A Great New Religion

Guest YoungGuyver

I was hanging out at the A.D.D. & a Cat house of Doom (almost every room mate is Attention Deficiet) and we had another one of our really cool conversations.

Apparently, on the last Canadian National Censis, about 40000 people claimed that their Religion was 'Jedi'.

This was waaayyy too sweet. Instantly, Marie decided that from this point on, she will claim her religion to be 'Trigun', and simply hold Vash as her prophet, and Remmy as her savior.

Issac and I got soooo jealous. We have decided to start a new religion of our own. We are now of the denomination of Guyverianism. yep, that's right. We have decided to believe that humanity has been created by aliens to be weapons. We believe that Alkanphel is our prophet, and Sho Fukimachi is our savior.

All Hail! And Welcome to the Church of the Zoa!!! (yeah)

I'm so excited, I can hardly wait until we have our first religious war. Well, unless we decide to follow the path of Sho... then maybe not

I remember I was reading an article a few months ago and they mentioned some religious group that believed humans had been created by genetic expirements by aliens. Seems like they were based in Germany, but I'm not sure on that by any means. I remember thinking it was a odd parallel with the Guyver series.Just thought you might like to know something similar actually apparently exists.

I have seen the light! It has tendrils^^

But what would you call this religion? Zoanism? Guyveranity? Gotta have something short and snappy for the next census^^

I can just see it now, the War of Religons

An Army of Otaku Guyver fanatics, dressed in Guyver and Zoanoid costumes, racing across a battle field to meet an army of Jedi Cloaked star wars fanatics.

Oh the possibilities.

I offically declare myself allied tot he church of Guyverianism! :lol:

I can just see it now, the War of Religons

An Army of Otaku Guyver fanatics, dressed in Guyver and Zoanoid costumes, racing across a battle field to meet an army of Jedi Cloaked star wars fanatics.

Oh the possibilities.

I offically declare myself allied tot he church of Guyverianism! :lol:

I also declare myself a Disciple of Guyverianism! May our new religion gain power and growth and stick itr to the Jedi. I picture our group the equalilent of a combination of light and dark versions of the Force.

Hey Dr. Valcus, Use the Force, er... Mega Smasher!

Armageddon.

:roll: I can see it now... Guyverianism campain ad...

On open and rocky terrain a cloaked figure of a dark Jedi is confronted with what appears to be a mere boy. The dark Jedi tries to bend the will of the boy with no effect, in anger he uses the dark Jedi lightning attack and slams the boy to the ground. The boy smiles as he gets up and yells "Guyver" shocking the dark Jedi, who quickly activates his double light saber. The Guyver fires pulses from his head beam which the dark Jedi blocks with the double light saber and then uses the force to send a nearby boulder flying towards the Guyver who just slices it apart with his vibrational swords. Now worried the dark Jedi uses the force to lift the Guyver in an attempt to knock him away but the Guyver activates his gravity control orb and stops in mid air as he activates his sonic busters and causes the dark Jedi's head to explode. Even as his body falls to the floor a rumble can be heard as a small army of Jedi can now be seen running towards the lone Guyver. The Guyver simply rips open its Mega Smashers and obliterates all the Jedi in a spectacular show of raw power. It appears the Guyver had easily won the battle when a lone Jedi appear behind the Guyver and is about to charge in with his light saber when the Guyver casually holds out one hand behind him and fires a single handed mini-pressure cannon at the charging Jedi, blowing his head off. The Guyver then deactivates his armor and the boy smiles at the camera before walking away towards the horizon. An announcer then appears before the camera and says, "The Jedi may have the ability to manipulate the force but the Guyver is the power of the force personified"

Screen then goes dark with the caption "This ad was brought to you by the commity for Guyverianism" :lol:

Then in another ad they show the regenerative powers of the Guyver and compare it to all the Jedi's with mechanical limbs, which would you prefer? :twisted:

Screen then goes dark with the caption "This ad was brought to you by the commity for Guyverianism" :lol:

Then in another ad they show the regenerative powers of the Guyver and compare it to all the Jedi's with mechanical limbs, which would you prefer? :twisted:

Now that is a religion I would join in a heart beat. :shock:

I also declare myself a Disciple of Guyverianism! May our new religion gain power and growth and stick itr to the Jedi. I picture our group the equalilent of a combination of light and dark versions of the Force.

