Twilight Guyver

I know not many questions about him can probably be answered, since he's probably going to be phased out since his writer left, but i was curious, whatk ind of abilities do you htink he'd have if he had a Warrior style medal with the temporal abilities still? do you think with the HSL he could pretty much go wherever he wanted in time as often as he wanted? or would that be even too much for an HSL to power?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, thats a good question. personally i think that having a warrior type control medal would enable him to better control his powers so that they are more effective in battle and would extend his level of power as it would allow the unit to tolerate and process at a much higher energy output. In his current state he has a finite energy supply, so he can't utilize his powers to the full extent. Also that unit is a prototype so the powers aren't fully developed. Perhaps the real unit has this feature or something else built into it to extend the range and capabilities.

I was never really fond of the Twilight Unit since it's a blatent ripoff of the show Seven Days. However if the Unit were upgraded with Warrior Tech, I'd hazard a guess he'd be much more powerful and capable of jumping further through time. I never understood how a low powered unit could achieve time travel anyways, since it took massively complex sercomstances to allow even a Warrior Unit to travel through time. But the basic manipulation of time was a nice addition to the abilities of the guyver units.

Well the concept of that unit does seem to work on the idea that it is powered mainly through its own temporal powers...basically a field that speeds up that units own process making it "exist" or operate much more faster than we do in normal time. I doubt this character will be developed much further but it was stated that if he was the authors would change the powers abit to fit in with the main storyline. As for WG all it took was a portal. They have the potential, through the right technology but cannot do it under their own power. Plus you gotta know where and when, its too precise and mistakes are easily made. I don't think it is beneficial to even develop such technology, only go as far as using that concept to effect fights such as enhancing weaponry or physical attributes.

Well the concept of that unit does seem to work on the idea that it is powered mainly through its own temporal powers...basically a field that speeds up that units own process making it "exist" or operate much more faster than we do in normal time. I doubt this character will be developed much further but it was stated that if he was the authors would change the powers abit to fit in with the main storyline. As for WG all it took was a portal. They have the potential, through the right technology but cannot do it under their own power. Plus you gotta know where and when, its too precise and mistakes are easily made. I don't think it is beneficial to even develop such technology, only go as far as using that concept to effect fights such as enhancing weaponry or physical attributes.

If you read the story, the creators were making the unit so that they could see through the end of their experiments, see if they succeeded and failed, and basically report their findisn, that way they wouldnt waste time/resources on projects that werent going to be completed... ironic though, all these projects in the completion phase at the same time and one rogue zoalord messes them all up.. >> Karmas a bitch.

With the overall more power of the Warrior Guyver technology added with the super efficiency of the pyramid control medal with the hSL, yes he would be a 4x character with the ability to time travel almost at will. Though if I were to design this character I would make that every time he would time travel especially in great leaps that he would go into a Powered Down form for a specified amount of time.

It's very possible that he would have added temporal abilities as well.

As for WG all it took was a portal. They have the potential, through the right technology but cannot do it under their own power. Plus you gotta know where and when, its too precise and mistakes are easily made. I don't think it is beneficial to even develop such technology, only go as far as using that concept to effect fights such as enhancing weaponry or physical attributes.

Not so, As stated in the Time War story, WG could only travel through time, via the portal, because of the perversion to the time line by the Guyver Zoalord's extreme power. He was the timeline's auto immune responce to the Guyver Zoalord. Now as Dreadnought he can easily travel through time, but with his power level and overall technoligical advancement it isn't a huge leap for him to have this ability. But a low powered unit like Twilight, it just seemed to far fetched and didn't seem to fit into the overall story at all.

You're forgetting exscaped_pyscho that TG's one and only special power was temporal manipulation.

Like Battle Guyver's one special power is her Shield, or Black Nova's one power being gravity, etc.

While Dreadnought has a whole arsenal of powers!

In comparison, TG is extremely specialized and doesn't have to support a whole arsenal of powers like Dreadnought does.

If not for the temporal manipulation power TG would be just another Guyver.

And no, TG was not a ripoff of 7 Days.

7 Days was just one in a long series of time travel series they've dabbled with over the years.

Like Voyagers, Timetrax, Doctor Who (oldest), Timecop, Quantum Leap, Time Tunnel, Early Edition (related), and more I can't remember right now all the way up to the latest series Journey Man.

There is no patent on time travel stories and TG's method of time travel is nothing like 7 Days!

Unless you can point to the scene that TG steps into a time capsule that uses alien fuel and thrashes about in pain and pops out all bloody since he lost a layer of skin in the trip?

Never mind TG failed to change anything, which is why he has that quote in his poster that says he is both blessed and cursed.

Just because he can time travel doesn't necessarily mean he can change anything significant and he had limitations like he couldn't time travel for days afterward and his powers would be weakened during that time.

Basically WG was never specifically designed for time travel, it was just something he could do because of the GZ event and the portal. More or less you can say it was a side effect of the HSL technology since Hyper Space encompasses time as well as dimensions.

The GZ event just made it possible to go back to that point in time, normally time travel would cause one to get bounced into a parallel reality. This was shown with Cyber Guyver, who made a side trip to another reality where he picked up F-G2 before finally arriving in the WG universe by using the same GZ event to breach the normal time barrier.

TG on the other hand was specifically designed for time manipulation, unlike all the other characters. So it takes a lot less effort and energy to pull off than it would for WG.

The main trick is not to get bounced into a parallel reality or to create a parallel reality by altering history. So even if TG had succeeded in saving his parents he may only wind up in a parallel reality instead of really altering time.

when I stated TG was a rip off of Seven days I stated this because of the limitation of only being able to travel seven days into the past. I know that the technoligy that allowed him to travel was unrelated to the Seven Days TV show. Many abilities pertaining to various Guyvers were either inspired by or lifted from others. Dreadnought for example is essentially various elements and abilities from virtually any superhero I can recall throughout the various comics. It doesn't make him a cheap knock off, quite the contrairy. I find Dreadnought's methods of achieving his various abilities to be quite ingenius. However TG abilities always seemed beyond his capabilities, and there presince never seemed to fit into the overall story line. Perhaps I would have grown to like him, had the story line continued but since there was only the one story before the author left, I find I quite hate Twilight Guyver.

So if for example a Matrix upggraded Temporal Guyver into Warrior Guyver class, wouldn't the efficiency and HSL systems of the Warrior Guyver unit give Temporal Guyver more abilities and better control over temporal manipulation.

It would work better if a WG Unit is upgraded with Temporal tech but yes the temporal abilities would be enhanced by the WG tech. TG wasn't so much advance as a specialized prototype that like the Supreme Unit, etc was an early model that proved remarkably successful.

when I stated TG was a rip off of Seven days I stated this because of the limitation of only being able to travel seven days into the past.

Well for one thing he could only travel 3 days into the past, not 7!!!

And I believe we have examples like "Groundhogs Day" that preceeded 7 Days by 6 years, with a man that relived the same day over and over. There was also novels written years ealier with similar themes.

Second TG's powers suffered whenever he time traveled, so he could not time travel again until well after the 3 days. The 7 Days was his recovery time!

And his powers were explained in his Data File, his unit basically generates a temporal dimensional field that it can use to manipulate time. Which really shouldn't come as a surprise since even normal Guyver units can manipulate dimensions well enough to store the Armor in the Boost Dimension when not in use.

TG simply manipulated dimensional interaction to produce the temporal field, which itself acted much like a HSL to help power the unit. Basically a temporal version of fusion.

Thus TG had enhanced stamina, and could bend time to move super fast or focus it all for a time jump but the strain of doing so is so great it takes a very long time before he recovers enough to do it again.

