Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

jerrygoodman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's good to be cautious, but I enjoyed it and I didn't spot any of the issues that have been plaguing recent MCU movies.

It's not a perfect movie and it may seem that some elements are under utilised, but overall was very satisfying.

Watched it. I was very happy.

The strong elements more than made up for the weak ones.

Connecting Rocket Raccoon's backstory to the High Evolutionary is, with hindsight, incredibly obvious and elegant in an old-school MCU way.

It's nice to enjoy a Marvel movie for a change.

Chukwudi Iwuji performed in DC's Peacemaker series, which was directed by James Gunn, who was apparently impressed enough to have him play the High Evolutionary here - to my delight.

Edited by Salkafar
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just saw this the other day.  Well, it's as GotG as GotG can get.  Nice end for the movie and wondering if it will lead to anywhere since James Gunn is now heading DC studios.  I also noticed that Nathan Fillion's appearance in many of James Gunn's film.  I just wish we had seen more of the Original Guardians of the Galaxy (Vance Astro, Martinex, etc..)