Everything posted by Matt Bellamy
-
Barack Hussein Obama
I woulda caught this sooner, but I've been sick for the last 6 days, and it's been taking it's toll on me >_< Just to clear soemthing up, I am STILL very against political/religious threads on ANY forum I run. But as James said, we're giving it a bit of a shot, so the new guidlines can be better defined. But of course, as Admin, we have the power to change any rules we make, at anytime. So we may allow it for now... but that could change in an hour depending on posts by members. ( that being said, Religious topics will be watched more, since they are usually the worst out of the two topics) For example. See how easy they can pop up? This post is one of those that can, and will get a topic locked in the future. It isn't a well thought out political question about the topic at hand, nor is it even respectful to the people in question. This the internet folks. We are very much an international forum. We will NOT tolerate such ignorent, and plainly stupid questions like this. This is why topics like this weren't allowed before. Remember, this forum is based on a Fanfiction of an Anime/Manga. Nothing more. We allow disscussion of outside topics, to promote community... but as soon as it becomes "Anti-fun", it's done. Now to "answer" the question... To put it bluntly, I don't have a problem with any Nation, or race. I have problems with specific PEOPLE from certain countries and races... but anyone who lables an entire country, or the entire people of said country, just proves how ignorent they are of world events, and should not be posting in such topics to begin with. But back on topic now folks. Will made this a topic about possible upcoming Presidential cannidate Barack Hussein Obama.
-
New TV
I just thought I'd share the new addition to my family. Samsung 56" DLP LCD projection HDTV Granted, it isn't plasma, or "true" LCD, but with an HD source it still looks bloody amazing... and the fact that it's freaking HUGE doesn't hurt either. That and there was no way I was going to get a 56" plasma or LCD TV plus TCV stand for $1900 Canadian.
-
Guyver Yu-gi-oh card
Making the Guyver an actual monster card, is something I considered in the past, but I thought of a better way around it. ------------------------- name: Guyver Unit/Control Unit Type: Spell/Equip This card can only be equipped to warrior type monsters. When this card is equipped to a Warrior type monster, increase the Atk and DEF of that monster by 1000. If this card is destroyed, the equipped monster is also destroyed. -------------------------- I made a whole lot of custom cards for an online Yu-Gi-Oh program in the past... but they removed that program from the future releases.
-
Halo Novels
Anybody else here read them? I've bought and read all 4 ( just finished the newest), and loved them emensely. For those of you who may not know, there are now 4 novels, which are considered mostly canon by Bungie, based on the Halo universe. Fall of Reach - The first book, which predates the first Halo game. It mainly revolves around the recruitment, training, and lives of the Spartans from when they were 6 years old, up to the point just before the game begins. It's my favorite of the books, as it delves deep into the Spartans training, and explains just how powerful they are... and how vulnerable they can be. Plus, it shows the important fact that, Master Chief, John - 117, is NOT the only living Spartan during the time of Halo, just the only active one on the ring world. The Flood - The Second book, which is a more indepth adaptation of the first game. It takes a look at the other Marine forces on the ring, and as well shows that, while you playing as the Master Chief can make it look easy... it wasn't a cake walk for him by any means. Even if you beat the game, this book is a must read. First Strike - The third book starts rigth after the end of the second book, and the end of the first game. It chronicles how the Master Chief, Sgt. Johnson, and other survived the destruction of the first ring world, and how they eventually made it back to Earth. Taking a step back into the unknown parts of Halo's story, we again have the Master Chief, this time again aided by a few more Spartans, who if you read the first book, you will instantly recognise. Highly recommended that you read the first book, and at least have read the second, or played through the Game. This book also shows that, it could have been very possible that two Spartans could have been on the Ring World, if they had recovered the right life boats/cryo pods. Making Co-Op mode seem a bit more realistic. Ghosts of Onyx - The forth, and newest book. This one jumps around time a bit, but the main part of the story happens during Halo 2. The first half however, mainly revolves around Spartan - 051, Kurt. Who has his death faked ( not his choice) so that he could help train the next generation of Spartans. On the cover of the book, you see three armored Spartans. 1 in the old MJILNOR armor from the first game (could be MkIV or V), 1 in the Mark VI, and a new one. The new one is the SPI armor the Spartan III's wear. They have no evergy shields, but chameleon like cloaking systems. Appearently, the higher ups were not impressed with the costs of the MK IV's - Mark VI's. Familiar faces from "Fall of Reach" return, as well as familiar Spartans. I won't go into too much details on it, as it is still fairly new, and appearently some places have had a hard time gettng it in ( like here). I have to say though... these books are must reads for Halo fans. the last 3 even show some Covanent story plots, which although minor, give you a feel for both sides of the fighting, kinda like what Halo 2 did with the Arbiter. Having just finished Ghosts of Onyx, makes me even more ansty to play Halo 3.
-
Got the new Guyver DVD....
Of course, remember, we didn't get the first season because Japan. It was ADV US that actually pushed for it. Which is also why they are promoting it so hard for the Region 1 DVD release. Since it's practically their baby. Not to say that it wasn't popular in Japan when it aired though. It definatly seemed to be that way too.
