Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Japan Legend / Guyver Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sully

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sully

  1. I forgot to add, tiers have nothing to do with the quality of the story. But it recognition by me for example that if I feel it requires the most work WG fiction comes before Assassin fic. We also want to test people more so we don't end up with the W'Kar fics situation where we can't continue it but it's so ingrained in the story we can't remove it either or make it a character story. Officially it is now discontinued. (If you're wondering what will happen to W'Kar that will be answered eventually in the Illusion of Choice story). Also ideally someone who gets a decent set of fiction together and shown they they are long term committed to the story can if they want take over Flight of an Angel. Even if no one does I intend on using the story as it and it's characters will be the focus of a lot of development fiction wise. So it's not going anywhere. Character stories (as long as they are based on the WG fiction) can be posted here in this section without any issues. It's also handier that way for me to see "ohh he / she has got a following!).
  2. What this means is from this point on there are effectively 3 tiers of fan-fiction. 1) Warrior Guyver, Warrior GuyverC and Nova Guyver. These are the 3 foundation fictions. All are currently being worked on. Matt, Andre and I will basically vote and chat to decide who joins us in the future. 2) Assassin Guyver, Cyber Guyver, Flight of an Angel, Guyver XT and W'Kar. These are the second tier stories. What happens in these shapes the lore of the WG fiction universe. As such can't conflict with tier 1 stories or 2. These are less likely to be updated as their writers are either busy or no longer part of the team as they left the project. c) Tier 3 aka Character Stories. These are their own self contained stories. Basically for you and others your fictions would be based there and defectively have to prove themselves there. But there are no restrictions, you'll not see Matt, Andre or I telling you "don't do that, it conflicts with X" etc. The idea is to let you run free so we can see what you can do. Twilight Guyver and Chronicles are back as they fit nicely there and have a chance of continuing.
  3. I think officially he has none...
  4. Does anyone know Commander Atkins (the FBI agent from the second live action movie) first name?
  5. And the Artwork section has being updated again Matt, continue on rolling!!!!
  6. The Character Stories section is now updated.
  7. Scanlation for this is up.
  8. I vote Darkness! But in saying that Takaya makes some odd choices, so you never know. But he does usually have a few colour pages here and their other than the front cover.
  9. He's no longer unemployed acording to his blog so had to make some calls on what to continue translating (he does a lot more than Guyver). Ciaran good luck in he future and hope the job is a success.
  10. New picture added to the WG-Fic Details in the update section.
  11. I see that as good news. Chances are some people already have tried but were vetted out. Simply we'll never know but it is good to see that Takaya is trying to get an assistant rather than leaving the situation as is. Long term this is good news for us.
  12. I'd like to correct you there mate. A Guyver is capable of shooting a bullet out of the air before it hits the target (source 2005 anime, when Guyver 1 saves Tetsuro's head!). This is supported in the comics when Valyrie describes what it is like to be a Guyver and that the world seems in slow motion compared to her.
  13. It has more to do with the fact Female Warrior Guyver is using the exact same unit as Warrior Guyver, just from an alternative dimension.
  14. Jess, without this site I'd have never got back into Guyver. Thank you. Also the more I see of what you'd to handle the more I'm impressed you didn't run away screaming between book 30 and 31.....
  15. I loved his work on Macross and I never knew that picture was by him of Doomed Megalopolis (I always thought the cover was better than the content inside). A great talent; R.I.P.
  16. That is everything that was on the ship.
  17. Before you proceed Japan Legend does not get any financial benefit from you going to any of these sites. This is just a suggestion of places to go that will get you what you want and what other fans found to be useful. 1) Amazon.co.jp: The key to using this site is learning now to search in Japanese. If you can read this ガイバー and it is not blocks then that is what you want to copy and paste into the search area of amazon.co.jp. If it is blocks, consult google on installing Japanese fonts / language pack for your computer. When you find the book or books you're after click the button to add it to cart (it has a shopping card on it). From that point on you'll get a screen which gives you the option near the top right corner "Would you like to see this page in English? Click here." Follow from there as you normally would if ordering from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk, NOTE: While the site does have all the books in Kindle Edition this format is not supported for Vault / Chapter access. ONLY Paperback format is supported (because you can actually take a picture of that). 2) http://hlj.com/: Slightly easier to use than the above, just search Guyver on their site and you'll find the paperback books. But the site sells out easily. 3) Buying from Yahoo.co.jp Auction section. This is by a mile the cheapest way to get all the past books. Go to the page and click on the Auction picture and search for ガイバー At least once every month there is someone selling their entire book collection. So rather than depending on crappy ebay you can buy from the Japanese people themselves. The problem is they on't like dealing with people from OUTSIDE Japan, so use one of the sites listed below in this link: http://www.ghacks.net/2014/09/22/how-to-buy-items-from-yahoo-auctions-japan-if-you-are-not-japanese/ One thing to remember though, you'll almost pay as much for shipping as the total costs of the books. Even then though it is a lot cheaper than buying all the books any other way (unless you know someone in Japan and get on very well with them).
  18. A new update went up last night with more pictures from Matt, and some really old ones from me and also including one by Jess of Neo Thancrus. http://warriorguyver.com/creditsfaq/update_full.htm
  19. I'm out of practice with this... but... No Comment
  20. Artwork section updated, see the update section for details! (we added more than 2 pics )
  21. Depends which version of the Guyver you're talking about to know exactly. But all envovle the first Enzyme obletering his body and his brain. The control medal with what little remained of his body regrew the host and reimplated the hosts memory. This on some level is genetic coming from the DNA of the bio-material itself (as seen by Sho's clone which knew to go to his school and tried to relive his life) and the control medal itself.
  22. Sully replied to Cannibal's topic in Support
    I'm just surprised mobiles are using that res, last time I saw it I owned a 14inch CRT.
  23. Sully replied to Cannibal's topic in Support
    1024 x 768 res is still in use?
  24. All I know for certain is I'll be entertained I really enjoyed the last Godzilla movie, a lot more than the earlier Americanised version. I only hope they add Jagers into this story as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.