Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Once & Always

jerrygoodman

It looks like this was filmed before JDF's untimely demise, so hopefully he gets to appear here.  I was never a fan of Power Rangers since I was more exposed to Sentai in the 80's prior to the MMPR's popularity, but I still watched a few episodes just to scoff at how they butchered their sentai counterpart.   I'm just happy they didn't touch Bioman and Maskman.  (still sore that Saban butchered Mask Rider Black)

12 hours ago, durendal said:

It looks like this was filmed before JDF's untimely demise, so hopefully he gets to appear here.  I was never a fan of Power Rangers since I was more exposed to Sentai in the 80's prior to the MMPR's popularity, but I still watched a few episodes just to scoff at how they butchered their sentai counterpart.   I'm just happy they didn't touch Bioman and Maskman.  (still sore that Saban butchered Mask Rider Black)

Unfortunately, he wasn't on good terms with the people making this so he didn't take part. Neither did Austin st John or Amy Jo Johnson.

Austin stJohn had legal issues and Amy Jo apparently wasn't offered enough money?

I totally agree, but they do have Rocky and Kat and Adam is somehow involved too. Now I am not really a fan of those as I feel they are usurpers, but it does sort of fill the brief. It's a sort of reunion but not a proper one.

Edited by Tora Tan
elaborating

• 6 months later...

I watched this on Netflix. It focused mainly on Zack and Billy and Trinis little sister? Daughter? I don't remember. 

Almost all rangers are referenced, but just the ones already mentioned made an appearance. For Jason, Kim, and Tommy, just  stunt actors in the suits with no speaking parts. They brought in Kat and Rocky to help. And boy, everyone but Zack and Billy did not age well. I was really hoping to see how they would show older overweight rangers morphing into the fit ranger bodies but alas, my morbid curiosity was not sated.

Also they went back to the original dinopowers instead of turbo or whoever they left off at.. I honestly quit watching after zeo and the beginning of turbo.