-Temporal Energy Field Matrix: Subject's armor has eight dimensional field generators that envolop subject in a self sustaining five dimensional energy field that allows subject to manipulate time. At its fullest potential, this power allows subject to actually time travel up to three days into either the future or past but doing so puts a strain on the unit and requires one week before the ability can be used again.

No problem, an honest mistake. It's just that I helped develop the character and we purposely made sure it didn't directly resemble any other time travel story and worked out exactly how it would fit into the fic. . .

So I wouldn't like to see that character go either but no one seems willing to pick up the character. :|

Well i would be one of those for one...as soon as i get my stuff up and going with ever hopeful success i could take up the challenge of developing him more. Guess it would also depend on the context he would be used in. Either my own or the main storyline. I'm no where near that level....perhaps with time and coaching i dunno.

the main problem I see with twilight is when his discovery by G1 comes, because unless he had a reason not to help at the battle AM died in, I would see him as the type to use his powers to prevent that death.... being they never said there was more than one WG, as I dont think WG2 came to the universe yet, and thus no way WG3 was around, Since GuyverC was just a normal guyver at the time.

I don't like the idea of using Twilight Guyver as some sort of Dragonball wish. Though remember that if Temporal Guyver does prevent Aceaer Marine's death, he would cause a new temporal paradox that wouldn't be on the same scale as the Guyver Zoalord's death, it would be similar.

True, that is an option but he hasn't actually been made an official part of the fic since he never interacted with any other character besides Sho. So he could easily just be an alternate reality character from some other world similar to the WG universe, such as shown in "Strange World", etc.

TG's powers are definitely limited though, which is the thing with Time Travel, just because he can doesn't mean it will always result the way he intended.

A good example would be the movie the "Butterfly Effect", basically for everything you change there will be a chain reaction of other changes.

So he could either make it right or make it worse, or have no net effect at all. Like his first time jump resulted in his parents dying a few days earlier and that is all. Forcing a confrontation with his brother, who willing joined Chronos, at less than his full strength because of that jump.

Alternatively, like the movie "Stranger than Fiction" in which the main character knew he was going to die, even the how and when, but still went through with it because it would give his otherwise wasted life meaning.

Remember Stephen is a soldier and the only sure way to save him would be to not have him in that battle at all, but as a Soldier he would not shy away from the battle even knowing he would surely die. After all soldiers die in the WG fic all the time and Stephen would not want himself saved when so many others had died and may die by the act of saving him.

Not to mention TG would have his own problems and could have been anywhere in the world at that time and his time jump limit is 3 days, so if they told him 72 hours after the fact then it would have been too late. Not to mention his powers would be messed up after the jump so he could still fail.

Ditto with the other characters who gave their lives in the midst of major battles.

That is true. Though like I said if he can go back in time to save a person than he can prevent other disasters as well. Though in the case of the movie Butterfly Effect which is an extreme version of the like said term, going back three days and saving Aceaer Marine probably won't change history THAT much.

Depends, like what if Faye had died instead?

It was a major battle after all and Faye nearly did die, it wouldn't have taken much to make that a certainty.

In which case Guardian could have been AM Stephen and would have had different abilties as the MKII mutation is random according to host.

But that could cost Fiona her life since Stephen would not have been so loyal to Dreadnought and stayed with Fiona like Faye did when the Eliminator showed up.

Not to mention the parts Guardian had played through the many 7 Days of Hell battles.

Stephen for example may not have reacted as quickly as Faye did against Drano, which could have cost other lives if not his own considering what happend to Zeus.

Really, with all the possible chain reactions. It could literally be a different fic by changing just one event.

I think you're kinda missing the point it would have been a worse timeline if Faye had died instead? :?

And also apparently forgeting the person who alters time would know that things are different, as well as certain beings like W'Kar and Dreadnought would realize the time line had been altered.

Regardless the list of events was just an example of how things could turn out differently and to show they could be worse than the events that did happen.