Buying of Ebay

Would you guys recomend getting electronics off ebay, or just save up to get them at a higher price in stores?

Im a lil uprehensive buying a computer off ebay because it would be at such a low price that it could have anything wrong with it and i would only find out when i receve the computer.

Also, i have bought a guyver book from ebay and it is being shipped from Singapoor for ?3.70 plus P+P, do you think i have a chance seeing it in 2 weeks or at all?

My bestfriend bought a Nintendo off Ebay and the damn thing didn't work, so I would have to say no. :P

As for the Guyver book, I'd say don't worry about it. I've only had 2 times when the my item got lost in the mail. THe first seller sent me another and the other seller... let's just say I won't ever buy from her again. :wink:

People aren't supposed to sell stuff that doesn't work or is broken on E-bay, but there are some pretty twisted individuals out there. I say just buy something at retail price. If it doesn't work, you usually can get tech support or a refund.

People aren't supposed to sell stuff that doesn't work or is broken on E-bay, but there are some pretty twisted individuals out there. I say just buy something at retail price. If it doesn't work, you usually can get tech support or a refund.

I pretty much agree and do everything Omega just said, it's the reason I never buy anything off the net.

If the person you buying off has a good feedback rating you should be ok. Just stay away from obvious cons and you should be ok.

I have used ebay quite alot and only ever had trouble with one item which strangly enough was my first purchase. But i got a complete refund include the postage for sending the item back.

I pretty much agree and do everything Omega just said, it's the reason I never buy anything off the net.

Do you mean ebay or any internet shopping. Most of the major sites are very reliable and you could save absolute fortune by online. Just as with ebay just watch who you buy with and you will be ok.