Everything posted by Mecha
-
Mecha's Blog
I hate that the GuyverBoard is gone... it was an excellent reference for everything Guyver even in it's locked state. I dared to go through my old website files when the site closed in the hopes of finding a copy of the SQL file from when I was an Admin but couldn't find one. You'll probably see me contributing to this blog topic quite a bit. I'm always talking nonsense so it'll be a good outlet for some crazy stuff to escape my mind.
-
messages to website editors.
I hope you guys don't mind, I've been editing or adding pages to the site's wiki. I edited the Final Fantasy series page adding new game information. I edited the Legend of Zelda series page with new game information. I created the Nippon Ichi Software company wiki page. I intend to add more company pages if everyone agree's that the above company profile is fine. ps. I couldn't create a new topic. I don't know if that's a bug or if I need permission to even edit the wiki. If so, sorry I didn't ask, just felt compelled to do some game-related writing.
-
Mecha's Blog
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been around these parts. Quite a few of you will know me as the ever-mental Dr. Mecha from the GuyverBoard. I used to be an Administrator over there with Ryuki and the others and I mainly performed maintenance on the site (along with various bits of interesting moderation). An unknown secret from the GuyverBoard days was that myself and Ryuki were working on a similar system this site has right now. It wasn't a wiki, but it would have been a way for users to contribute Guyver information to the masses. It's funny to think that through the Guyver, I had found some of the best people on earth. The people I met through the GuyverBoard and indeed this site truly have my respect for the amount of love and time they put into their chosen subjects, be it Guyver,Tokusatsu or otherwise. These days, I don't do much forum stuff. When the GuyverBoard folded and became the stuff of forum legend, I decided to start up a gaming website. That site didn't quite go the way I had invisioned so it was closed quite early on. From there, I drifted a little until I decided to give it all another go. I now run ConsoleCore, a hybrid video game journalism / blog site which lets me leak all the industry information I've got access to out onto the interwebs. Through it, I talk about recent news, write editorials and post up reviews. Every so often I drift back here to 'annoy' those I know. Ryuki's never managed to get rid of me (well... not yet anyway!) so I guess I'll continue to be the site nomad. If you have gaming questions... hit me with them. I like the challenge of finding the answer's that people want to know (especially when I have to look at my e-mail list of PR reps). Until next time friends, stay tuned to this channel.
-
Game accounts (PSN, Steam, Live)
If anyone wants this evil gamer on their XBOX Live list, then add: MechaGS I'm on my XBOX quite a bit. If you do add me, mention it in message so I know who are from Japan Legend!
-
The Desktop Thread!
- petition for Guyver english Manga
-
DBZ MMO!!!!!
"In 2008, a MMO Dragon Ball Z will be hitting Japan. Being beta testing in Korea this summer, the game is set 200 years after the manga's end. The plot? An evil organization has divided up the world, which players set out to reunite. What's more, players start off as kids, grow into adults and can select any of the major races — Saiyan, Nameks and Humans. Just as you'd expect with any MMO, players can also make their own avatars. Artist Akira Toriyama will be lending a hand to design characters, backgrounds and generally make sure the game looks all Toriyama-ey." Looks interesting, so I'll throw in some game info:- Story:- Dragon Ball Online is set in Age 1000, exactly 216 years after Son Goku left the 28th World Tournament to train Uub in Age 784. The player takes the role of one of the many warriors living on Earth, searching for the Dragon Balls, training to compete in the World Tournament, or aspiring to become like the warriors of legend. While training, the player senses a disaster will strike the world. The Earth is divided into pieces by a villainous organization known as the Dark Eye, which is lead by a mysterious individual. Receiving guidance from Time Patrol Trunks, the player sets out on a journey to defeat the mastermind and save the world, meeting other players along the way, and interacting with the denizens of Earth, including characters from the original series. Features and Info:- - The official name for the game is: Dragon Ball Online - It's being developed by Namco-Bandai and will be their first MMORPG game. They have licensed the rights to use the Dragonball Z Intellectual Property from Atari for the US / UK Release (pending). - The game is to be beta-tested in Korea and if all goes well, will be released within 6 months of testing by Namco-Bandai. The game is not being set a US / UK Release Date but should be out in 2008. Screenshots:- http://www.gameskank.net/mecha/dbzmmo1.jpg http://www.gameskank.net/mecha/dbzmmo2.jpg http://www.gameskank.net/mecha/dbzmmo3.jpg http://www.gameskank.net/mecha/dbzmmo4.jpg Click an image link for a larger version.
-
Final Fantasy: Before Crisis
Due to this being a Mobile Phone game and it not having any contracts for usage anywhere other than Japan, I doubt we'll see it until late 2008 if it ever arrives at all. Apparently, the US Port was halted due to Companies not taking up the RPG offers and Square-Enix have stopped looking for Mobile Rights in the US. I hope it eventually makes it's way around, but I don't see it arriving anytime soon.
-
New Gaming Site Coming Soon !
Hey everyone, a few of you will know me as a former Guyver.net Admin and others won't know me at all. I'm currently in the middle of developing a huge gaming site with a bunch of friends. The site will contain Game news, reviews, trailers and everything else you'd expect from a Gaming community site. We are not on par with such big groups as IGN, GameSpot, Game Trailers, etc but we are aiming to be better them by offering truthful reviews, non-biased information and of course full coverage of what YOU want. The users will choose how the site is molded when it is launched in a few weeks time. Along with having Game information, we'll also have Anime reviews, news, trailers, etc just like you'd expect from an Anime community site but the main catch here is the site will be mainly Game orientated as that is it's intended purpose. The main site isn't up yet, but it will be located at:- http://www.gameskank.net 2 nights ago, the forum went live, which many of you gaming fans may be interested in. Feel free to take a look and join if you want to:- http://www.gameskank.net/board/ I hope a few of you drift over to take a look. ------------- We're also hiring, the following positions need filled:- - News Reporters (up to the minute news. must be at least two news article a day) - Interviewers (must set up interviews by themselves with gaming community dev's, etc but we will help where possible) - Game / Anime Reviewers (must follow set criteria and marking scheme) - System Administrators (to deal with data entry) - User Relations (to deal with user issues, if any arise such as lost passwords to ban appeals) If you believe you can fill any of these positions, please contact me (Mecha) either here or over on the sites forum and I'll review each person individually. Having MSN will obviously help you in this case as you could grab one of us directly.
-
Bleach Anime
As I said in my previous topic, Bleach is slow to start (like Naruto) but eventually gets to a better pace (unlike Naruto). Overall, it's not a bad start but it could have been way more effective if they'd left out the crap about the Bounto from the previous filler arc.
-
Bleach Anime
I've seen all current episodes of Bleach and have to say it's a fantastic Anime indeed. The Anime is currently back in-line with the Manga but they didn't do a very good job of introducing it, but it's slowly getting better again. Looking forward to the next ep