A question regarding the high frequency spear

Guest Bladesman

Rather then simply cutting a opponent the high frequency spear could supposedly cause bodies to disintegrate, I wanted to know, what made this weapon different from other high frequency weapons, was it because it impaled rather then cut or is it something else?

If you are referring to the Gigantic Chest Spike that can extend forward like a vibrational spear then that is part of the Gigantic's Gravity Ram attack.

Basically during this combat maneuver the chest spike extends out like a vibrational spear, though it can also be percieved like a lance, as the Gigantic rockets forward with the back thrusters (similar to how the Gravity Knuckles, AKA Power Punch attach is used) and the Barrier Shield is projected.

Essentially turning the Gigantic into a large projectile with a nice point for anything that gets through the Barrier Shield. The added benefit being this manuever both protects the Gigantic and can be used as an attack at the same time that obliterates just about anything in the path of the Gigantic.

The suggested Alkanphel situation manuever may also be possible with this weapon since the Gigantic does seem flexible in the use of its weapons.

Actually i meant what makes aptoms high frequency spear differnt from high frequency swords? sorry about the confusion.

Edited by Bladesman

Just the application, they work under the same principle of vibrating at high frequency.

The shape of the weapon, just like any physical weapon, determines how it is used.

Though we can be pretty sure that they aren't as high grade as the Guyver's, and have the vulnerability that once fully stretched out it can't be quickly drawn back. This is why G1 was able to dash in and slice it off combined with the fact the extending tendril wasn't vibrational and thus could not resist G1's sword.

However we do know Aptom tends to improve on the abilities of the original and he has better control over his body than Khan did, so the new version of him probably has swords more similar to the Guyver/Thancrus type.

And I don't see any significant similarities to this weapon and the Gigantic's chest spike, actually it would be closer to the Gigantic Swords which can harpoon out and be used like bladed whips.

• 2 weeks later...

Zeo, i have a question about the Gravity Chest Spike, and didn't feel like starting a new thread.

Wtf happened in book 25 with the Chest Spike and Shoulder spikes? My friend and I thought it looked like the three spikes somehow acted as conductors, and the attack itself was gravity-based. I don't know if you know any Japanese, but I don't know a lick of it, so just wondering if you could shed some light on that.

Gravity Implosion

The 3 Gravity Controllers that produced the M.B. (Micro Black hole), the

Chest spike and extended Gravity Stabilizer on both Sholders align to shoot

the Gigantic Exceed's super equipment. On release of the Micro Black Hole, any body or energy in the line of fire shall instantly be crushed, and later "Evaporates"

these appendages must be used as conduits for teh gravitational energy.

not entirely sure. good points though. teh stabiliser thingies seem in hte position to do something when Guyver makes his shield. so they must have controle over teh magnetic fields and perhaps cause some protection maybe. thats if he even needs it.

but i think it behaves like teh guyvers fingers when he makes a pressure cannon.

the description of teh pressure cannon says that the Guyver uses his fingers to focus the singularity.

It has long been thought the shoulder spikes channel the gravity energy to form the barrier shield.

The chest spike was first shown in the Gravity Ram attack, which uses the Barrier Shield at the same time, which means it probably extends/reinforces the field as well.

So put that together, assuming we are right that the shoulder spikes are involved in the generation of the Barrier Field, and it means they were being used to channel and focus the gravitational power.

All of which makes sense when you consider that the attack the Gigantic Exceed was creating was far more compressed than the Pressure Cannon ever was.

Now, why did he go Exceed mode just to use this ability? If using this attack requires him to go Godzilla status, then that to me suggests that everything, but namely the Gravity Control Orbs, grow and operate proportionatly and thus giving him the energy he needed for he attack that regular sized Gravity Orbs couldn't grant him. I remember a debate about this on the old forums, does this new attack shed light on the subject?

Also, my friend was wondering; do you think that the Gravity Implosion is more powerful than the Giga Smasher or is it just a different weapon with its own niche?

And lastly, if the shoulder mounts do infact manipualte gravitational energy, is it theoretically possible that he could use them to create a gravity bubble that bends light around him instead of a protective barrier? I know he's never been shown using that power, but is it possible? Cause an invisible Gigantic would be AWESOME!!!

Cheers!

Sho went Exceed because Khan went Dragonlord and was stomping on him like he was bug.

The final attack used by Sho was only because he needed a way to stop Khan that wouldn't vaporize the city in the process. He would have otherwise used the Smashers. So you could say the Gravity Implosion (aka Black Hole) was a niche weapon but technically it is potentially more powerful. The Smashers are just quicker and generally more effective but the interaction between them and Khan's Ultimate Purgatorium would have taken out the city and possibly caused an ecological disaster like say a nuclear winter, etc.

