Has anyone ever watched Elfen Lied? Red hair girl named Lucy who is psychic and has horns on her head? Kills people for fun? 

This is probably one of the most violent anime shows I've ever seen with tons of nudity. Its a fun watch. Just wondering if anyone else has watched it.

Elfen-Lied.Lucy_.640x960-3.jpg

Edited by Jupiter

A that takes me back. I liked the series but the manga was better. It's not the bloodiest anime/manga I have ever come across.

Question! Did Lucy really die? That was a huge mystery at the end of the anime or was that just a filler scene that never took place?

A that takes me back. I liked the series but the manga was better. It's not the bloodiest anime/manga I have ever come across.

Question! Did Lucy really die? That was a huge mystery at the end of the anime or was that just a filler scene that never took place?

First off the story goes on for a lot longer then in the anime and a lot of stuff happens. Everything plays out the same but she doesn't die at this point and Kouta doesn't find out about her passed until the very end.

Spoilers

Lucy also unlocks her true power as a Queen.  Her horns grow longer and her vectors become ridiculously powerful. In this state her vectors could Drilled a 2+ kilometer deep hole through the bedrock of a small island, causing an explosion that triggered a 30+ meter tall wave/tsunami and then later sank it completely via chain reaction.It was stated that the vectors were for physically destroying mankind, additionally she thought her final attack(s) would kill everyone. However using this power this takes its tole on her body.

5244370816_a13a762b64.jpg

At the end after finding out everything Kouta makes her promise not to kill people again but that proves to be impossible as she is constantly being attacked and also began to dissolve her body from overuse of her powers. Kouta is also wounded at this time. Faced with a choice givingin to her DNA Voice (the voice spoke to her as child and tells her to kill) and of destroying the world that had caused her so much pain and saving Kouta, whose wounds had been worsened unto death, she turned all her remaining energy into healing him (in the manga it revialed that her vector special abilities is cell reconstruction/restoration, giving a healing ability). As her body began to literally fall apart before his eyes, Kouta was given a gun and urged to fulfill his childhood promise to kill her before the DNA Voice took control and tried again to destroy the world. The Lucy and Nyu personalities held the third one back, but Kouta found that he could not kill his old friend, no matter how she wronged him. Before fading, Lucy urged him to return each year to where they first met, and one day, she would be waiting for him. The most vicious personality now had full control, but was in such incredible pain that it placed the gun in Kouta's hands, and in a mix of mercy and vengeance, Kouta killed the girl he knew as Nyu.

Edited by Prometheus Guyver
  • Like 1