Sign in to follow this  
Chernaudi

My Guyver and Twilight Saga crossover fic that I've hinted at

Hi.  I'd like to share with you something that I've been working on for a while in my free time.  It's a Twilight Saga/Bio-Booster Armor Guyver crossover fan fic that I've been working on.  It's mostly meant to be a comedy/sci-fi/action adventure item that I've been writing mostly for fun.  It's got all the important Guyver and Twilight characters, and a few OC's.  Of course, I've fallen into the same "cast of snowflakes" deal that Stephanie Meyer and Yoshiki Takaya has, though I only have a few OC's that feature often in the story.

The basic plot is this:  strange goings on have been happening in the forests near Forks, Washington.  Both Chronos and the Volturi (Twilight's main antagonist) have been defeated and have abdicated power.  But if you think that our heroes aren't busy, well, you'd be mistaken.  Intregued by what's going on, Sho, Mizuki, and especially Natsuki and Tetsuro go to Forks to investigate, and are joined by Shizu and Agito (who own a home in the area in my story), and are also joined by the Cullen vampires, as well as various vampire hybrids, such as Christian, who prefers to go by the nickname of Camel, who is a retired US Army Major, Army Ranger and Paratooper, and his wife, a Dutch-born vampire hybrid named Lia who's as powerful and talented as all-hell, as is Camel (Lia can screw around with electo-magnectic and gravitational fields, Camel can transform himself into about any creature imaginable if he can get in contact with it's DNA), and Melinda and Jess, two sisters who have strange abilities as far as aletering people's perceptions and implanting visions into their heads, and can use magic against her enemies, respectively. 

They are opposed primarily by a cadre of nitwits and amoral buffoons who want to take over the world and rule.  The organization is a parody of the Volturi and Chronos, as well as poking fun at some of the Nazi and Soviet stuff from the World War II period of time.  So it's a bit of a history lesson at times, as well as the historic aircraft, cars and other vehicles that feature in.

In the end, it'll probably have something for everyone because of how many areas that it covers with items.  I did mostly write this because I wanted to introduce people to Guyver, which I've been a fan of since my childhood, and because I got a bit tired of Twilight being seen as being just for girls.  So I decided to try and kill two birds with one stone, and, besides, I always wondered what could be done with a Twilight Saga/Guyver crossover with all the characters and powers/abilities.

Just a couple of notes before I discuss more later, because I'm cooking right now while I'm trying to post this, but these are a couple of very important points.  First, Natsuki, as we all know, is a major sci-fi fan, but she also becomes interested in vampires and werewolves and other urban legends in these stories.  She's one of the major research catalyst in the stories, and she forms a friendship with most of the OCs and Cullens.

Also, in my fan fic stories that she'll feature in, Shizu is a vampire hybrid, but, unlike the others, she wasn't born that way.  She was processed into one in an attempt to extend her short life since her Zoaforming.  Not only does she become virtually immortal, but her Zoalord powers are magnified, and she possesses a phenomenal combat and psychic abilities even in her human form.  She also forms a friendship with the Cullens and OCs.

So that's all I have for this moment--time to focus on dinner, but I wanted to get a post down as a bit of an intro into what I'm trying to do with this story.

Hi again. 

This is the first time that I've worked on my fan fic in about a week.  It does take a while for me to get a chapter done because of work and other things.  But with it getting warmer out and and me having more energy and free-time, I should be able to start to work on it more often.  I got a few pages done, but nothing major aside from some plot stuff which I'll describe later on if anyone's interested.

I do plan on working on it this weekend and I hope to get the chapter that I'm working on done soon, and I'd like to share with anyone the plot and the story so far, but there may be spoilers.

Well, it took me forever it seemed, between work, doctor's appointments, finding out I have diabetes, and not feeling well due to weather changes, but chapter 8 is done.  I'll try and start on chapter 9 soon.  But right now, I'll probably be going to sleep soon, so no work on that tonight.  So far, there's been some TMI moments involving the Guyver males (Agito, Sho and Aptom), a Twilight male (Jacob) and a male OC (Camel), with all the girls listening in to their amusement.  Also, the man antagonist at this stage got arrested when Shizu called the cops on him--she, perhaps, might regret not using her powers to kill him or maim him more than she did.  However, it's up to Lia (an OC, vampire hybrid and Camel's wife) to find out what may happen next.

