Everything posted by Sully
-
Whoho!
21000+ words now and still not over. This is pre James edit.
-
the Next story after "7 Days"
hmmm how can I keep this cryptic and not give away the new character.... Hmmm there is someone like it out there... There we go, a crap hint
-
Whoho!
Well over the last 2 weeks I've got two laptops. The old small one: IBM X31 important specs: Uses DDR PC2100 or 2700 2.5V SO-DIMM memory, no support for parity/ECC Total of 2 memory slot, 1 slot prepopulated with either 256MB or 512MB depending on model Supports up to two 1GB SO-DIMMs Supports maximum memory up to 2GB Dual-mode, high-performance Mobile Intel® Pentium® Processor at 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5Ghz, 1.6GHz, 1.7GHz. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology 1024 KB onboard L2 cache memory I know my one is the 512MB of ram version. It's about 5 years old now so it's technically not the best. But it has a 12.1inch XGA (1024 x 768) active matrix TFT display which is not wide screen and overall makes the laptop and nice size to both look at on screen and type on. Only thing I don't like is the small backspace key. This laptop took me over 2 days of work (mostly waiting for millions of patches from Microsoft) as the OEM image on the laptop was Windows XP SP1. I've the hard drive backed up through ghost onto my own private server so if the hard drive ever dies I can quickly get another up and running again in about 20 mins. The laptop has a strange qurke of freezing if not plugged in when it goes idle. But tbh I'm not fussed has the battery is ****e given the age of the laptop and Irish Rail trains all now have plugs on them to charge devices like laptops etc. So then we've the laptop that actually cost me a lot of money!: NEW Dell Studio 17 Intel® Core™ i3-330M (2.13Ghz, 4Threads, 3MB cache) Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English 17.3” High Definition+ (1600x900) LED with TL 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics Card 3072MB 1067MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x1024 + 1x2048] 320GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD) with DVD Burn software 1 year of coverage included with your PC McAfee® Security Centre - 15 Month Protection - English Lovely laptop but like McAvoy I find that this size laptop is HUGE it's litrally twice has wide as the X31! Great for gaming and other such stuff so when I get sent to Shannon or some other town that has nothing to do I've an entertainment system to play on rather than watching ****e TV. At the mo though I'm using it less than the X31 I got for free. Odd that Anyway I'm now into the final battle with the Grakken. Once that is done I can get back to some good ole character driven hate without having to explain who is who after forcing the Grakken to finally have some real characters and develop said characters in a story where there is sooooo many fights isn't easy. As such I wouldn't be at all surprised even after I've said the fiction is wrote it will be a fair few weeks before James and myself are happy with the edits to the story. There's a lot of development in the story and at the mo too little action that needs to be edited in. This will be one big part , the other previous smaller parts will be merged together so isntead of it being 7 uneven parts it will most likely be 3 or 4 parts to 7 Days. This will be done after 7 Days part 7 is fully published. I'll have a chat with James at some point over the weekend and we'll decide what will be the best way to get it to you guys. But at the mo personally I'd sooner publish it late and complete rather than fixing it up later in a rewrite (though that might possibly happen later for small edits where Creator needs tobe replaced with Gen for example). The choice "Might" be left up to you guys but again that will not be decided until after the chat with James.
-
Whoho!
Got the above laptop free from work... Basically they where dumping it in the eco bin for disposal. Some nice cleaning and install of XP and Office 2000 I have got a laptop I actually like working on when sat on the train. Not too small, not too big this oldy is still a goodie. Anyway the important thing is I got another 2000 words wrote over the last day on the train that normally I spend twidling my thumbs or sleeping. So the fic Seven days should be over sooner rather than later. Would guess going by current speed and hopefully lack of writers block about 2 -3 weeks from now the story will be ready for edit for James to edit up (only he would then be able to give you an estimate on how long it will be from there). Anyway thats the little bit of news for today. :
-
the Next story after "7 Days"
Can't really say, other than there is one person like this Unique being out there. Not saying who it is or what events that character was like the new one... But it's not 100% Unique in that it does have someone out there kinda like it. But in saying that no this being is pretty much on it's own for what it is. On a good note I've decided on a name fo the next story.
-
Seven Day's Part 7
It's not exactly a secret that the roster which is large is going to get larger before it gets smaller again.But yeah I've reached the point where stuff would sooner be cut than added I don't really want stuff added to already planned events. That should be cryptic enough
-
Rewrite Choices
The power levels aren't soo... umm even. in otherwords this is one of those X things not being enough to discribe it. The Warrior Guyver is X4. But it can be argued his shielding system would be greater than that of the Gigantic because it can handle and use to add to itself with energy from the pressure cannon and gravity based attacks. Battle Guyver has the same shielding system and was the Unit that sucessfully tested the shielding system. This unit was made for example after Alknaphel's unit. So while it does have a normal looking control medal that is mainly because of the failings of the 3 sided control medal design to hold together everyhing Solom wanted. This unit is an enhanced normal unit and very stable compared to WG Type 4's and below. Also it should be pointed out this is the V2 of the Battle Unit design. No it will be a bloody and nasty ending. I've no bad feelings in leting this part of the plot be known!