Hey Dr. Valcus, Use the Force, er... Mega Smasher!

Armageddon.

Dammit!!!!!!!! A god damm paradox

Very funny, Zeo! :lol::lol::lol:

Though, how effective would a Guyver be against a Jedi Guyver?

Armageddon.

Yes I wonder MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Some of us have WAY too much free time on our hands...

Ah hell, sign me up too.

By the way.. did you guys ever notice that in most religions, the higher the preacher's rank, the taller his hat? Do guyver-i-vangilist (need a better name for that, don't we?) get more Sensory spikes?

Hrmm.. Agito fancies himself a kind of dark savior.. and he's got alot of spikes...

I might be onto something here.. or maybe I'm up way too late again?

Ah hell, sign me up too.

By the way.. did you guys ever notice that in most religions, the higher the preacher's rank, the taller his hat? Do guyver-i-vangilist (need a better name for that, don't we?) get more Sensory spikes?

Hrmm.. Agito fancies himself a kind of dark savior.. and he's got alot of spikes...

I might be onto something here.. or maybe I'm up way too late again?

I never noticed that about preachers. The things i learn here. :!:

I could only guess that Guyverized preachers might go through a process that makes however many sensory spikes they have grow longer.

And yes, Guyver III does have a bunch of spikes, so i guess as a preacher he'd have like 10 or so promotions. :twisted: Scary thought.

Armageddon.

I don't work, I don't go to school, I barely sleep and I'm always on the net! I have more then a enough time on my hands. ^_^

An announcer then appears before the camera and says, "The Jedi may have the ability to manipulate the force but the Guyver is the power of the force personified"

I like that.

I can just see a Guyver wiping out an army of Jedi. In fact earlier me and Masafu got into an arguement of sorts, he thought Jedi were way better then Guyvers in all fields, speed, power, strength, abilities. And I countered him on subjects ^_^

I can just see a Guyver wiping out an army of Jedi. In fact earlier me and Masafu got into an arguement of sorts, he thought Jedi were way better then Guyvers in all fields, speed, power, strength, abilities. And I countered him on subjects ^_^

As I know it the jedi have much stronger ablities. Thier telekentic ablitties are almost bound less. In the jedi acdamey when several put thier mind to it they were able to 4 Imeperal Star Destoriers to the end of a solar system. Thats like moving the huwain islands to pluto. Plus all any jedi would have to do is telekenitcaly rip out a guyvers control medal and they would win.

As I know it the jedi have much stronger ablities. Thier telekentic ablitties are almost bound less. In the jedi acdamey when several put thier mind to it they were able to 4 Imeperal Star Destoriers to the end of a solar system. Thats like moving the huwain islands to pluto. Plus all any jedi would have to do is telekenitcaly rip out a guyvers control medal and they would win.

Yes... but a Jedi required decades of training to be of even close to that power... a guyver can bond to a host and go on a rampage of death only minutes later..

It's simple math. Average guyver vs average jedi, one on one... Guyver = pwning the jedi. It's just that easy.

Yes... but a Jedi required decades of training to be of even close to that power... a guyver can bond to a host and go on a rampage of death only minutes later..

It's simple math. Average guyver vs average jedi, one on one... Guyver = pwning the jedi. It's just that easy.

Hmmmm.....Math....... Jedi + Guyver= being whos powers have endless potenial who can kick a guyvers or a jedis but in two seconds flat.

Hey that reminds me I'm a jedi guyver :twisted: MWHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Of course, the since this is a guyver religion topic, and your obviously double agent, Jedi, we'll have to kill you now to make sure none of our secret aggendas will fall into the hands of your supperiors..

Either that or we can have Kirstie trap you between seconds, so you'll be forever unable to interact with active time. Either one works.. :twisted:

As I pointed out to Masafu, yes, the Jedi are powerful, but compare their abilities to the Guyver.

Jedi can use the force to do a great many things, lift heavy objects, predict their opponents movements, deflect lasers and have a multitude of other abilities including force lightning and the mind trick. And they're also a little above average in strength and speed. BUT!!

They certainly can't match a Guyver in raw speed, they can't fly, and their ability to deflect lasers would only work if the Guyver fires its head laser. If a guyver uses its Sonic Emitters or Pressure Cannon, this isn't to mention the Mega Smasher. As for the ability to lift and throw things through telekinesis well as Zeo pointed out in his creative piece, a Guyver just has to use his gravity powers to stop itself. And the mind trick will only work assuming that the Guyver isn't immune to that sort of thing (Example, how the creators couldn't control the host of Guyver O.)

In my opinon, the Guyver will trash a Jedi everytime.

I'm Riven Tora, and thats my Two Cents

Of course, the since this is a guyver religion topic, and your obviously double agent, Jedi, we'll have to kill you now to make sure none of our secret aggendas will fall into the hands of your supperiors..

Either that or we can have Kirstie trap you between seconds, so you'll be forever unable to interact with active time. Either one works.. :twisted:

Looks like I'm going to have to be a lone reanger and do everything by my law.

Jedi can use the force to do a great many things, lift heavy objects, predict their opponents movements, deflect lasers and have a multitude of other abilities including force lightning and the mind trick. And they're also a little above average in strength and speed. BUT!!

They certainly can't match a Guyver in raw speed, they can't fly, and their ability to deflect lasers would only work if the Guyver fires its head laser. If a guyver uses its Sonic Emitters or Pressure Cannon, this isn't to mention the Mega Smasher. As for the ability to lift and throw things through telekinesis well as Zeo pointed out in his creative piece, a Guyver just has to use his gravity powers to stop itself. And the mind trick will only work assuming that the Guyver isn't immune to that sort of thing (Example, how the creators couldn't control the host of Guyver O.)

As for you Riven thos powers that you pointed out are just every day powers that they show in the movies, but there are many other ablities that make a jedi much more dangerous. Like the ablity to slow time around them. Also a jedi could just crush all the organs in side a guyvers body leaving them incaspaicated, while the jedi would come up and just slash the control medal with a light saber.

The only real thing that makes a guyver dangerous to a jedi is the mega smasher, and even with that they could just move out of the way using force speed.

As for you Riven thos powers that you pointed out are just every day powers that they show in the movies, but there are many other ablities that make a jedi much more dangerous. Like the ablity to slow time around them. Also a jedi could just crush all the organs in side a guyvers body leaving them incaspaicated, while the jedi would come up and just slash the control medal with a light saber.

The only real thing that makes a guyver dangerous to a jedi is the mega smasher, and even with that they could just move out of the way using force speed.

Incorrect, a Guyver can simply use the head beam and sonic busters at the same time to easily kill a Jedi and I doubt a Jedi can protect itself from a pressure cannon.

But the movie version is the only cannon version of the Jedi. The novels and such are not cannon anymore than the numerous Star Trek novels are. Even taking them into account you forget a Jedi is totally dependant on the force for their power and otherwise have perfectly normal limitations.

For example they only seem fast because they predict their opponents movement and react before it happens, giving the illusion of superhuman speed. A Guyver is naturally superhumanly fast and its hyper sensors gives it all the warning it needs.

As for the crushing of internal organs you forget that would only cause the Guyver to go into self defense mode. So the Jedi would still have to fight the Guyver but no Jedi can do these tricks instantly. So a Guyver is more likely to kill the Jedi first. Course a Jedi could just levitate a mountain and drop it on the Guyver but levitation is relatively slow so a Guyver could still dodge or kill the Jedi before the mountain gets too close.

The lightning attack may be effective against normal people and less skilled Jedi but it is nowhere near powerful enough to harm a Guyver unless it has a direct hit upon the CM and firing lightning is never that accurate.

The time effect, even if valid, would still have to exceed the Guyver's speed and agility to be effective. After all when was the last time you saw a Jedi run 250 MPH.

You are also assuming the light saber would be an effective weapon against a Guyver. I think not because of the Guyver's high durability and extreme heat resistance it could very well be able to withstand the light saber or at the very least reduce its effectiveness enough that it would take multiple strikes.

Physically a Jedi has no enhanced strength, relying on the force to perform superhuman feats so in close range a Guyver can simply crush the Jedi to a pulp.

A Jedi can withstand environmental extremes for short periods but the Guyver would remain fully functional for the same amount of time. So like on a space station, a Guyver can simply depressurize the section they are in and while the Jedi struggles to survive the Guyver can just move in for the kill.

So yes a Jedi can potentially do more than a Guyver but the Guyver is a living weapon and thus has the advantage in battle. Only if the Guyver hesitates do I see the Jedi winning.

