Everything posted by durendal
-
RDJ as Doom?
If that's desperation, does that mean they don't trust Ryan Reynolds? Like Deadpool said, he is Marvel Jesus, and his movie just revived the MCU. In just 3 days, his movie already exceeded the entire box office run of the previous Marvel movie. It's not superhero fatigue, it's just poor writing. So no matter who they cast as Doom, as long as they present it to be palatable to the fans, I'm sure it will be a success. And unlike other villains, I actually respect Doom and rooting for him.
-
RDJ as Doom?
Haha, Tropic Thunder. I still don't understand why people are so offended by this. It's a fricking parody. In any case, I'm sure RDJ will do a great job, like he said there, he's a dude playing a dude that's playing another dude. But I certainly wish that Marvel is trolling us, because it would have been dope if Cillian Murphy was cast as Doom instead and simply using the bait and switch with RDJ. Doom and Stark did have a history in the comics where they switched roles, so maybe that's where this is going?
-
RDJ as Doom?
Just saw the news that RDJ is going to be Doom in the 2 avengers movie. What do you guys think about RDJ playing Doom? I for one would prefer they cast an unknown for the role. I mean, I don't hate RDJ, he's actually a very good actor, he really deserves that Oscar. But I see this as a wasted opportunity. Not to mention that RDJ has a hefty price tag. I know that Marvel's casting has always been spot on, but this just doesn't feel right. I feel that this is a big risk to RDJ. He is a big draw for audiences, but if the movie fizzles, that's going to hurt his career more (as if he still needs that with all that money he has).
-
Deadpool 3 (Spoiler Warning!)
Hey! Saw this over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. Cameos galore. Ryan Reynold's didn't pull any punches and really put in a lot of fan service.
-
Ranma 1/2 Remake
This is a bit part of my childhood, and them bringing back the whole cast, and I mean the original voice actors, like Megumi Hayashibara and Inoue Kikuko, is just so great! Hopefully this time they were able to finish the whole story.
-
Ranma 1/2 Remake
- Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths
What? Part 3 is already out? I haven't even watched part 2 yet.- Deadpool 3 (Spoiler Warning!)
Really can't unsee this. Ketchup and Mustard! Genius marketing indeed.- Captain America: Brave New World
This feels... different. I just hope they have a very compelling story for this, as I have to admit, I'm not a fan of Sam Wilson as Cap. I'm in more favor of Bucky being the next Cap, which they completely skipped.- Canniblog
- NieR:Automata Ver1.1A
Season 2 is about to start. I wonder up to which ending this season will reach.- NieR:Automata Ver1.1A
- Deadpool 3 (Spoiler Warning!)
Three weeks to go! I have a very strong feeling that we're all being trolled by all these trailers.- Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths
Yeah, just saw the trailer. Everyone seems to be very hyped about Terry Mcginnis. I did notice that the Flash is missing. I haven't actually read the whole Crisis on Infinite Earth (since I can't find a copy and couldn't be bothered to look for it), but I do know the gist of it and the Flash is central to the story and heavily influences his own origin. I actually saw the first part and it's a bit underwhelming for me. There were some touching moments, but overall, I still feel something missing.- Marvel Animation's X-Men '97
Wow! They retained the animation style but it's now crisper. Perhaps this is their piece to go head to head with DC Animation, who has been faring better than their contemporaries. Interesting to see where the story leads to.- Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
I fear that this movie may be riding on the success of its predecessor and might not be able to hold its own. Everybody wants to go on the Cinematic Universe Franchise that most of the time it feels forced.- Deadpool 3 (Spoiler Warning!)
Haha! Marvel Jesus! Now that Ryan Reynolds have a lot more material to work with, who knows where this will take us.- Do you drive stick?
Well I do think that for casual drivers, automatic would be the preferred choice of the majority. But for motorsports enthusiasts, I would guess they would prefer to drive Manual. There is just this satisfying feeling of control on how you rev the engine. Especially for racing drivers, they need a certain amount of precision in gear ratio to exact accurate control of the speed especially when turning corners. I'm very sure that it's very difficult to drift using an automatic transmission.- Do you drive stick?
From where I come from, this question is rather strange, as I grew up in a place where manual transmission is a standard, and automatic transmission are more geared towards luxury vehicles. I learned to drive using stick shift, and have been driving so almost half my life. Of course right now I drive a CVT because of issues with my knee. Not to mention this is a godsend during hour long traffic jams. There are less vehicles coming out now with manual transmission. So, I was wondering, in your part of the world, what type of transmission are most commonly used? And what would be your preference?- Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths
Batman won't be the same for me without the epic voice of Kevin Conroy.- Canniblog
- Godzilla Vs. Megalon 2023
Wow! This is cool! First time I've seen Godzilla do a drop kick! I like the way how agile they made the Kaiju fight.- The Awesome Figures Thread
At last, something to contribute to. I recently managed to get my hands on this: I've been looking for this for quite some time now.- concerned about site activity
I'm actually very guilty of necroposting. If the information posted is relevant and would spark new discussion, I don't think it's a bad thing. There's a balance between reviving an old topic or creating a new duplicate one. So it's up to the administrator to determine how rigid they should enforce the policies. For one thing, I don't think I've ever seen any forum policies posted in these parts, which I also don't think is necessary at the moment as we've been conducting discussions and observing the common courtesy.- Hey kids, comics!
Ooh! Operation Galactic Storm. I have that. Well, part of it anyway. Mostly the Captain America chapters. I'll try to see if I can still dig up my Captain America 400. - Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths