Website Update Thread

Sully

OP NOTE: For those that are not aware. Japan-Legend.com is now managed by the WarriorGuyver.com staff. Our goal isn't to see Japan Legend fade away which it could have easily done last year but to continue keeping it up and running, host it and to fix issues with the site and to see it grow. This thread is for Japan Legend members to basically see what it is we're currently working on. It's not always going to be Japan Legend, but you'll know from looking here what it is that is currently confusing the hell out of me or keeping others busy.

http://warriorguyver.com/creditsfaq/update_full.htmIs the URL where all website updates will be mentioned. 

12/01/2016

I've being really busy the last month getting two of the web pages in WarriorGuyver.com fixed up and updated. Great War of the Guyvers has for a long time needed repair work as you couldn't read the fan-fictions wrote on it. Warrior Guyver Fan-Fiction had two menu systems for awhile and needed to be finally fixed up so it only had the one. Updating that amount of HTML files takes a VERY long time and has pretty much used up all the free time I've had lately. But it's done now and I'm happy with the end results.

My goal now is to get Japan Legend's Wiki and the vault sections up and running properly and give it the focus it deserves. TheGuyver.NET will be updated as part of this. 

If anyone has any questions / suggestions or knows Wiki's inside and out and codes in SQL better than eating their breakfast and wants to help out this is the thread to do that in.

• Like 1

I was working on some things and noticed the following important dates:

16/03/16 is the 18th year of the Warrior Guyver Fan-fiction.

2002-02-24 was the date WG com was registered and we're coming up on our 14th year of being a .COM

2007-02-22 is the Creation Date of Japan-Legend.com it will soon being the 9th birthday of Japan Legend :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You must be very busy with both sites! Glad to hear you have some time to do a few bits on Japan legend

Thank you!

Yup, WarriorGuyver.com is a holding site so has a good few old Guyver webpages in it that were saved from the deleted bin when I asked if I could host them when their creators were no longer interested in keeping them or in the case of the Guyver 4 anime page disappeared with Geocites. So every so often I've to fix old sites and figure out why images are no longer working or links have gone bad. At the moment my current side project is to remove their links sections as those sites are so old a fair amounts of their links no longer work. I also need to do some work to the old Stars Guyver page to make a little more functional with today's browsers. 

This weekend I'd like to get the old TheGuyver.NET fixed up (fix up the bits that don't link to anything and are dead ends) and better link it to this board and clear up the Scanlations information and likewise on the board of Japan Legend and get things more ready for the craziness that will happen in February and March with the new book. 

I've also another old Guyver website linked to Japan Legend and The.Guyver.Net to put up, so hopefully this weekend will be productive. Depends on how much real life gets in the way.

I also have 3 message boards to update.... 

• Like 2

Yup, I host that site a good few other old Guyver pages. 

Last weekend I spent time working on two different Guyver sites. I finished one but there isn't much point in uploading it yet as I also want to finish the second to save me wasting time updating the WG.com menu's system again. 

Will be a nice update when done, but at the mo I'm cleaning up the code of this old site has it try's to load up Geocites code. But considering how this site of Jess's is what pre-dated TheGuyver.Net it would be nice to get it functional without any broken links as well as getting the old TheGuyver.Net fully working as well. 

Either way I see a few weekends ahead of cleaning things up and getting them back on-line. I also have to add some code / images so you can browse from them to other hosted sites. If I do figure out how to get the Wiki's working.... I sense more time spent cleaning and tidying too. But it'll be more than worth it in the long run. 

Sounds crazy but I love this kind of stuff. My only problem is I wish the weekends were longer so I'd more time to work on this stuff. 

Thanks to a busted Graphics card I can't play games at the mo.... BOOOOO!

But I got the Cronos Enemy Website uploaded, The Great War Pre-Edit site is also up and updated other websites within the WG.com holding site.

I spent last weekend building a new PC for myself which meant the computer I normally do all my work on was out of commission the whole weekend :(

Good news is that the new PC is finished, is much more powerful than the old PC and will lead in time to much cooler stuff for the sites I manage. Though at the moment it cost a fortune just to get the basics of a PC I wanted.... Will be a few months before I recover from that shock to the finances but it'll be worth it in the end. 

This weekend will be a mix of fixes and getting to work on JL, we're getting close to a release of a book :D 

• Like 2

I spent last weekend building a new PC for myself which meant the computer I normally do all my work on was out of commission the whole weekend :(

Good news is that the new PC is finished, is much more powerful than the old PC and will lead in time to much cooler stuff for the sites I manage. Though at the moment it cost a fortune just to get the basics of a PC I wanted.... Will be a few months before I recover from that shock to the finances but it'll be worth it in the end. 

This weekend will be a mix of fixes and getting to work on JL, we're getting close to a release of a book :D

Congrats on the new PC!

• 3 weeks later...

RL has had me crazy busy lately but tonight JL will be getting some love in preparation of book 32's release.

Tonight the first chapter of Book 33 will go up which will be the last people will get access to unless you've vault access. Over the next week or so the websites scalation system / rules will be finalized and the messageboard will once again have public view-able sections. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

RL has being interesting the last few weekends. Between the new season of Daredevil and Batman V Superman and me getting older (birthday) 2 weeks ago and it being Paddy's day 2 weeks ago too it's being a very entertaining time but unfortunately also time for me being away from the site.

This weekend though I hopefully will have the time to put the work into Japan Legend and get the old comic sections up on the board and info pages up and running on how to get scanlations. There will be some moving about of stuff and access so don't panic if you suddenly log in to have lost access to something. If after the weekend though and you still don't have access to something you should please post about it in the new Scanlation section of the board that will be going up.

Note some post and locked threads will also move as a result of this weekends work.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ok that was some challenge, but the board has being updated to the latest IP Board version.

Currently the board is using the standard template and tomorrow I'll work on securing some things and getting the Scanlation section fully up and running.

• Like 3

The Current Chapters section is up and running but I've not fully updated the Vault group as I ran out of time. Over the next few days I'll be updating the group and threads in the access area and will go from there.

• Like 1

Getting things organised today in perpetration for this weekend. Want to get all the old scanlations up this weekend and all the access groups sorted.

Note the access request area is now fully open. So if you want access to a book and don't have it now would be a good time to ask. 

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Getting things organised today in perpetration for this weekend. Want to get all the old scanlations up this weekend and all the access groups sorted.

Note the access request area is now fully open. So if you want access to a book and don't have it now would be a good time to ask. 

I have already put my vault access request in so that should cover all of the books and current chapters. Thanks Sully!

• Like 1

Well last weekend was a disaster for updating the Forum. I was simply put "Ikea'd!"..... If you've never heard the term it is when you go to the Ikea store expecting to only buy one (for me it was a cabinet for holding files for my business) and then walk (drive) out with a new couch, a set of kitchen chairs and table enough stuff for an office of 3 or 4 people never mind that fact is it for me and my home office. It's not just bad enough you end up buying the stuff (and that they gave me the wrong item at collection and had to drive back on Sunday morning..... :( ) you then have to put the stuff together.

I've a busy week ahead but will try and get parts of the board updated in the meantime.