So that's what I've gotten done so far, and I'll try and get back to work soon.

OK, fan fic update. 

I finally finished chapter 8 a few days ago, and on Sunday, I already got nearly half of chapter 9 done.  It's a chapter involving Lia, who is the wife of Camel, fighting a couple of Zoanoids who were attempting a plot involving plastic explosives.  She soon finds out what they were planning to us it for, and, though not as sinister a plot as she suspected initially, she still stopped them from carrying out something evil.  Aside from the fact that some Twilight characters (Bella, Edward, Renesmee, Jacob) and Guyver characters (Shizu and Agito namely) show up, it's mostly about Lia acting on her own to stop the plot. 

This also includes a demonstration of Lia's powers, which involves manipulation and generation of electrical and electromagnetic fields.  Her powers would put those of Elegen to shame, and would also turn him into a smoked eel if he fought against her.

Actually, if anyone wants a character list and descriptions, I'd be happy to post them here for when I get this story finished, beta'd and published, or if anyone just wants to know what I'm doing with it.

OK everyone, a question:  a near the conclusion of this chapter, Shizu will attack someone.  For future reference, how often should I have transform into Griselda?  She already has once, but I don't want to over use it, or her new powers she has as a vampire hybrid.  Any suggestions?

Hi again everyone.

I haven't worked on my fan fic in over a month in a half, and I'm thinking of starting up again.  I was wondering if anyone had some ideas or things that they'd like to talk about or questions that I could ponder while I get ready to get started again?

I had this idea since I became a fan of the Twilight novels and films in 2009.  I had my first exposure to Bio-Booster Armor Guyver though the OVA cartoons after Manga Entertainment got the rights to them from US Renditions when I was around 10 years old.  But knowing what I knew about Guyver and what I learned about Twilight, I wondered who would do better in a fight.  Also, in Twilight, I think that someone needed to feared by the Volturi, aside from my OC's from the fan fic I've been working on, one of which is sort of a tribute to some Guyver characters. 

So I imagined a world where Chronos was defeated, and the Volturi was put in their place.  But there's still an evil force out there that the Guyver and Twilight characters would be best equipped to deal with.

I also wanted to write something kinda funny for light reading and also for those who wanted a Twilight story that was different.  Well, Guyver is certainly different.

And I also wanted to give the girls of Guyver some time to shine in the spotlight, especially Shizu and Natsuki.  Hell, Shizu, Natsuki and Mizuki probably wouldn't be out of place reading Twilight, and I also added a sci-fi touch with there being something going on that's weird.  I also had my own idea of how to prolong Shizu's life and give her the ability to do some stuff that she'd probably like to do if she survives her and Agito's battle with Chronos.  Though with as much as a lot of know about Shizu, a lot of that stuff isn't too far out of scope for her, aside from what she becomes and how it effects her powers.

You'd probably find more interesting stuff by reading the intro post, but I assume that you already did that.  No matter, there's a lot more stuff here  ;)  :

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index.php/topic/7435-twilight-creatures-vs-guyver-creatures-and-my-idea-for-the-ultimate-battle-creature/

And less connected but still important to the background of the story:

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index.php/topic/7642-women-in-guyver/

I hope that this helps out, though it's a bit breif (I have a few things to work on before I have some dinner), but feel free to ask more questions if you want to ask about something else, because I already get the feeling that this may raise more questions than answers ;)

Problem is that it took me forever to work on it, and I only started it after finishing off some Twilight fan fics, and one Twilight oriented one about a couple of OC's originally created for the Twilight fan fics.  Of course, Guyver did inspire both of those OC's powers, and a couple of other OC's are anime and manga fans, including Guyver.

I've had a hard time working on it, too, because occasionally I'd get writer's block, as well as it being cold and with renovations going on at my house.  At least I hope that I'll be able to write again soon.

