What if... Part 4

W'Kar

[Admin Note: Political and Military Conversation between Zeo and McAvoy was moved to its own topic in General Topic Section under "Military Tech & Politics"]

Uh, getting back on topic...

ANYWAY...

It may be that Anubis truly believes that what he is doing is right. if so, there really isn't much one can do, except hope to live another day. Besides the whole thing got started when a race started to play God. When that kind of thing happens (at least with humans anyway) there's SOMETHING that a) hasn't been accounted for and will be you in the ass, b) it will come back to haunt you, and c) no mortal is perfect. Neither is an immortal for that matter.

Besides, that kind of thing is to be expected when your creating what amounts to a superweapon. Something causes the s**t to hit the fan, and all of a sudden, you're in the middle of not s**t creek without a paddle. Except that "creek" is more like an ocean.

But, overall, the question is a very good one.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Oh I feel so special...

Everyone thinks they're right and you're wrong, it's just the most danagerous ones are the ones that can force you to think you are wrong. Anubis may think he's right, or maybe he may made all that up for ultimate power. The power to control people.

:x And to think, all this time, the underlying aspect of the W'Kar Unit is still ongoing, working to fully repair itself, and thus, become an aspect of the universe all to itself, so to speak. :( Wonder how the old Greg would react to seeing all this unfolding before his eyes? :shock: Can anyone say Clash of the Titans, in HD? :wink::mrgreen:

Mmm. Yet "Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely."

While he may have started out doing it for the betterment of all, his power has corrupted him considerably.

If the W'Kar unit (and verbally I still can't spit it out) still is "regenerating" so to speak, healing itself, then the corruption will likely continue and has likely all ready spiraled out of control. Which means that while he's not in top for yet, he is still more powerful than I care to think about, and he literally will be a god by the time this is all finished. Frankly, I'm twisted enough to want that particular unit, for all its faults, for myself. Not for the power mind you, but for the absolute sheer craziness and genius behind the d*** thing.

Seriously, back to the original question, Greg's brother being killed was simply the last straw, and he couldn't cope. Plus the fact the Unit itself is slightly demented, and that he was desperate enough to wish for more power, and the Unit responding to that need...

Well, let's just say the old saying "Be Careful of What You Wish For" certainly applies as that is probably partially what happened. Frankly, at some point, the unit would have evolved, and stretched again, maybe not so maliciously, but still...

I agree. But let's remember that this was never supposed to happen. It was the events of the Meeting of the Warriors that caused W'Kar to become Anubis. If we assume now of course that those events never happened, but the Creator invasion of Earth was still going to happen, then chances are like the Kregen wanted, W'Kar would end up becoming a much more powerful version of himself. Same old Greg, give or take, just more power.

If you look back at all the major battles in the Meeting of the Warriors fic, alot of things that happened seriously weakened Earth's defences. Alot of Zoagods were killed, and it's possible that the events that took place then led to Fighter Guyver II trying to save the Earth, knowing he didn't stand a chance. Although the temperal divergence that split everyone could also have perverted the GWOTG timeline as well. Another thing to consider, Cassandra wouldn't have had a Unit if the Crossover hadn't happened. Meaning she wouldn't have been captured by the Creators and Greg would have been able to participate more in the battle. Also Cassandra could have been put into a life threatening situation instead of FGII, which would have made Greg in a more protective mood instead of blinded by pure rage. Could have resulted in Greg becoming more of a protector than a vengance seaking lunatic.

Another though to keep in mind. Anubis doesn't have a shred of Greg's DNA, wich makes me think that something else happened during Greg's evolution and maybe, just maybe, Anubis isn't the real W'kar. At the very least he isn't Greg, and is a completely new being sepirate from Greg. Which brings about the question where did Anubis come from? And what happened to Greg?

The unit is also trying to better itself, at the cost of the host....in order to do that it had to vastly modify the host and it saw the best way to do that was to ultimately get rid of what it saw as an unnecessary component that was holding it back, that being Greg's mind and bodily limitations. Kinda like what we see in Angel, she is being modified so that the unit can reach full power as well.

Possibly. But let's remember that the host is just a piece of meat for the unit to bond to. The unit bonds not only to the body but the mind and brain as well. So it would be of no suprise that a sufficiently advanced unit could alter the brain and mind of the host.

• 2 weeks later...

Which on some level is actually quite cool. But on the other hand, it's not such a great thing. Of course, I'm willing to bet that the change is fairly gradual, considering how long Greg had the unit to begin with. Of course, adding everything else it...

Hate, power, a seriously screwed up host, and a unit that is essentially eliminating whatever is left of Greg's sanity, and humanity for that matter. Fate sucks. Or the writer has a simply twisted mind. Whichever you prefer.

And McAvoy, you make it sound like the unit and host are going to come to a point where not even a remover would release the Unit from the Host.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm farely certain that point has already been reached. Although I could be in error on this, I think since the merging between the W'kar and it's host has moved onto the gentic level, Anubis is essentially bonded to his unit in a fashion not to dissimilar from the Zygote unit. If he hasn't reached this point by this time he most certainly will if (and when) another evolution should happen. After all Anubis has the relative capabilities of the reproduction unit while unarmored, leading me to believe he is no longer even base human, but some kinda hybrid. With the potential for the next evolution to show the true W'kar, a being with no humanoid base form. Nothing will remain of either the unit or the host, something entirely new will be born. In essence the true W'kar. And I shudder to think what that being will be capable of.

Another shudder inducing thought is that beings mental stability. Imagine a being capable of virtually any type of destruction and add in Anubis's violent nature and his ever present god complex, and you've got the makings of a major baddy. However there is always the possibility he will become more like the Kregen and have little to no power on the physical plane. Of coarse this wouldn't be a good thing either but it would give use lower beings a fighting chance. However I find this limitation of power highly unlikley to actually come into effect, W'kar after all means power plane and simple. You can't have a god with a name that means 'power' and have him have limited power....that would be to much irony for the universe to handle.

Which on some level is actually quite cool. But on the other hand, it's not such a great thing. Of course, I'm willing to bet that the change is fairly gradual, considering how long Greg had the unit to begin with. Of course, adding everything else it...

Hate, power, a seriously screwed up host, and a unit that is essentially eliminating whatever is left of Greg's sanity, and humanity for that matter. Fate sucks. Or the writer has a simply twisted mind. Whichever you prefer.

And McAvoy, you make it sound like the unit and host are going to come to a point where not even a remover would release the Unit from the Host.

Yes. That's what I am saying. You can remove the unit probably with several Matrixes right now, but the host will be killed and the unit would be further be damaged. That's why the True W'Kar was damaged when it was removed from the Creator.

W'Kar units merge much more closely than a Guyver unit does. When you are not armored as a Guyver, you are for all intents and purposes still human. As a W'Kar, without the armor active, you still possess W'Kar powers. Look at Malice, he still retained some of his powers when his unit was removed and that was just a Reproduction.

So if you think about it, it does make sense that the unit could completely alter the host to the point the host is no longer the original host but a totally new one.