Everything posted by jerrygoodman
-
Most stirring moments in comics
Oh ye of little faith...here's a snippet from Avengers: Prime #1 Steve, after accidentally getting zapped into the Nine Realms, stumbles into a tavern filled with trolls, who promptly attack him. Despite the fact that he doesn't even have his shield, he single handledly takes them out with with his bare hands. A mere mortal takes out a huge number of mythologically based beings. I rest my case.
-
The Avengers
http://nerdreactor.c...t-shoot-lasers/ It seems Agent Coulson has a sense of humor after all... http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=46438 ...and Smilin' Stan will make an appearance in the movie!
-
The Avengers
Maybe it's the Midgard Serpent...
-
The Avengers
Yes it is
-
The Avengers
Already seen it odin, and I'd watch all over again
-
Most stirring moments in comics
At least we can agree on that.
-
The Avengers
If that happens, I guarantee that fanboy heads all over the world will EXPLODE!
-
Most stirring moments in comics
Sure there is. We just take it and make it complicated. I think Scotty said it best in Star Trek III..."The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." Take this scene from Captain America #50. Steve is sent in to interrogate a prisoner. He could have easily tortured the guy, but instead, he chose another way... Steve found another way, a better way...and it worked.
-
Guyver October 2011
Maybe it's supposed to be "I know Shizu's watching us." That's my best guess.
-
Most stirring moments in comics
From my experience, Salkafar, the minute you get politics involved in *anything,* everything becomes needlessly complicated, even the simple stuff.
-
Guyver October 2011
I hope someone kicks Guyot's @$$ permanently, pardon my French.
-
Most stirring moments in comics
-
Most stirring moments in comics
For the record, not all of Cap's solutions boil down to punching people. And even though the army may have created him, he was never just a soldier.
-
The Avengers
If you don't like spoilers, don't read this link. If you do, well...don't say I didn't warn you: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=46272
-
Most stirring moments in comics
-
Most stirring moments in comics
-
Most stirring moments in comics
-
The Avengers
I say give 'em a chance. We've still got a long way to go 'til the movie comes out.
-
The Avengers
The guy with the bow and arrows is Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye. And the redhead is Natalia Romanova, aka the Black Widow.
-
Most stirring moments in comics
- Most stirring moments in comics
And here's one from Marvel Fanfare #18: "America doesn't hand you things on a silver platter. Sometimes all it offers is hope."- Most stirring moments in comics
Speaking of deaths, here's a scene from the graphic novel "The Death of Captain Marvel"... I used this story as part of a thesis on graphic novels and how they appeal to younger readers.- The Avengers
- Most stirring moments in comics
- Most stirring moments in comics
You can point them out, or post pics. It's all good. I personally like this one, mainly because I thought Clint had some real guts getting up and spitting in Osborn's eye like that. If he'd been around for the Civil War, I wonder how differently things would have turned out. *on another note, I wish that someone would do something like this in the Guyver-verse...* - Most stirring moments in comics