Everything posted by PowerofGuyver
-
Looking for input on a Guyver fanfic I'm working on.
Coming back to this, again, necro posting... forgive me. When it comes to removing the boost dimension, this idea mainly comes from the American films, which had a slightly higher impact on me growing up, versus the animes. In the movies, while not explicitly stated, to me, had the Guyver armor stored inside Sean Barker's body. After his transformation, with the thugs in the alley, the armor breaks off, and the tendrils all shoot back into the neck bumps (receivers). In Dark Hero, if you look closely, when Sean transforms, the armor is seen shooting out where the receivers are, and the tendrils are connecting the pieces to the receivers. So that is why I implemented this idea. Personally i somewhat prefer it over the anime/manga, but that's me. I use this idea to also further cement the idea of the Guyver armor, while being a terrifying weapon, also being a living parasitic organism, it lives in the host. So that's my justification for that. Just wanted to share it. As for the Gigantic Guyver being an "adult" stage, I have been rethinking that. I'm more comfortable with the Gigantic being like it's treated in the manga, a super upgrade add on of sorts. But I'm considering changing the origins somewhat. I'm liking the idea of the Gigantic being a type of over drive mode, already installed on the Guyver unit, but locked away. Will keep playing with ideas. As for Chronos and Max Pharmaceuticals, that was just a huge error on my part. I had forgot about Max Pharmaceuticals, so it will be changed.
-
A new Gigantic Guyver figure
I really hope this starts a trend for other companies, and The Guyver finally gets the merchandise it deserves. Really, Guyver needs another media push for more toys and merchandise. Another OVA, video game, movie, etc. Something to try and get the name out of there. RELEASING THE MANGAS IN THE US WOULD SURE HELP, BUT NOOOOOO.
-
Hypothetical Worst Guyver Ending ?
This....actually sounds pretty cool. I'm not too aware of the manga's current events. But if they could lead to something like this, I'm all for it.
-
The Guyver Unit in the inactive state.
Ya know, in my fanficion ideas for Guyver, I often thought about Chornos finding a sort of "Guyver hive" with dozens of units just waiting to be used.
-
Guyver summoning.
I'd laugh maniacally as I transform into the most powerful force on the planet.
-
The Guyver Unit in the inactive state.
Oh yeah I'm aware, sometimes I just want to turn off my Guyver fan gene and wait till it's over.
-
The Guyver Unit in the inactive state.
Thank you very much, that's that. I appreciate it, I really want this manga to end so I can just buy the whole thing in one fell swoop.
-
The Guyver Unit in the inactive state.
Ya know I've often wondered, but never found an answer. Is the blueish casing around the Guyver unit part of the unit itself, or something Chronos put around it to keep it in check?
-
New Guyver Figma's
If they do end up re-releasing Guyver I, I hope he comes with that improved hip articulation like IIF, and with the same type of mega smasher pieces. Why they went with a dull grey is beyond me.
-
Guyver 1 figma head mod
How much do you charge for a modded Guyver I? How did you end up with a stockpile anyway? Are you the one buying up all the Guyvers on eBay and Amazon?
-
Hypothetical Worst Guyver Ending ?
Ah....that would do I guess. I had figured they all knew who Archanphel was at this point. Does Archanphel know who they are? Also, why did Apollon kidnap them? Can't this manga end already so I can just catch up without months of waiting?!
-
Hypothetical Worst Guyver Ending ?
Him needing to recharge after spending energy I knew. It's that last part that confuses the hell out of me. Clearly I'm missing a lot. Are the Segawa siblings trying to win him over with kindness or something? Why dont they just shoot him in the head? He's been the big bad for a long time right? Why are they taking care of him?
-
Hypothetical Worst Guyver Ending ?
Ok so how in the hell did Archanfel end up this way?
-
Looking for input on a Guyver fanfic I'm working on.
Well, I didn't expect this to happen. Ever since the annoucement of the Figma Guyver IIF, I returned to my American Guyver adaption story from so long ago. Over the past few days I've been creating more, haven't written much yet except for a prologue that is a re-telling of the test type Zoanoid stealing the Guyver units, and encountering Gregole. Here are some bullet points. This thread is dead, but I just wanted to post it anyway.
-
New Guyver Figma's
Definitely would. I consider Guyver 0 to have the best design of all the Guyver units.
-
New Guyver Figma's
Most likely not going to happen, but I have my fingers crossed for a Guyver 1 re-releases, hopefully by the time Guyver III is released. I got 2 but damn it I'm greedy and want 2 more. But the prices are getting worse everyday. Just one little re-releases is all I ask.
-
New Guyver Figma's
I really hope they make Guyver 0 one day.
-
New Guyver Figma's
Damn, I forgot all about this. Very nice surprise, can't wait to see Guyver III.
-
Still nothing new.
I'd say the odds of newer Guuyver media would be higher when the manga ends. That way directors, producers, writers, have full access to the story. And honestly, that last episodes of the 2005 Guyver series was the most rushed thing I had ever seen. Left sour taste in my mouth. Even if the next anime series doesn't end where the manga does, I hope it's ending is more conclusive.
-
New Guyver Figma's
You don't want those old figures anyway. Their durability was crap. Hold out for the possibility of a Figma.
-
Guyver collections... the REVISIT!
All I have are the two Figmas, aim to buy two more later on.
-
petition for Guyver english Manga
signed
-
possible new guyver dark hero ......looks cool
Yeah in retrospect, it seems like he's saying "If we make any busts from future films that may be made, we'll use these materials for the eyes".
-
Vol 25 has arrived!
When did this volume originally come out?
-
possible new guyver dark hero ......looks cool
Huh...but by who I wonder...