Need Guidance for My Review Channel

Mirabilis

Hey guys,

so ever since I was 17, I had this concept of creating an anime review channel on youtube, I have the theme of it, the style figured out, ranking system, awards all of that. I have reaper for recording and sharing it through a video software system too. But the problem is, is that I want to be able to add some digital art at certain times in my videos, like a badge or ribbon or something as an award, like a #1 badge and things like that. I'm not sure how to create digital art or even what software to use for it. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Some examples of what I'm looking for would be below:

Angryjoe:

Wanting to do things with my background (fire really) and have a background with fire in it, but it's painted on black sheets it's not digital. His ranking is shown and his seal too. 

JesuOtaku:

Here she goes back and forth from showing clips and to her person. Any ideas on what software I should get for that?

Currently I just have a webcam, I did have pinnacle studio on my other laptop but was told that wouldn't work for my project so I got rid of it. And just the black sheets with painted fire on it. Things I know I need:

-Lights

-A very good camera

-Software but don't know what type or kind

-A good clip on mic

-Maybe a blue or green screen? Unsure

Sorry...I really have been wanting to do this for a very long time, really ever since I started watching bleach and yu yu hakusho. So a while ago lol. 

lighting is easy. you can use anything. for photos, I usually use my computer screen on a white webpage and my lamp. most important thing to know though is how different light positions will help you.

a good camera can be gotten on most smart phones these days but for a cheaper one, you can get some good ones on ebay. i got a sanyo xacti cg10 and that does the job. tripod is important of course.

for simple cuts, you can use something like virtual dub. or vdubmod.  it's more tricky if you want to mix your videos like doing transitions and also having sound overlaid. i probably wouldn't use it for that and would go for something more dedicated like adobe premier.

you could get a clip on mic or you could get a directional mic. the directional mic may be better for filtering out unwanted background noise.

I do have a very good webcam, but I was thinking like you mentioned a tripod, and a motion picture camera but wasn't sure if I would really need that or if that would be too much? I'll definitely book looking up adobe then! And while we're at should I get adobe photoshop or illustrator? Those are programs that can create what I want right?

a webcam is designed to record a low bitrate video stream. that means it may be aggressive with some hardware processing. also, the audio may not be great. there are other things to take into consideration. a half decent video camera will give you controls over shutter speed and aperture to a certain degree, and white balance and focus etc . a webcam will do much of this automatically and you might get some unwanted auto adjustments and you'd just have to put up with it.

photoshop is pretty standard for creating graphics.

I dunno, I've watching these videos for years and even watching them now, gets me angry and mad at my own inability. I mean, I know what I want to create it's just that I have no friggen clue on what to get. It's not like I've just sat there with my hands in my lap either. I've tried reaching out, messaged people like JeremyJohns and Angryjoe asking for pointers or guidance, I never hear back though. I've gone to places like BestBuy explaining to them what I'm trying to do and showing clips like the ones above, and they can't really give me any good answers. I just don't get it. It can't be that hard or complicated. I mean if I get the stuff I know I can record myself and everything would be fine, the only issue I could possibly see would be needing to find another artist to do the digital artwork because in truth I'm a joke when it comes to that stuff. I dunno. I really want to do this but it just irritates me that I have no real direction to go in due to my lack of knowledge. 

I don't mean to rant, I thank you for all your advice Ryuki. I was thinking about getting a camera like a cinema camera, something likehttps://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&es_sm=122&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&q=cinema+film+camera&revid=1361880309&sa=X&ei=RyvYVI_RJsalgwSWsICQDQ&ved=0CCMQ1QIoAQ. But as you were pointing out is that something I would really need? I thought I might need some overheads, which I do have for my drumkit. I have some overheads but again not sure if it's needed for something like this. Apologies if I seem childish just sort of frustrated with myself right now.

Currently playing around with the Cyberlink powerdirector program. Seems to be pretty good though the audio isn't that great. The Logitech cam I have also seems to be pretty good though it is just a webcam like mentioned above. So not sure if it's really gonna work or not. Think I'm gonna try to find something better ultimately. 

unfortunately you can't expect any hand holding. those people like angry joe have a lot of viewers and they simply can't afford to spend time answering to requests like that.

it'#s not that you're undeserving of help, it's more that there are lots of resources to learn these things if you just look around and they don't have time to do a lot of stuff. they work hard on their own stuff.

if you're passionate about it, you have to keep digging. i mean, I have done a few tutorials on photoshop on this forum. maybe you've seen them, maybe you haven't.

you could also easily do a search for 'photoshop for beginners'.  that's a very simple thing to do.

most people are self taught. they had to get that knowledge from somewhere, right? if they could do it, why can't you?

that video camera you're looking at, that is just crazy. it's as i mentioned earlier, it's not equipment that matters, it's your ability to use it. read about these things and learn as much as you can.

• Like 1

Been playing around with my cybermedia think I mentioned and it's been more than useful. Been learning a lot with adding texts and images to recorded videos. Unfortunately just haven't been able to create any actual image that I am looking for to fit my theme. Yeah I guess I'm just more of a "hands on" type of learner. Even if I do learn how to manipulate images in say a photoshop or illustrator I don't really have the time to tone my skill to the degree that I'm looking for. Just got too many things going on for me to play around with it unfortunately, even had to drop other projects. Kind of why I would much rather find an graphic's designer on the web and pay them to create the images rather than go through weeks and weeks of training and odds being it still not what I like. 

But currently my skill with video editing has greatly improved. Now I'm just needing to upgrade my equipment for better quality. Really wishing for the best on this project. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So just an update, I went to a group of broadcasting networks and I signed up to join their group. I went through the training procedure and am now certified to have my own show in cable and can use any and all studio equipment! I'm pretty excited but still will need some assistance from people in the studio. Hoping things turn around for the better.  :neko:

• Like 2