-
Rewrite Choices
Thats being explained somewhere else before.... not sure where. But basically for the most part no. But things will make more sense power level wise.
-
Seven Day's Part 7
` Currently Part 7 is about 2/3's of Mettings and has a chance being as big. They will be mostly unchanged for the most part, but might add a little if it makes the ending of a part more a realistic end. No Comment.
-
Rewrite Choices
He'll be there... He'll die much quicker though and in a painful way.
-
Anybody know what movie this is from???
It doesn't look like something from the 2 Live action movies. Not from what I can remember, I think I've seen it before somewhere though. I'll ask one of my drinking buddies later about it. He likes horror movies and I think I saw that in one.
-
Seven Day's Part 7
Time to give you an update on how things are going so far. The fic is progressing along nicely. Got some good plot points out fo the way and stories. I'm currently writing something I didn't expect too which is going well. Won't say what it is but it's some character building event. At the moment 7 days part 7 is now Unedited already 4 times bigger than Part 6. Note it's not finished yet sooo... will be bigger even still. It will not be all fighting as I've pushed in a lot of background story into the plots to make it interesting ( a lot more than has being previewed here). Anyway still no idea on when it'll be finished or when James will have the first half of the story edited so we can show off what has being done so far. But the important thing is the fic is getting done and for a change not being rushed through has an incolplete part. Chances are when I re-edit the past fictions 7 Days will be edited a little so that rather than being 7 uneven parts it'll be maybe 3 or 4 long parts (7 Days Part 7 though will simply change numbering but whats in it will stay the same).
-
Update plan WG.com and Stars Guyver page
As writing and editing is taking it's time (more than I expected due to ummm... possibly rustyness of both James and myself and being fussier and older when it comes to the stories) I think it's time to look at updating other parts of the site and getting the look and feel of the site updated with more focus being given to Stars Guyver page over the next few Saturdays / Sunday mornings. Basic plan is to put a LOT more non fan-fiction stuff out there so the site isn't just fan-fiction and fan-art (though those will always be most likely the main of the site to those that know it so no we're not about to abadon that, just give better info) WG.com The main holding site will most likely get another face lift after I get a design I like working for Star's Guyver page. I'm not overall happy about the location of the archived websites so they will be getting a front page link. That alone willl change the design but I'll wait until later to do this. For those of you who can't find Leighs Drawing guides etc look in the Guyver Fan Archive of the site. Once this redisgn is done the Archive will be basically just for Fan Work while the Website Archive will be for that. Basically for people with nice small Guyver sites that should be kept up somewhere. GSF will also get a new icon. Overall I'm happier with the new look of the portal to the rest of the site. But it needs some more work. But it gets the job done better than the old cluttered one that used to be there. Stars Guyver Page I'll be starting work on this Saturday the 24th onwards. That doesn't mean on that date there will be an update right away. But from that point on Stars will always be getting focus, attention and scans from my old books and info updated. Website redesigned and updates secheulded. There is A LOT of Guyver stuff that needs to be updated from the many different Guyver offical stories. This will take time, though no where near the amount of time that the fic will take so I expect to have updates week on week depending on what I'm up too hopefully before the end of the month. This weekend for example I "should" have my new laptop. So will spend most fo Saturday moving stuff from my old laptop to my new and getting it working right. WG-Fan-Fic While the editing to the fan-fic itself is taking ages after I get the design for Star's working the way I want I'll use it's Template though modified for the WG Fic site. it will getting a redesign also on Saturdays with Star's so by the time the fic is ready waiting for me to redesign the site won't be an issue. Guyver Message Board There is a new update ready for the messageboard from PHPBB that needs to be applied ot the main messageboard. Once this is done I'll be working on a proper Guyver version of the messageboard and a WG version too (though both will share the same smiles pool etcs). As you probably know the old messageboard has being disabled (mainly to stop the flow of spam it was sending each day with it's loads of bots trying to make a home there to spam porn posts.... Anyway part of Saturdays fortnights focus will be also to get this old version 2 messageboard converted. Updated and put in to a Version 3 messageboard like this one. Once that is done the page leading into the messageboard will be updated to show the archived board and this main one (merging the two isn't an option I can find). But once it's updated to the latest version of PBPBB like this board, it's much easier then to maintain. Has a LOT of old arhived chats are there, which strangely holds must of the ideas we decided on way back then that are only getting wrote into the fan-fic now, losing the old messageboard simply isn't an option. Though neither is leaving it open to constant attack and having it stay outdated. Anyway that's the plan the site. If there is any delays or updates it will be added here and if there is new content into the Updates section of WG.com. If you've any requests for stuff, info etc you want to see on the site. Best to post on this topic. It will be kept updated.
