gr8test anime on earth (after guyver of course) :D

Guest Brolly

Yesterday i completed watching all episodes of nenon genesis evangelion, and i thought that it was totaly cool... Nobody else makes such psychodelic storylines like japanese do :D i mean the last episode where a clone grl became as big as earth and eva units grown theys heads that had face just like ayanami was unbelievable. I was just wonderig are there any more such high quality anime like evangelion, if you know some then please which and why you like it

I think Marcross/Robotech (part one) is a great anime. I haven't seen the Japanese version Macross but I grew up watching Robotech and I fell in love with it, even though I now realize that it's a butchered anime. I'm gonna find Macross some time later. I don't know about Eveangeion so I can't say if Marcross is similar.

Trigun and Inuyasha I would have to say

oh yeah, trigun is totaly cool, i saw one Weird All Yankovich clip "the beer song" and some guy used trigun animation for that song.... That was the first time i ever saw that side of anime, i mean the sight of trigun puking was dis cus ting :shock:

on the other hand inuyasha is not one of the best anime, if you ask me. It uses default plot: good brother, evil brother, quest for something that can destroy universe, a girl from nowhere wich is the core of the quest and a choise between good path and evil path for main character.... Now where did i saw this before? oh yeah, Shinzo, Berserk(well not exactly)... i could name more if you want

i bought the entire series of n.g.evangelion.

It was a mistake.

:) i respect that you enjoyed it , but i HATED it.

of course you ask "why did you buy them all then?".

well up until the final episode i thought it was great, good action and the promise of something grand at the end.

and then they threw a load of post modern artistic abstract crap at us. :?

the majority of the episode was just repeating everything that had already been said and that stupid kid moaning in pathetic self pity.

it made me sick! i wanted to see things getting killed and maimed!! :twisted:

after all that is what the eva does isn't it?! :wink:

BIG disappointment!

i understand that some people like artistic stuff but i don't feel it fit in with the rest of the series, you can argue with me if you like.

anyone else feel the same as i did?

If you liked everything aside from the last 2 eps then pic up end of evengelion as it a redo of the epps with plenty of action(the reqason the last two epps looked cheap is cause the series budget was cut casue it was becomiong to violent), though there is still some psychic stuff its not as bad as he tv version of the epps

I think FCLC and Evangelion rate rather high. Both series are willing to go where no other has gone before, Eva for its look at the fragility of the human condition and FCLC for its complete insanity. Both deal with choice and becoming a more complete person over the course of time. Say what you will about it because eveyone looks for something diffrent, but don't discount talk and psycology. Sometimes some of the experiance comes from your own evaluation.

I liked Gasaraki, but if we are going for all time bests or classics it has to be Mobile Suit Gundam (The first series from the late 70's) Gundam revolutionized Animation with it's sociological, historical, and Pop culture themes it demonstrated class and briliance. Gundam was and still is in a class of it's own.

Gundam is the best. 8)

i hear ya!

I watched the movies and they are a great improvement!!

I think i'm still bitter about the gap between releases (sometimes 3 months here in the uk) and the hideous over pricing (?18.99 for one set - thats $33.00)!

btw what is FCLC?

They also made kare kano which is a romantic comedy, but it has the same sort of weird psychological evangaleion/insane flcl sort of thing going on which makes it pretty fun. If you like both evangelion and flcl might want to take a look at it.

• 3 weeks later...