-
Got the new Guyver DVD....
Things to note about the DVD's - It is going to be 7 volumes. - Vol 2 does not have a tech manual like Vol 1 does. However as mentioned, it's not surprising since the first book covered the first 2 volumes. Chances are Volume 3 will have one, but nothing is confirmed at this time. - Some animation flaws in the original broadcast have been fixed for the DVD release. ( most noteworthy is the openign hadno shading in some parts in earlier episodes. This is now fixed on the DVD.) - It rocks. Oh yes, it does. Just don't watch the "Fan" Commentary. The two guys they have on it are morons who barely even know what they are talking about.
-
The Warrior Guyver
The WG fic, for the most part, has fallen to the level of what I will call "DBZ Syndrome" Don't get me wrong, I know other series have done it in the past, but DBZ is the most well known to have done it. " When you get too powerful for your enemies, your enemies will get more powerful than you." Thus, you can see the vicious circle of doom, that leads to a 25x Guyver by the name of Dreadnought. IMO the Guyver story is supposed to have an ending. And one possibly coming soon. The Gigantic is the most powerful character we are probably going to see ( save for maybe Alkanphel). Once the Zoalords ect... are all dead, they aren't going to be replaced, or revived. This is of course where the Fan Fiction starts to really turn away from it's roots. Something, that when more Chronicles comes out, should hopfully be fixed.
-
This means War!!!
I was kinda hoping that we'd not have these kinds of problems so early in the attempted ressurection... But if I must, I must. Topic locked. We are not trying to be a rival with any other sites. As I have said, " Guyver Fandom is Guyver Fandom, and any Guyver fandom is good." Zeptha/Riven, if for some reason you want your old account back, just PM me and I can get it back under your control.
-
Should this forum be merged with the general forum?
How about talking to the admin before posting a poll like this? In the end, we have the final say... and I'll put it this way... it's a useless poll Just because it's not getting many posts right now, doesn't mean that it won't in the future. Just look at other parts of the forum, and see that they have barely been posted in at all. No, for now, the forums are going to remain as they are.
-
This means War!!!
Not to mention they have actually translated most of the manga that has been released. They offer both chapter by chapter synopsis on the site, on site reading of scanlations, as well as downloading the scanlations IF you own the volumes to be able to answer the question to open the zip file. They've definatly contributed to the Guyver community, in ways we never could. Which is why, as Will said, we're not going to compete, but instead focus on what we already are. Fan Fics, Fan Art and other fan works.
-
This means War!!!
Regarding TheGuyver.net and WarriorGuyver.com The truth of the matter is, due to mis-management around here, a lot of members felt that they needed to leave, and start their own thing. I remember back when it started, it basically only had it's few loyal fans, and even I didn't sign up until the Hacker incidents started to plague the forums. But again, with mismanagement, and then, the Hacker situation here, a lot of people moved onto their site which was also being regularily updated. Thus their site flourished, while ours remained stagnent, since we really burned ourselves out. But, changes are on the horizon, and the crusty burnt exteriors are starting to crumble away to reveal new, exciting things. Despite that fact that both James and I are mods on theguyver.net, it will not interfear with our updates for this site, when they are finished. The only reason we are mods over there, is due to the fact Admin respect our opinions, and more than once have we helped out each other. For instance, Drag-5, if you didn't know, is Admin and creator of theguyver.net, and yet, still retains mod status on these forums. And for the most part, the Admin of WG.com are actually friends with the Admin of theguyver.net, and talk regularily via instant messagers. It's because we are all Guyver FANS. The Guyver community has always been too close knit to have two important fandom sites be at war. We are fans. We go where the discussion is. It's as simple as that. And we cannot forget that fact. The recent activity here proves that there is still life here, and I for one will work that much harder, knowing that there are still ACTIVE people that want to see more of our work, and want to see this site live. 2007 will see the rebirth of WarriorGuyver.com. New Management, new material, and new features, are all on their way.
-
The Warrior Guyver
WGC's Hyper Smashers will still work the same way as normal, like the Gigantics. The biggest difference is that WGC doesn't have the same type of gravity controller that a normal WG has. Instead, like a Gigantic, he has 3 normal ones, instead of the uber powerful single pyramid style. In theory, because of the HSL that he also does have, the Hyper Smashers wouldn't drain him physically, but charging of the Hyper Smashers would require more time, and the firing time is less that a WG, but slightly more than a Gigantic. It's kinda like running a high reasource program on a computer that doesn't have the processing power to make it run 100% smoothly. The 3 "Gravity Orbs" cannot process the energy as efficient as the true WG's. There isn't too much of a difference overall, but if used side by side in comparison, there would be.
-
What's in the future?
What's going to happen in the future? Usually the future does. But enough sidestepping the facts. I can't personally speak for the main fic, since the main writer is now gone, and it's being picked up by James... but I have a currently unfinished fic, that definatly isn't ending anything. Getting back into writing after such a long peroid of time without doing anything, is tough, but it is coming back. Recent events have gotten me more excited about working on things again, and hopfully it sticks.