Besides, if you include the novels for the Jedi then you also have to include the fan fiction for the Guyvers. Some of which exceed even the most powerful of Jedi in raw power.

The time effect, even if valid, would still have to exceed the Guyver's speed and agility to be effective. After all when was the last time you saw a Jedi run 250 MPH.

You are also assuming the light saber would be an effective weapon against a Guyver. I think not because of the Guyver's high durability and extreme heat resistance it could very well be able to withstand the light saber or at the very least reduce its effectiveness enough that it would take multiple strikes.

Speed look at the phantom menace. When Qui-gon and obi-one are in thetrade federation ship at the beinging when the are getting attacked by the destorier droids. when they leave it is in a matter of a few frames. I think that counts for more than enough speed to compete with a guyver.

Also In the phantom menace at the same point in time Qui-gon uses his light saber to go through several feet of Dura-steel. A matieral that can handel spce traveling and entering the atmoshsphere. Thats got to be more than 20 times stronger than steel. In addition a guyvers resitance to heat means nothing as a lightsaber does not radiate heat at all.

I'm not trying to say a jedi is better than a guyver Im just trying to prove a point that a jedi vs. a guyver is not a hands down win for a guyver.

Wheres Sith when I need him? :(

Speed look at the phantom menace. When Qui-gon and obi-one are in thetrade federation ship at the beinging when the are getting attacked by the destorier droids. when they leave it is in a matter of a few frames. I think that counts for more than enough speed to compete with a guyver.

Also In the phantom menace at the same point in time Qui-gon uses his light saber to go through several feet of Dura-steel. A matieral that can handel spce traveling and entering the atmoshsphere. Thats got to be more than 20 times stronger than steel. In addition a guyvers resitance to heat means nothing as a lightsaber does not radiate heat at all.

I'm not trying to say a jedi is better than a guyver Im just trying to prove a point that a jedi vs. a guyver is not a hands down win for a guyver.

Wheres Sith when I need him? :(

Dura-Steel and Bio Material a two different things Jedi, the bio armor is constantly healing damage made to it, making it an effective armor, and if you take into consideration the Yuuzhann Vong body armor they use, it to is a living creature and it can take several direct hits from Lightsabers and laser fire before it starts to buckle. The only way this armor has been defeated (to my knowledge) is through gaps near the arm pits and causing it to have an allergic reaction to a certain polen.

The Guyver however is much more advance, I'm not saying the Lightsaber wouldn't do any damage, I'm just saying its not going to do as much damage as what you think it might.

As for Qio-Gon and Obiwan seeming to move fast, well that was just a power jump, they used the force to propell themselves.

Time manipulation was not used in the movie, also frame timing is not accurate for the simple fact it is a movie. They never show how long it really takes. A 11 hour trip at light speed can be over in just a few frames. You are taking the movie too literally. Switching between frames can show an entirely different time reference and does not tell you actually how long it took them to get out.

As for the Force jump, it will take a lot more than that to out maneuver a Guyver.

For comparison, Jet Li's The One could run just over 50 MPH, a Guyver can go 250 MPH and fly 300 MPH. Do you really think a Jedi could keep up with that kind of speed?

In addition a guyvers resitance to heat means nothing as a lightsaber does not radiate heat at all.

Wrong, the light saber is an energy weapon, all the damage it does translate to heat. Same reason why light saber wounds never bleed because the intense heat of the blade cauterizes the wound instantly. But its not a flame so heat does not radiate beyond the space of the blade itself.

Riven already noted a Star Wars equivalent armor to show how tough it would be for a light saber to get through a Guyver armor. And I did say at worst it would take several hits.

However, I do agree it is not a hands down Guyver will win, but like I said before that will mainly happen only if the Guyver hesitates and gives the Jedi time to concentrate something nasty on it. Remember, aside from the force the Jedi are just normal humanoids and can be killed just as easily as the rest of us. The Guyver is a living weapon and much harder to kill so it does have an advantage, it doesn't mean the Jedi have no chance just not all that great of a chance.

Besides there aren't that many who can become Jedi while anyone can become a Guyver and given enough units can easily overwhelm the Jedi if it comes to that.

A Jedi Guyver would be interesting however, like many religions Guyverianism could always absorb other religions into their ranks :twisted: