Sign in to follow this  
jerrygoodman

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

As much as  I liked the old movies.

This trailer isn't encouraging me to want to see this one. 

I'm actually intrigued by it, myself.  Problem is, we're gonna have to wait another year before we can see it, because it got pushed back to 2021 thanks to this COVID-19 pandemic.

I honestly do not know what to think about it... Other than " It doesn't feel like Ghostbusters"... Which could be good or bad for it.

I think one thing a lot of people tend to forget, is that Ghostbusters the movie is really not a kids movie at all... But it is just on the brink of being an adult horror/action, but with some comedy to lighten the mood. But I mean, the Ghost blowjob, Peter is clearly a sleazy con man trying to hit on Dana, and the best joke ever "Yes, it's true. This man has no dick." are not really family friendly.

Even Ghostbusters 2 wasn't that family friendly, and it was sillier than the first.

It goes without saying that the cartoon was for kids, despite it still being pretty scary at times.

And the all female reboot failed to pick up on this and focused purely on the comedy aspect (unbalanced comedy as well, which is the worst part of it) and failed. Yes it is true that Ramis, Aykroyd, and Murray were all comedic actors, they mostly played regular tropes and got a few lines when they could... but for the most part they kept things "real".

This is why I think the Marvel movies hit so well. They got what Ghostbusters did. Made a movie for Adults that kids could enjoy, without having to dip into completely into using children for important roles (except Iron Man 3. Ugh. I still dislike that one, though not just because of the kid) just because they want children to want to see it.

This, does not look like an adult movie.

I will give it this much...it doesn't feel anything like the dreck we got back in 2016.  I saw parts of that and...well, let's just say it didn't feel right to me.

Hopefully, this will wipe that clean.