Sign in to follow this  
Bio-Boosted Dude

Old Guyer RPGs

UPDATE: Download and install the RPG Maker XP Runtime Package from this page to get the game running:

https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was digging around some very very old documents from the mid-late 2000s and came across folders for some old RPG Maker XP games a member of The Guyver Net made back around ~2006.

He made two - one was an RPG following Guyver 3 breaking out Mizuki and Tetsuro from Chronos HQ and running into the Hyper Zoanoid Team 5 as a final boss battle, and the other was a very very short minigame set at Mt Narisawa - can't remember much about this one. The Guyver 3 one had cutscenes using screenshots from the anime and was realized pretty damn well. 

Anyway, big bad news is that very frustratingly ALL backups I have of these RPGs are missing tons of files for some reason - all the burned CDs, the folders on the actual laptop, everything I own that contains a backup. Presumably it was corrupted before I even backed it up and didn't realize.

I'm uploading what files I have for posterity, and maybe on the incredibly slim chance that someone that was involved in the community around 2006 still has these in full somewhere. I had to add a couple of placeholder files to get the game to run - "001-Blue01.png" in the Graphics/Windowskins i pinched off of Google Images, and "062-slow05.mp3" in Audio/BGM is a random track from Earthbound. These files are not from the game originally. Without these two files the game wouldn't run. Unfortunately trying to do anything once the menu appears will make the game realize more files are missing and crash it. 

At the very least, the sprite work is pretty impressive so it's worth having a peek at those files anyway

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Guyver RPGs.zip

Were they made by Odin?

Good news everyone!

I figured out that you can get the games running if you install the RPG Maker runtime package. I've linked to it in the first post and have added some screenshots. I also removed the small edits I made to get the game running (mentioned in the first post) so that these are totally accurate to what was released back in 2006. If you are in need of some Guyver content while the manga is on hiatus, well here ya go!

There's a message at the end of the Guyver 3 game which mentions that the games were made by Unito Guyva, who was a member on the old Guyver Board - I feel bad for not having remembered this as he was a good friend. He became inactive I guess 10 years ago or so (wow!) so I hope he's well wherever he is.

• Like 1

Bbdude, thank you so much for finding g this. Now I can't wait to get home and try it out. 

I been wanting to sit down long enough and watch the 12 ova again, (I been waiting to take a closer look at gregole for a while now) and hopefully this'll get me stirred up.

Dang I'm actually excited to play the Guyver 3.

I remember someone did a rpg maker short game with 3 or for Guyvers that he had made up for the game. Anybody else remember that?