Where to buy Guyver Books master thread

Sully

Before you proceed Japan Legend does not get any financial benefit from you going to any of these sites. This is just a suggestion of places to go that will get you what you want and what other fans found to be useful.

1) Amazon.co.jp: The key to using this site is learning now to search in Japanese. If you can read this ガイバー and it is not blocks then that is what you want to copy and paste into the search area of amazon.co.jp. If it is blocks, consult google on installing Japanese fonts / language pack for your computer.

When you find the book or books you're after click the button to add it to cart (it has a shopping card on it). From that point on you'll get a screen which gives you the option near the top right corner "Would you like to see this page in English? Click here." Follow from there as you normally would if ordering from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk,

NOTE: While the site does have all the books in Kindle Edition this format is not supported for Vault / Chapter access. ONLY Paperback format is supported (because you can actually take a picture of that).

2) http://hlj.com/: Slightly easier to use than the above, just search Guyver on their site and you'll find the paperback books. But the site sells out easily. 

3) Buying from Yahoo.co.jp Auction section. This is by a mile the cheapest way to get all the past books. Go to the page and click on the Auction picture and search for ガイバー

At least once every month there is someone selling their entire book collection. So rather than depending on crappy ebay you can buy from the Japanese people themselves. The problem is they on't like dealing with people from OUTSIDE Japan, so use one of the sites listed below in this link:

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/09/22/how-to-buy-items-from-yahoo-auctions-japan-if-you-are-not-japanese/

One thing to remember though, you'll almost pay as much for shipping as the total costs of the books. Even then though it is a lot cheaper than buying all the books any other way (unless you know someone in Japan and get on very well with them).

• Like 2

i have just purchased vol 1-30 on amazon.co.jp. it  worked out at a reasonable £53. there will be import taxes once it comes, perhaps another £10-£15 including the rip off clearance fee that couriers charge. (if amazon charge clearance fees, never used them for international purchases before)

so its not too expensive to buy this way. i was expecting to pay more. 

so, all in probably £60-£70, as a rough guide, for others who might want to buy through amazon. i shall update for reference for others later on :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some pretty decent prices being found!

I'm assuming these are all secondhand books right?

Looks like some of you are gonna be making some space on your bookshelves! Banzai!

As it turns out, mine we're new,wrapped up in plastic.

No handling charge added on by DHL.

So, in total, £55.05 for 1 - 31. Not too shabby.

• Like 4

Looks like some of you are gonna be making some space on your bookshelves! Banzai!

Did each volume have a little colored slip inside (usually green)? 

I ask because, if they really are brand new that's a ludicrously cheap price you got all that for!!

Did each volume have a little colored slip inside (usually green)? 

I ask because, if they really are brand new that's a ludicrously cheap price you got all that for!!

Amazon.co.jp has some amazing deals at times.

• 4 months later...

As far as I'm aware, that's correct. If you want continued access to the scans as they as released, you need to own most of, if not, all of the books. I purchased all if them myself, for what it costs, reading the guyver as it's released is worth it

• Like 1

Thanks. I do have Volume 1-13 in chinese. I am Planning to further my collection after stopping for years.

Sully will be able to tell you if Chinese books count. He is the one running the site now. I'm sure he will spot the post soon enough

• 1 month later...

I don't think new accounts can private message got a while. I had trouble when I first joined. There is a classifieds section if you want to post in there as well, if you haven't already. More people might see it there.

I realized my books 30 and 31 aren't Japanese or pretty sure. They have 'Guyver' written out in English in the top. I didn't realize I'd need an Amazon Japan account to get the books. I think this is a silly question but I wouldn't get in trouble for creating an account at Amazon Japan right? I mean they could still ship to the U.S?

15 minutes ago, daveblackeye152 said:

I realized my books 30 and 31 aren't Japanese or pretty sure. They have 'Guyver' written out in English in the top. I didn't realize I'd need an Amazon Japan account to get the books. I think this is a silly question but I wouldn't get in trouble for creating an account at Amazon Japan right? I mean they could still ship to the U.S?

I get my Japanese volumes from the U.S. Ebay and Amazon sites. You can also find them on the U.K. version of Amazon. The last time I checked they're not that expensive. You just have to dig a little to find them. :)

Do your volumes look like this? If so then you do have the Japanese versions. 

Guyver Vol 25.jpg