Marvel's Spider-Man 2

jerrygoodman

Very excited for this! I done beat that 1st game like 8 times. Good gawd I love this game. 

I played miles morales, and it was super fun at first and loved seeing New York in the winter, but it did get old real quick. I think its cause I never been super big into miles, and how they always give me new powers or bigger power levels. I swear bendis is just doing it to one up Peter Parker. 

And this game coming up, im so stoked for it! I dont even care if its the same game play and engine running it or not. Im that eager to play.

I just need to buy a ps5.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm... never saw that before. But i do recognize him. He voiced zoom in the flash cw series....

I dunno how I feel about this... he is a good actor but I feel his voice is too distinctive. Im gonna have a bug in my ear every time I hear his voice(like I did in flash, his voice and the character I see don't match in my brain and it breaks the realm of disbelief).

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I caved in and bought a ps5, love this great so much, rushed thru campaign cause I wanna be all "immersive". If a plot point feels time sensitive in a narrative manner, then I won't do side quests. Which sorta hurt me when it came to upgrading gear and I'm having major fights or boss fights. That said, story is over at 55% completion if you do no side missions.

I'm currently going thru after the game and getting all the quests done. Still love this game, but I think the 1st game has a more... playbackable value? 

That make sense?

On 11/11/2023 at 12:10 PM, Larz Zahn said:

I caved in and bought a ps5, love this great so much, rushed thru campaign cause I wanna be all "immersive". If a plot point feels time sensitive in a narrative manner, then I won't do side quests. Which sorta hurt me when it came to upgrading gear and I'm having major fights or boss fights. That said, story is over at 55% completion if you do no side missions.

I'm currently going thru after the game and getting all the quests done. Still love this game, but I think the 1st game has a more... playbackable value? 

That make sense?

Yeah, this one seems much more streamlined. Removing some bits, smoothing out some of the rougher edges and making generally easier to play. But that is what sequels can do sometimes. I have 100% the city, but am still a few trophies short of platinum... And I don't really care to put in the effort.

I generally found the combat much easier... but that is because of the added powers that Peter also has now, that Miles was given in his game. They had to balance him out and now both have gadgets and special powers that regenerate pretty quickly... And only get quicker when you buy upgrades.

Plus, I am kind of the opposite than you... When a side quest pops up, I try and do it ALL before I move on. So I leveled up VERY quickly and later fights against general mooks just seemed so easy... While bosses were still a little tough because I never used the new parry move, but I fought through them with the powers and gadgets. Plus I reacted to every time a crime popped up... Which isn't as limited like in the first game. They pop up TOO often in my opinion... But they did help me level up even quicker.

Overall, not as good as the first I don't think. Still really good, but the first game really caught lightning in a bottle. Part of me thinks it is because of the dilution of characters time because you have the main story, but then Peter and Miles stuff... So the main story kind of gets side tracked and you don't go to in depth as much (like Peters relationship with Dock Ock in the first game vs his relationship in #2 with Harry)... And Miles doesn't even really have a proper villain of his own to deal with.

Also, they need to stop with the Mary Jane missions. Good god they were boring in the first... But now she is basically a super hero as she takes out trained killers easier than Spider-man can (Angry Joe's review helps highlight this hilariously). I hated how they made her a reporter in this universe to begin with, but now she is basically a Silver Sable knock off.

Everybody wants to be a reporter... I'm really sick of it. I'm cool with Lois Lane, she's the original bad ass reporter chick... but not every girlfriend has to go this route.

I'm not big on flash, it got tiring with Iris being all reportery, and honestly being bad at it. Mary Jane never had the reporter vibe in the comics. (I think that got started with the ultimate cartoon) She honestly hated that side of things, the danger. She handled it well and fully supported Peter when needed. Hell, lots of times she thought up solutions for him quicker than he could. I loved that about her, how she complimented his life and helped him with nearly everything thst wasnt science. I think "Renew Your Vows" was the 1st time she stepped up in the hero bit, and it was soooo amazing. 

616 is getting so horrible because they removed MJ from the equation and it's lost the spark.

As bad as the MJ missions were, I'm jazzed they're at least making an effort to keep her relevant, tho admittedly taking some insanely stupid risks... seal team 6 MJ is more like it. And Coney Island? ****ing icing on the cake, and I don't handle sappy moments well, but ****ing brilliant. 

Wanna know when crime parts sucked in a game? Amazing spiderman 2. Really fun webswinging, but the crimes or random encounters were horrible. You had a meter that tracked the cities feelings about you. Below half way and people start coming after you. 

You have to do the crimes to keep the meter up. But each time you finished a crime, a small 30 sec cut scene would play. Super annoying right? It gets better. Ignoring them dropped the meter, and you only have enough time to barely get to the crime before it vanishes.

Now if your like me, some times I like to veg out and just swing around the city. Can't do that here. Once you get low enough on the meter flying giant robots will chase you and there will be large energy net roadblocks set up to stop you from swinging by.