Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

jerrygoodman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh my god that would be absolutely terrifying!!!

I just never realised how dangerous Kang must be. I see him as a human, just a human, but then I guess he has all technology going on, so it makes sense.

I'm going to look forward to what we get in this upcoming movie. I'll be there on release day as usual.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen it and I regret it.

Antman 1 and 2 are fun films with good comedy. It's like they set out to make a serious MCU film then realised it was too serious and decided to try and inject some antman style humour into it, but it completely undermines what was there... Then they added what has become common MCU tropes into it... I don't want to do this any more. I reflect on the guardians holiday special and the past couple years of MCU products and I don't even think James Gunn could have managed to create something of beauty and purity. I think I may be done.

I wasn't able to see it last week due to scheduling conflicts, but managed to see it yesterday.  I did enjoy the movie, but you are right that there is no oomph factor.  Probably because although Ant-man is not an A+ character (in my opinion), but his setting is critical to jumpstart the next phase.  I guess the movie would have been better if you've seen Loki, as that's the first appearance of Kang, which would make the first post credit scene make much more sense.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 2:32 AM, jerrygoodman said:

Haven't seen it yet, but...how was Jonathan Majors as Kang?

I would say the Kang in Quantumania has a totally different demeanor from He Who Remains (from Loki).  So that says a lot about his acting.  A little bit off from my expectations of Kang, but I feel he works.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think Rotten Tomatoes users are generally more generous with their scores for some things. It is weird how the scores differ across the different review sites, with metacritic having it's highest scores in the 8's and Rotten Tomatoes having it's highest scores in the 90's.  It's possibly due to how the score interface is presented to users, with Metacritic offering a straight 1 to 10 with a traffic light system, but Rotten Tomatoes offering a 5 star option with half stars available.