It is unknown if the Gigantic has enough control to use the Barrier Field to cloak but technically it should be possible given enough gravitational energy to essentially lens the EM field around the Gigantic. Though without proper control he is more likely to either glow or appear like a black hole or like a distorted mirror.

• 10 months later...

There's also the fact that while in Exceed, the Gigantic is actively drawing the maximum amount of power from the dimension it channels energy from which is probably required for the Black Hole Cannon.

It is unknown if the Gigantic has enough control to use the Barrier Field to cloak but technically it should be possible given enough gravitational energy to essentially lens the EM field around the Gigantic. Though without proper control he is more likely to either glow or appear like a black hole or like a distorted mirror.

Wouldn't such a huge gravitational distortion be noticeable even if not visible?

Edited by Renegade

There's also the fact that while in Exceed, the Gigantic is actively drawing the maximum amount of power from the dimension it channels energy from which is probably required for the Black Hole Cannon.

I would surmise that to be a correct assumption, the Power Amp Crystals were all glowing and expanded just like they were when the Gigantic first went Exceed. Though it is unknown whether this weapon will be unique to the Exceed or perhaps the Gigantic will be capable of a scaled down version.

Wouldn't such a huge gravitational distortion be noticeable even if not visible?

It depends on how well the energy is controlled, since it can be noted that the Gravity Implosion attack did not act like a black hole until it was fired. So there was little if any radiated gravitational energy to be detected.

The thing to remember is the Guyver has the technology to control, channel, and focus gravity energy. So we wouldn't observe gravitational effects as they would appear and act naturally until said energy was released from that control.

The Gravitational Energy for the Pressure Cannon for example is channeled from the Gravity Control Orb, through the Guyver's body, and then focused into the Pressure Cannon within the palms. All with no side effects along the way despite the significant amount of gravitational energy involved.

It depends on how well the energy is controlled, since it can be noted that the Gravity Implosion attack did not act like a black hole until it was fired. So there was little if any radiated gravitational energy to be detected.

The thing to remember is the Guyver has the technology to control, channel, and focus gravity energy. So we wouldn't observe gravitational effects as they would appear and act naturally until said energy was released from that control.

The Gravitational Energy for the Pressure Cannon for example is channeled from the Gravity Control Orb, through the Guyver's body, and then focused into the Pressure Cannon within the palms. All with no side effects along the way despite the significant amount of gravitational energy involved.

Zeo, you got a good point, but I think using a cloaking field generated by the Exceed's gravitional energy would make a near perfect, if not perfect, cloak. Though, I'm pretty sure a Zoalord would be able to sense the Exceed because of the energy being generated and active used.

If the Gigantic Exceed were to have cloaking capabilities, it would probably be able to generate it from a different source of energy. Albeit, I wouldn't know what the energy would be. I believe the cloak would be as effective as Gastal's invisibility.

• 1 year later...

Gastal's invisibility seemed to be similar to adaptive refractive skin, but more more advanced. Adaptive refractive skin is a chemical seal that can be applied to ceramics, which causes light to refract around the ceramic when in a 360 degree coating. But the most advanced form of that is still pretty visible, and the stuff's so fragile that putting it on a car let alone a person would be nearly impossible.

But the point is to bend and control the visible spectrum, but this same gunk distorts the Entire spectrum, including ultraviolet, infrared, x-rays and the other umpteen categories. It's just not very effective with anything outside the visual spectrum with our current tech. Now, if you could make a much more advanced version of that stuff, then you could get a cloaking system that would work very well for the Guyver. It requires very little energy and can be secreted, or perhaps expelled as a aerosol over the surface of the guyver, and could then be used almost indefinitely. Using EM to distort light and bend it is a high powered way of doing the same thing, but there it is - High powered. For the Gigantic, power is an actual concern, so you'd want to conserve it.

On the disintegration the high frequency spear boasted - that would have been due to discordant frequencies. The high frequency vibrations would travel along the spear without interfering too much with themselves, then overlap at the tip of the spear, causing it vibrate enormously and be able to penetrate many things. But more importantly, as the vibration connects with something, if tuned properly, it will radiate into the target with discordant frequencies. The target will undergo rapid vibration of adjacent tissues at different frequencies, and they'll literally shake apart, which translates to dissolving when you look at it acting on a human body.

• 5 months later...

I have a question about this too.

Who gave Aptom the high-frequency spear?

I mean, what zoanoid did he absorb that had that power? Or did Khan just make it up?

I've looked at the "list" of the zoanoids he has absorbed. NONE of the ones listed, or any other zoanoids have it as a weapon.

This has been killing me :/

we can't say for sure.

we do know that he absorbed many zoanoids that we did not actually see and do not have any name for.

we can only assume at this stage that the spear came from unspecified zoanoid.

I don't see how khan could just make it up.. he would need some genetic data to draw from.. that is how aptoms body works.

I looked at the pictures and couldn't even see any zoanoid that appeared as if it could have the spear.