-
Time War - Unpublished rewrite
Basically it was never completed, simply put it's now out of date considering what is known about the Creators and what is decided for the story.
-
Seven Day's Part 7
Soon... basically soon has I get back the edited part it will go up as is. On a good note I've wrote another 1500 words getting another decent secontion of the story out of the way... So no more Grakken parts to write after the next major section is done
-
Ultimus question
Evil Matt Anyway to help fuel this here's some important info that you'd see in the fictions: 1. Max's WGC unit is orginally a Uranus Standard Unit-G (this is important and will be explained more so in Time War). It was modified by the WG2 Universe Gen made Matrix and given a "upgrade" to be a WGC unit. 2. The Giant Unit is a creation of the Gen and made after the "Extinction Device" was made so like all modren test units all the Kavzars and up are capable of using what's basically a modren remover to dart these units and basically kills the Unit off. There is no hiding from this has all weapons on a modren test Unit e.g. shields etc will simply not prevent the weapon from hitting it's target. The debate is though does 1 and 2 together give the Gigant Unit protection when the Test is over?
-
Time War - Unpublished rewrite
The above is part of a rewrite of Time War that was never published. Overall it's correct and will mostly stay the same in the next rewrite (well that is subject to change, the part about Guyver 0 will change a lot) but it will give you all a better idea of what changes to expect in the final version of the rewrite. This was done about 3 odd years ago... so even then I wasn't too happy with Time War the way it was. The above shows that there was more than just the WG project and even more to the WG project itself (it also explains Krullnar's thoughts in 7 Days Part 7). By the time the 2nd rewrite is done the above will also have a good bit more story added to it and also more history of the Gen's WG project and how it is different to that of the Uranus. Also will answer how Alkanphel fits into the story better and answer how Zeugma was made and why she was chosen to be the new leader of humanity and what she and Kron did to deserve it.
-
Seven Day's Part 7
The question would be modifed versions of the WG units lets see..... WG Natasha = WG Prototype Type 5 at it's core. Will be modified as per Seven Days. WG Thancus = not saying but it's either one of the two main types. Will leave you guys guessing Damaged WG Unit Dreadnought is hiding is the same as WG Nastaha and Vamore = WG Prototype 5. 5. That's a no commet (oh but it's not hard to guess that won't be answered in 7 Days has no one is hunting for these units).
-
Next week (Sunday 21st)
*waves at James* Ummm if it's up I've not yet read the edited version either. My guess is James is still working on it.
-
Appearnace of a Guyver and Teleporting
Just trowing in a wildcard here. Given that a rewrite is in process. What Unit and host in the fan-fiction do you think would be the most powerful (excluding a Matrix enchanced unit that can in theory modify the host)? Importanly why? I'm quoting McAvoy for a reason..... If you guys have being following posts I'd made recently the answer might surprise you.
-
Ultimus question
That is a good question..... Debate away!
-
Seven Day's Part 7
Ummm you asking will there be more new ones or if the likes of Faye will be in the story?
-
Rewrite Choices
I have read up more from the guyver archive information i have and a normal guyver gigantic is almost euqalo to what the fanfic classes as dreadnought and would be way more powerful than ultimus or prometheus so is the real power ever gonna be revealed In the rewrite maybe not, but it will be talked of. But at the moment I've 2 stories planned for "past fiction", basicaly story's spanning from before the time of WG's activation. 1. Has said before will be a retelling of the 2 live action movies but using the Comics has a base for power levels etc and removal of the... ummm... comedy crap and things like humans being able to take on the Guyver without losing body parts. 2. Before WG story line. This is based after the Live action movies. It will mainly focus on ACTF side of the story has the comics fill in everything else needed to know. But where fights need to have changed results the fiction will re-tell those battles with the changed result (e.g. the Zoalord fights). Exceed is one of those battles so it will be in the fan-fiction for that battle.
-
The Cloaked Man - Ummm, bye bye!
There is a very simple reason... that for the moment will get no comment (but I did say in another post on the forum about something else that will hint strongly towards why). You'll see more to the reasons why in Time War when it's rewrote.
-
Latest Guyver story (Spoilers ahead)
On an updated note. Looks like Guyot's retrun has being given new art in the book 27 with added pages over what was published in the monthly chapters.... Will be a month before I've got it though at a guess but am really looking forward to it.