-
This means War!!!
You know it's pretty bad when both Zeo1234 and I are on the moderation staff over there... It appears that there isn't enough Guyver fandom for two forums. Especially when one site doesn't seem to update at all anymore...
-
Greetings All, I'm back
Welcome back Dave! I was first surprised to even see your suit at some cons, only to hear that your ADV's newest Guyver pimp!?! Very cool indeed. It's really just a shame that WG.com isn't what it used to be. From spammers, to hackers, to key members up and leaving/dissapearing, we're at the very least, still alive...
-
ADV Guyver Fan-Art contest
Unlikely. Very unlikely. First of all, Brian/Sully doesn't even come here anymore, let alone work on anything new. Plus his art really wouldn't be within the acceptable ranges. Personally, I WILL try my luck, and do a piece for it... but since it's far too early to commit to anything, without hearing the guidlines for the contest. That being said, I am not holding my breath. I am very jaded when it comes to contests, especially official ones. Most of the time they lower their judging standards, and the more "professional" looking pieces get thrown aside, for some "crappier" pictures, from more "normal" artists. I remember the Tekkaman Blade 2 DVD from Urban Vision from loooong ago... that was a big upset, because most of the works on there that won, suck so badly >_> I swear, if even 1 traced/copied piece of work wins, I am giving up on original art for good, and I will start tracing/copying everything I do.
-
Guver the BioBoosted Armor Ep 1 on IGN for FREE
Kind of a weird thing on part of ADV... but they really seem to be pushing to get the new Guyver anime some exposure, like it's the new "flagship" title of ADV. Could also be because ADV-US had a big part in the new series creation. The official website is also up! http://www.guyvertv.com That's TODAY folks. If your the least bit interested, go check it out. Chances are, it will be the dub that is available, but something is better than nothing, right? http://media.tv.ign.com/media/856/856215/vids_1.html Go, watch the dub! And see how they fixed the shading of Guyver 1 in the opening!
-
I want mod rights back!
Whoops! When I was pruning the different mod user groups, looks like you lost your powers. Should be fixed now.
-
Is Warrior Guyver dead
Not dead, but comatose like state... perhaps =P But we are due to wake up sooner or later. Fic wise, maybe not as much, but definatly some new art on it's way. Oh, and I removed the image from your sig... I know the rules thread isn't there anymore, but we still don't allow signature pics ( you're not in any trouble though)
-
Matt, draw more Guyvers... Please.
Sorry, I keep forgetting that people actually still post here. As for drawing... hard to say when I will do my next Guyver drawing. I hadn't touched a pencil in months since last night ( and it wasn't a Guyver pic I did). But I have done a couple Paintchat pics using my tablet... Those all can be found on my Deviantart account. http://guyverc.deviantart.com I'll try and do something Guyver soon. Really... honest...
-
Guyver - The Bio-Boosted Armor Annoucement
New Guyver news from Otakon! Kinda intresting how they are handling it... definatly a new way of doing things. A definatly i nteresting way to try and bring in new fans. And I for one am glad they are doing it first with the Guyver. Information in the first post has been updated.
-
Israel
The Word of Admin Yeah, although we are being much more lax with the "rules" ( which sadly, seem to have dissapeared), I still would like to keep away from politics on the forums. Especially since the members on here are international, and views can vary greatly from country to country.
-
Guyver 89 art
In the end, the fact of the matter is, these pics weren't traced, mearly copied. Copying I have a VERY much less problem with, than tracing. That being said, only parts of the images were copied, and in the case of his one character that was based off of Prometheus, he even got the idea for the shoulder design wrong . So in this case, it comes awfully close to the former pics being used mearly as "reference". Granted however, Guyver 89, next time you post a pic that you took references from, and ones that are easy to tell, just name the source you picked it up from. Because, although the design may be altered, not stating your source, is almost like going to someplace that knows nothing of the guyver and saying " Hey look, I created this thing called Guyver...", when it's just a fan made image. I mean, it's clear you're drawing them with your own two hands, and people need somewhere to start. Hell, I traced like crazy for about a month or two until I could figure out the proportions... and I still had trouble with them for a while after I stopped ( mind you, NONE of these designs were ever scanned ), and nowadays I can pick up and draw and original Guyver in mear minutes. Just try your best, and remember that, if you use someone elses designs s a base for your images, just state that somewhere in your post, and it should be fine.
-
Some new Guyver art
Yes, but calling something "retarded" isn't an opinion. It's an insult. There are much better ways to comment or critique a picture.
-
WTF
Pretty much what Largo said. 6 years ago, I was young, and had nothing better to do. But I have a thing called a job, and responsibilities now. Not to mention other hobbies. Guyver is still important to me, but the site, and the situation currently isn't a top priority. And we can't be "friends" with every member on the site. I only keep my closer friends on MSN/AIM ect... I am online most evenings, but handling other matters.