I probably won't work on this until the end of the week--I'm busy trying to watch the 2013 12 Hours of Sebring on You Tube, and there's stuff going on at my house as far as work getting done to it.  But hopefully by the end of this week, I'll be able to do something.  Right now, Shizu is at a home where Aptom and his wife (an OC, and yes, Aptom did get married in my story) as well as Renesmee/Nessie and Jacob from Twilight are talking about stuff.  I won't say what it is because, one, it's a bit of a spoiler, and two, it's been so long that I worked on this chapter that I don't really remember anyways!

But hopefully I'll be back in fan fic mode by the end of this week.

Problem is that between Guyver characters, Twilight characters, and my original characters, there's already almost too many characters to keep track of.  Also, I never really though to bringing something like Blade to the table, though indirectly, several vampire hybrid characters (Lia, Camel, Shizu, and others) can be sort of thought of in that vein.  Lia and Camel were born that way, like Nessie was, while Shizu was created that way.  I've even found a loop hole that allowed Shizu to become a vampire hybrid though Zoaform-like processing.  Though, I can't give too much away for spoilers and I still have to refine the details of that stuff.

But at least I have some ideas for it and other things, like Camel's abilities.

Sadly, that's not my intent.  Though Shizu was the first to beat the hell out of a antagonist, and Sho and Agito later had a go at him.  Just the first of many ass-beatings this hapless character will be getting from both Twilight and Guyver characters.  Natsuki made an ass out of him by not even hardly lifting a finger and Mizuki wanted to kill him--and even she could've too, it not for this character being almost immortal.

Remember this is fan fic, after all.  And as such, the author can do as he pleases, at least to some degree.  Having Shizu become a vampire hybrid essentially grants here increased powers and immortality.

In the actual canon of Guyver, Shizu did recover (though processing) from her injuries, but it's unclear how long she has to live or if Agito and Hekkelring are able to prolong her life or figure out a way to make her a full Zoalord, which would grant her near immortality within canon (only the more powerful Zoalords, Gigantic Guyvers and Gigantic Exceed would likely be able to kill her).

But in my fan fic, I worked around her likelihood of dying soon by making her a vampire hybrid, which like the vampires in Twilight and the Guyver units in Guyver, are nearly immortal.

In actual Guyver canon, proto-Zoalord is probably the best way to describe Shizu as Griselda.  She's much more capable in terms of psychic abilities and combat/healing abilities, but she's technically not a full-fledged Zoalord.

Guest snow

Yeah,I never would have thought she would become like a proto- zoalord and join Agito's rebellion.

Just curious: what gave you that idea? Shizu has shown a virtually unabated desire to assist Agito in his "attempts" to right the wrongs of Chronos. That only intensified after her grandfather died because, IMO, she then gained an added revenge motive of her own. Though not really canonical to the manga, in the TV series Shizu started to become seriously unhinged/depressed/anxious at the thought of Agito being dead and her not really being able to do anything about it or Chronos or anything. Of course, that was never really explored in the Manga--instead (though as in the TV series) she did go sort of insane when Neo-ZXTole tried to kill Agito. Sort of a mix of bravery, insanity, being pissed, and not wanting to see Agito die without herself dying as well. I do have to admit that for a young woman who's as kind and compassionate as she is, Shizu does at times seem a bit emotionally unstable when it comes to Agito, not that she can be entirely blamed, having experienced seeing what happened to Agito when his parents died, and not ever seemingly ever getting to know her own parents. And aside from Agito, she's lost almost everything that's ever been really important to her, namely her family. I guess that would make anyone a bit unhinged.

Of course, this does connect to my fan fic in that when Shizu gains her powers, she does take full advantage of them to protect innocent people and she does show some slight anti-heroic traits (do on to others as they do on to you kind of stuff, or in her case, do on to evil with evil, do on to violence with violence, etc). And because of largely being able to live in peace and not worry about Chronos anymore, Shizu does find peace and in general lives a much happier life than she does now, and can focus on being "human" again.

Her vampire hybridization does basically make her immortal and essentially makes her a full Zoalord. It's like taking her and her abilities to a new level. Slight spoiler, but in her human form as a vampire hybrid/zoalord, she's at least as powerful as a standard Guyver, if not more, but without the Guyver armor's vulnerabilities. In Twilight canon, vampire skin is impenetrable by virtually anything and can't be damaged by acids, for example. By the same token, vampire venom can be highly acidic and poisonous, not to any serious degree to a Guyver, but to most Zoanoids. Meaning, since she's venomous as a vampire hybrid, Shizu can bite a Zoanoid and stand a good chance of killing it, as well as being able to inject a poison that can damage those creatures immune systems.

