chapter just to reveal the identity of Tobi! OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!
-
Naruto
Lols! That's actually pretty funny.
-
Choice for phones
The phone I got was the curve 9360. I got it last June for $380. I just learned that RIM released the Blackberry Curve 9320, with the exception of the camera and resolution, has the exact same specification as the 9360, but only priced at $280. In fact, the 9320 has better battery life. Now I feel like hitting myself in the head. Why does this happen to me every time? The phone I chose is always either phased out immediately or has a better version that comes out.
-
Funny things around the web
I really found this article hilarious about a man biting a snake out of revenge. Man Bites Snake to Death in Revenge A Nepali man who was bitten by a cobra snake subsequently bit the snake to death, a local newspaper reported on Thursday (Aug. 23). After being bitten by the snake, while he was working in his rice paddy on Tuesday, 55-year-old Mohamed Salmo Miya chased the snake, caught it and bit it until it died, the Annapurna Postreported, according to Reuters. "I could have killed it with a stick but bit it with my teeth instead because I was angry," Miya was quoted as saying. Miya, who lives in a village some 125 miles (200 kilometers) southeast of the Nepali capital of Kathmandu, was receiving treatment at a village health post at the time of the news report and was not in danger of dying from his snakebite. He will not be charged with killing the snake, a local police official said, because cobras (called "goman" in Nepal) are not listed as endangered in the country. In short, a snake has died of manbite. Original article can be seen here: http://news.yahoo.com/man-bites-snake-death-revenge-154835399.html
-
Where do you spend most of your time Online and why?
gsmarena dot com crackberry dot com mangareader dot net inquirer dot net That pretty much sums up my online habits. It's either I read the news or read manga. I do pop in here once in a while when I get enough free time. Man, I really need to find some time to do my vices. I mean 2 good movies already passed me by and there's probably another one that's gonna pass me again.
-
Spider-Man Reboot
Huhuhu! I never got to see this movie. So it's either I wait for the official DVD release, or I see this via unofficial "seedy" sources.
-
The Avengers
I did find the way Hulk manhandling Loki quite funny. And to add insult to injury, the phrase "puny god" is the icing on top. Another favorite of mine was when Thor was defending Loki as his brother, then immediately proclaiming him as adopted. You know, Hulk seems to have very little dialogue, but his actions add more to the comedic touch of the whole movie. And oh yeah, this one time when Cap was giving instructions to the avengers, he says to Hulk: "Hulk... smash!"