Spider-Man 2

I am shocked I tell you shocked that no one has posted a Spidy 2 topic yet. Well I have remidied that now.

So down to buisiness. Who saw Spider man 2? Who liked Spider-Man 2, and did it meet and/or surpass your expectations.

By the way I have seen it already, but I would like to remain neutral.

Over here, it's not even out yet!!!! :evil:

I have to wait 'till 14th of july damn it!!!! AARRRGGHHH

Sorry, got carried away :P

For those who have seen it, please don't post any spoilers! If you can't control yourself and really have to post some spoilers, please put a warning in your message. Thx! :)

I'm seeing it next week when I get paid, but it looks really good. Depending on what times it playing I might see Dawn of the Dead straight after ^_^

Still from the trailers of SpiderMan 2 I can already tell that it looks really good 8)

Eh, I'd rather see it when it gets on DVD, want to see it completely and don't want some baby talking during the movie. Besides, if I have to go to the washroom during the movie, I can stop it instead of waiting for the movie to end before I can have relief. Also, food at home is cheaper than at the movie house.

Saw it, loved it, couldn't believe it!!!

I am sorry, you just HAVE to see this one in the theatres! I meen, if only for the operation room scene when the doctors are 'trying' to saw off the tentacles! That was a sheer horror movie scene, I meen, it had that total vibe of real disturbing fear. The best part was that they didn't cheapen it with blood splatters. THAT is how horror should be done. My girl freind was cringing, but it was still good.

And the elevator scene! one word, priceless.

I couldn't believe the amount of drama that they packed into this too. Peter had to confront EVERYONE. He didn't get away with a thing in this. It was very good emotionally, psycologically (man, why can't I ever spell the psycho words?), and all out on almost every drama level.

I even loved how they did that scene just for Toby McGuire, about his back. They had to dress Peter in some flannel thing for half the movie just because Toby had to wear a back brace because all his stunts were taking their toll.

I even loved how they did that scene just for Toby McGuire, about his back. They had to dress Peter in some flannel thing for half the movie just because Toby had to wear a back brace because all his stunts were taking their toll.

He hurts his back regaining the weight and muscle tone he lost for "Seabiscuit". The stunts just aggrevated the problem for him.

Pretty dedicated actor to put his body through that much strain, training 6 days a week on a busy schedule to regain his Spiderman physique. He just did it too fast and overstrained his back. Though in a way I supposed it helped his acting, in that the scenes Peter has a pained expression was not faked. He just let it all out. :twisted:

Overall the movie was a typical Sam Rami production but it was well done and came together nicely. Though considering the 3rd film was made at the same time as this one that we can expect even more to come. 8)

I saw the movie and it was awsome. Better then the first. One scene that is on my favs. Is when JJ is having his moment then spider man takes the suit back.

Or when Doctor Octopus throughs the honda accord through the window.

Personally my favorite scean's(sp) are of Spidy and JJ even in the comics those are just the funniest. Plus there is JJ's approach to money which is as about as scroge like as you can get.

In the movie I think J.K. Simmons is the perfect JJ heck he looks just like him. What say you good people of the Message Board.

I scene and loved the movie as well. I just think it is strange Dr. O took all those punches from spiderman... I mean... he is just human... spidermans punch should have caved in his face. lol

I scene and loved the movie as well. I just think it is strange Dr. O took all those punches from spiderman... I mean... he is just human... spidermans punch should have caved in his face. lol

Well, remember Spiderman is not a killer so he almost always pulls his punches. So he was trying to knock him out not kill him but those Arms had other plans.

Btw, in case anyone was wondering, each of Dr. Oc's Arms (I'm only refering to the movie version) are rated to lift up to 3 tons.

Originally about the same but over the years he's upgraded them, at least after Spiderman ripped off his originals from their sockets in a fit of rage, with options such as using near indestructable adamantium. With those he at one time at least was even able to knock the Hulk out with them, albiet he had caught him by surprise, was already gasing him, and Hulk was only at his base calm strength level which is 100 tons. So yes they are pretty darn powerful.

Movie also differs in that the arms are insulated and immune to magnetic fields. Also the movie version has a retractable spike and at least two of them double as extra eyes.

As for the 12 tons total, remember he has to use two of them to brace himself when lifting something otherwise his puny human body would have to support the weight... Ouch :twisted:

So more or less in the same class as Spiderman who maxes out at about 10 tons.

It is also important to remember that the comics and the movies differ greatly on the point of Doc Oc's tentecles. For example in the movie he needs to use two tent's to support himself fighting while in the comics he does not. Stan Lee still hasn't ironed out many of the details of his characters.

Proff of this lies in Spidy's wall crawling ablility. Untill recently his ability was never fully explained. His ability in the comics is a kinetic adhesion process; while in the movie it is hair like fibers that stick to walls.

There are so many characters whose powers have yet to be ffully explained.

It is also important to remember that the comics and the movies differ greatly on the point of Doc Oc's tentecles. For example in the movie he needs to use two tent's to support himself fighting while in the comics he does not. Stan Lee still hasn't ironed out many of the details of his characters.

Proff of this lies in Spidy's wall crawling ablility. Untill recently his ability was never fully explained. His ability in the comics is a kinetic adhesion process; while in the movie it is hair like fibers that stick to walls.

There are so many characters whose powers have yet to be ffully explained.

Actually Marvel already released books describing in detail their characters abilities. Problem is finding them as they are pretty rare. I glanced through a few of them during my comic book collection days, was too pricey for me to actually buy though. Anyway Spiderman was described to generate this electrochemical body auro that let him latch any part of his body to nearly any surface. So unlike the movie Spiderman he was not limited to just his hands and feet. The strength of this field was quite high as a panel showed Colossus grabbing Spiderman off a wall but wound up taking the wall along with Spiderman. Also unlike the movie the comic Spiderman did not make his own webbing, he used his brains and made artificial webbing.

Both methods have their benefits and downside. Main problem with organic webbing is you can't alter the mixter to fit a specific villian and if exhausted you run the risk of running out, but upside was he always had it available and all he needed was rest and food to make more. The artificial webbing needed maintainance for the webshooters, supplies of chemicals to make the webbing, and could be broken in battle, not to mention he had to remember to carry them, but on the plus he could make them any strength he wanted and could even make armor out of it for special occassions.

The thing to remember is Marvel reinvents its characters in every encarnation. The Spiderman movies being the latest they simply culled from modern science a new explaination for his abilities which in a way makes more sense than a random mutation from an irradiated spider. After all, as noted in the first movie, not all spiders have the same amazing set of abilities. So for the movie they bio-engineer a super spider. Using a virus to transmit the genes to the spider allowed it to then transmit the necessary genes to Parker without turning him into some mutant monster while at the same time making sure he got the full suite of spider abilities.

As for Doc Oc in the comics, not all Marvel characters are that well thought out. After all they gave him an obsession with fusion but only the movie version is immune to electro magnetism. The original arms were just simple hydrolic steel arms. Some version even had the arms as retractable. But note the movie version did use all four arms at certain occassions in the movie. The arms themselves aren't so heavy but rather when excerting a lot of force or when climbing along a surface do two arms need to brace for support.

um, the bio web shooting and finger spikes are not new. This is taken from Spiderman 2099. I used to love that comic, and was going to buy a freind's collection until he lost it all in storage.

For the guy in 2099, everything was genetic. His suit was a Mexican Halloween costume. He didn't activly try to become the new spiderman, it was the followers of Thor that prophesised his return. The writers were great, they tried to make everything 'plausible', I love how they borrowed a little from this