Though, to be honest, I can't really remember, but in the science/philosophy thread, I did have a discussion sort of about this topic of Twilight characters vs Guyver characters, Shizu becoming a vampire hybrid and her enhanced/new powers, and what other hybrids can do. There was a discussion there about that stuff, and I'd check it out just to see if you can pick up anything that'd stand out. It was a pretty big discussion for a while about the more sciency aspects of this.

Edited by Chernaudi

Guest snow

well. I've mainly watched the 2005 complete season of Guyver:Bioboosted Armor. I guess I thought that she would value her humanity more like Mizuki and Tetsuro. I mean, its the only thing that sets a huge gap between them and the Zoanoid side. But Agito in the manga didn't  even refer to his men or Shizu as Zoanoids. He just named them as a completely different  species called the Liberatus or however you name it and he justified it even though they were still zoanoids designed by a scientist who had been working for Chronos. I guess it showed me that Agito didn't fully want to destroy the Zoanoids. He wanted the Zoalords out of the way so he could be in charge of Kronos and rule the world. I mean he goes on and on how no one is going to threaten his lfie ever again and how he's going to be the new god of the world like Zeus and rule everyone. So if he gets Sho and Arkenphel out of the way,and make fear and terror with the Guyver. He can control Kronos and he'll have  an army of Zoanoids serving him. They'd be crazy to go against him in his Gigantic. I guess I was surprised when Shizu volunteered to be a zoalord of the libertus. I admit I didn't know her character at all, huge surprise for me. I just saw her role in the anime as very small. But the manga surprised me. I totally didn't see her coming at all. Which makes me like her. She's got almost as much ambition as Agito.

That's very much so right, but their ambitions are different.  Agito wants to rule the world in place of Chronos to right their wrongs in his way.  Shizu wants for Agito to be able to let go of his anger and she also wants to see Chronos fall.  Still, though, their personalities can't be much different.  Agito is amoral, and not afraid to use violence and aggression to get what he wants.  Shizu is a lot more moral, is much more compassionate and kind, and she's extremely caring and gentle by nature. 

That being said, Shizu won't willingly let anyone, let alone herself, stand in the way of Agito's ambition.  On top of that, she has an urge to help Agito in any way she possibly can.  Partially, she volunteered to become Griselda to that end, as well as wanting to harm Chronos out of revenge for Agito and his parents and for the death of her grandfather, and she still sees Sho and his friends as her friends, regardless of Agito's stance on them, so she's got a lot of pent up aggression and a desire to right wrongs of her own.  Needless to say, Shizu's pretty pissed about quite a few things, but she's a lot more "sane" than Agito is, and she hasn't let the tragedy that she's seen totally shape her.

But in my fan fic, seeing as all she's gone though in the manga, I do feel that Shizu should have the opportunity to be happy and have some joy in her life, something she's seen less off as time went on in the manga.  That, and I think that even if he's had a change of heart and become more of a "traditional" hero, Agito would still find joy in being the mischievous, fighty anti-hero.  And even Shizu, though she prefers not to, isn't above using violence against those who harm or threaten to harm others.  She does give her enemies several chances to back off, but if they won't listen to reason...

A lot of this has been going on in my story so far.

Guest snow

Yeah. You're right about Agito being Immoral. If he truly cared about Shizu, he wouldn't have let her do that to herself. I wouldn't want someone I loved being optimized and having their life reduced to a year. I mean, that's like being close with someone who has cancer. Its really depressing that you know that the one you love has little time left in the world. But it also showed that Shizu had more heart than Agito. It showed that Shizu was willing to give her life for what she believed in. While Agito is willing to give everyone and anyone's lives for what he can get and he used Shizu and I hope when she dies or if Yoshiki chooses to have her die. I hope her death wakes Agito up that ruling the world as a Titan isn't what its cracked up to be. When he gets Kronos , what else is there other than an army? He'll have no one to care about him, he'll still lose. We're nothing without the ones we care about. He won't be able to share his victory with the ones that care about him. He has no unity and that's what makes Agito weak. It just made me feel disappointed in Agito because of that. He really doesn't care about anyone but for what he can get out of them and he will be nothing once there is nothing left for him to take. He's a real let down and I'm glad Sho is stronger than him and I'm glad Sho strives to protect those he loves because without the ones he loves, there wouldn't be a point. That's where a mans heart , soul, and true freedom is in. Sho's got something, and that something is a lot to fight for. Agito is fighting for a lot less. Possessions only get a person so far. Armies, wealth, power....he will grow tired of it and wonder why if at all it was worth it all. It won't bring back his parents and he's killing the ones close to him just to get it. It makes him no better than Kronos. 

And that's right, too.  We can see that Agito in the end won't be getting what he wants--he will, but he'll likely get bored of bring ruler of the world.  Meanwhile, Shizu feels like she's got a lot to fight for as far as her helping Agito.  That will carry over into my story.  When she moves to Forks and people get to know her, they sort of fall in love with Shizu because of who she is as a person.  However, the also have immense respect for her--they know that she's a compassionate person, but they also know that they don't wanna be on her bad side, which is hard to do, but when they get there, they'll wish they never went that far.  She may obviously be a saint compared to Agito, but in my story, she'll still get Medieval on people's asses when they threaten those she holds to be loved ones or the innocent.

That's not to say that there won't be lighthearted stuff involving Shizu; there will be plenty.  She's one of the more "girly" characters and she'll talk about that kind of stuff, and we'll get to hear and peer into her mind as to what she thinks.  She also will definitely have a sense of humor and will make asides and observations on what she sees and hears.  She'll even have thoughts and observations about what one of the male characters thinks about her "girlishness" and why she likes that POV.

Of course, I do have to say in general in my story most chapters are narrated from a female POV, and one of the male characters will make observations about "feminine" stuff, which all the female characters appreciate.

Have either of you considered things from Agito's point of view? His parents were driven to despair and suicide, he was raised by one of the most callous, depraved, cruel people in his world - arguably just as bad as Guyot - and, out of the only two people he could trust, one of them died for him, and the other one is killing herself for him. Out of all the lessons he's learned during his life, I'd say that the one that stuck was: the world will hurt you, unless you hurt it first.

Really, if you can't empathize with all of your characters, you're not going to be a very good writer, Chernaudi.

Have either of you considered things from Agito's point of view? His parents were driven to despair and suicide, he was raised by one of the most callous, depraved, cruel people in his world - arguably just as bad as Guyot - and, out of the only two people he could trust, one of them died for him, and the other one is killing herself for him. Out of all the lessons he's learned during his life, I'd say that the one that stuck was: the world will hurt you, unless you hurt it first.

Really, if you can't empathize with all of your characters, you're not going to be a very good writer, Chernaudi.

I do understand why Agito does a lot of what he does, but it doesn't mean that I have to condone or endorse some of his actions. Problem is that Agito has let what happened to him shape him into the very thing that he wants to fight. In some ways, Agito is almost as bad as the worst of Chronos.

Sho has experienced very extreme tragedy in his life, but he hasn't let it turn him into a quasi-psychopathic anti-hero. Hell, Shizu has had almost everyone she's ever truly loved die aside from Agito. Her parents seem to be dead--albeit due to untimely yet presumably otherwise mundane causes--Yohei died in front of her. And she bore witness to what happened to Agito and that developed her resolve to do what she's done to this point.

The fact is that Shizu seems to realize that Agito is basically the only really important thing that she's got left, Agito is essentially her point to living, and she's willing to die for him. Agito has seemingly let that, at least until recently, not sink in. He's always seen Shizu as a friend and aide, and pretty much only that. She's seen Agito as her soul mate, he means the world to her.

So I'll ask this about both Shizu and Agito: if Agito achieves his aim, what will he and Shizu (if she lives) have to celebrate?

If Shizu dies and he doesn't do anything about it, Agito IMO won't have too much left to be happy about. He may rule the world, but he'll have no one to share it with, and believe me, that may turn into a case of self-destruction. It's like H'wood people having drug problems and committing suicide even though it looks on the surface that they have everything they could ever want, wealth, power, and success. There's a lot more to life and happiness than that. Agito will eventually want more "highs", but if there's really nothing left to get a "high" from, what will he do?

