Sign in to follow this  
Polyonymous

Favorite first person shooter?

What is your favorite first person shooter?  Mine would be the Fallout games such as Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4.

Although you can switch in and out from first person to third person.

Edited by Mercer

My favorite is ArmA 3 with some addons which making it more realistic (like that one which making Earth's rotation affects your bullets). Until ArmA 3 release my fav was Operation Flashpoint. Somehow I didn't got in ArmA 1 and 2.

Aside of realism, I love it because the mission editor. Back in 2001 that was a dream come true for me, when the Flashpoint was released. You put two groups of soldiers on the map and they are trying to kill each other! YEAH!

I also love the first Unreal Tournament, DooM series and the first FarCry.

As much hate it rightfully gets for poor story telling, always being online and content drips... I'd have to say Destiny.

I've always been more of a "Sci-Fi" shooter fan, and Bungie has been doing them right for a long long time. And Destiny, again, despite the poor storytelling (which is sad, because the plot is kind of cool), is a very solid first person shooter with great controls.

Plus the sheer amount of hours I've put into it, has to mean something... right?

Is and always will be Turok - Dinosaur Hunter!

On that note, I'm gonna have to say the N64 era of FPS's.

You had games like Turok that had the weapons, and games like Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark with actual mission variety

Yea the N64 had some wonderful games. Its thanks to this game that I'm a fan of all things Turok. Comic, games and the animated movie. I must hook up my N64 sometime and play through these games again.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, Matt Bellamy said:

As much hate it rightfully gets for poor story telling, always being online and content drips... I'd have to say Destiny.

I've always been more of a "Sci-Fi" shooter fan, and Bungie has been doing them right for a long long time. And Destiny, again, despite the poor storytelling (which is sad, because the plot is kind of cool), is a very solid first person shooter with great controls.

Plus the sheer amount of hours I've put into it, has to mean something... right?

To Bungie's credit, I like to think they've gotten a little better with DestinyThe Taken King finally started integrating more story, though they could still do more.  That said, I'm looking forward to Rise of Iron (pre-ordered it a few weeks back for the bonuses -- Iron Black Gally just looks too sweet); the chance to see what happened to the original Iron Lords, the SIVA and all... it makes me interested to see where they go from here when Destiny 2 finally comes out.  I'm just sad that I still won't get to play the Sector 618 Crucible map, or try out the Jade Rabbit or Zen Meteor before Destiny 2 comes out (assuming it's Fall 2017 like currently planned); the pitfalls of PlayStation-exclusives.

For myself, though... I think the first three Halo games were my favorites.  I tried Doom 3, but could only go about 20 minutes at a time before I had to stop because I caught myself tensing up too much.

Btw, Matt, if you play on XBox One, I'll tag you sometime with my gamertag, in case you're interested.

Edited by Azaar