As far as Shizu goes, she might be happy that Agito gets what he's wanted. However, since Agito so far has never reciprocated the love that Shizu has for him on the same level, how will that make her feel? If she lives, that unrequited love might become a huge bother for her. Again, like Agito, Shizu will want more "highs", and as far as her love/romantic life, she probably won't get that from Agito, not unless he changes.

And I do feel that maybe Agito is changing a bit based on his recent appearances in the manga. IMO, it does take a strong man to admit that he's wrong. And it does seem that Agito is realizing that even with as far as he's gotten, that's he's not gone about things the best way that he could've. It's like when he challenged Sho to that confrontation. Sho showed that you need more than an enemy and an iron will to defeat Chronos, you need something and someone to fight for, and Agito's ideology was badly damaged by his childhood, while Sho still has that idealogy to fight for good, not just from a "the ends justify the means" standpoint of righting a wrong.

Also, I did interpret the cemetery that Agito set up while Shizu was recovering to finally maybe be an expression of love to her. Agito probably knows better than anyone aside from Shizu herself how much she hated sacrificing the Libertus--even when they asked for her to do so--and how much Yohei's death hurt her. She's basically got no family left and maybe Agito knows, seeing first hand how far she's wiling to go for him, that she deserves maybe to be treated a little better by him. It's also like was suggested in the Guyver I vs Guyver III confrontation that Agito isn't really used to receiving sympathy or mercy or kindness from anyone aside from Shizu and Yohei, and maybe he does realize that the old "do on to others before they do on to you" philosophy and his unwillingness to trust anyone (aside from Shizu basically) has built a wall between him and the more positive aspects of the world.

If you've ever listened to the Pink Floyd album The Wall or seen the film adaption, you can see how potentially self-destructive such a thing can be. Maybe Shizu almost dying and the info he got from Sho was a bit of a wake up call to Agito to "tear down the wall."

I don't condone or endorse some of the more violent or rash things that Agito has done, namely harming or killing innocent people, but I understand his motivations, but even then there's gotta be a point where too much is just too much.

As I've mentioned, Agito basically "walling" himself away from the rest of the world has sort of stunted his growth as a person. There's more to life and happiness than power and success. Granted, we can't say with 100% certainty yet, because Agito is still (for all we know) a shady, amoral character, but if his actions are genuinely remorseful to Sho and a showing of love to Shizu, maybe he is changing, and that's something I can identify with. Agito may know that he's gone pretty far with his goals, but maybe he also knows that he still has everything to lose if he doesn't do it right.

Edited by Chernaudi

As far as my actual fan fic, Agito is still going to be the anti-hero, but he'll be more like Aptom than someone who can be seen in some ways as being almost as bad as Chronos.  And that's not just because of Chronos not really existing anymore.  However, he'll have a rivalry with Caius from the Volturi, who, if any of you have read the story of wanna look him up, IMO, he makes some of the guys from Chronos and Agito look like saints. 

However, I most likely won't be working on this tonight, and probably not until Sunday because of F1 from Australia and this year's 12 Hours of Sebring being on this weekend.  Sorry, guys, but I'll still be on and post responses to stuff here :)

Later on, I might start to work on my fan fic again.  It depends on what my mood is and how hungry I get over the next couple of hours, a long with the fact that what I want to eat is really tempting.

But I'll have to at least read though my last chapter to get back on track because I haven't worked on it in like forever.

And as far as Twilight characters go, if you think that I've been a bit hard on Agito, here's one from Twilight that is arguably (unarguably IMO) worse than Agito:

http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Caius

As far as Twilight characters, Aro is probably the closest to being like Agito.

I've have worked a bit on my fan fic tonight.  I'll be trying to finish up my work on it for now in about a half hour or and hour or so.  It's mostly Shizu, one of her friends, Aptom and his wife at home, and it's narrated from Elle's (Aptom's wife's) POV.

Later on, I'll be trying to explore Shizu and Agito's relationship a bit more, though it'll be post Chronos defeat, and it'll be mostly in the canon of my story, though I'll touch on things that go way back, too.